Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Ooh wifey took me for a stroll and bought me a cake to eat and told me thats she's been selected to take command of her squadron at the beginning of next year as the current SL is being promoted. She was concerned that it could hurt 'us' (when we reconciled a few years back I know she took a lesser opportunity so she could move to SA to live with me, this set her career progression back a little), she will have to work even longer hours will be under more stress and will have to do a 3 month staff officer course in Canberra in the second half of the year. I'm totally fine with all that and told her so, she has always wanted to get a command and now she will have one 🙂. All is good and happy in Kittyland :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Omg this midweek break is awesome, I was a bit stressed after two days back and now I'm totally not stressed 🙂 I've been doing marking all day, but I was doing it at my outdoor dining table on my deck, where I can see the sea in the distance and listen to the birds (I've got a Kookaburra living down the back, he laughs loudly every morning at dawn!), very relaxing 🙂

• Like 1

I've realised how bad I am at geometry. First I probably ignored most of it, then I didn't put any effort into learning the "basics" making my knowledge about geometry stuff very... strange.

Well at least I learned how important it is to put effort into learning things even if you don't enjoy them 😛 

• Agree 1

Got home this afternoon with the whole place smokey as hell. In a panic I logged onto the fire service to find out where the bush fire was and how much time I would have to evacuate.... Only it was a controlled burn off happening just across the road in the Sturt Gorge Park, so yeah the fire was really close but deliberate and being monitored by the CFS (country Fire Service) phew:classic_laugh:

Saw wifey off this morning on a deployment, away for 2 weeks...will miss her of course but my health is holding as are the stress levels so shouldn't be any issues. Loving the reduced hours and managed time off... I'm registered as a 'Staff Member with a Disability' nowadays which is ok (though I have to speak to a disability advisor every month...oh and it makes it very hard for the uni to sack me so thats good lol)🤣

• Like 1
11 hours ago, UP100 said:

Whew. Got through all of my exams... well at least I did them. Did I fail is another question altogether 😁

Sure you did fine 🙂 I can report that i didn't even get close to failing a student for my fossil course:classic_biggrin:

OMG just saw that the Mass Effect Trilogy is being remastered...I totally love those games.:classic_love: May 15 is time for the most badass female character of all time to save the galaxy again... go-go Commander Kitty Shephard!!!!😎

• Like 1

Yay! Wifey is taking me away for my 31st in June, we're going to a place I've always wanted to visit but haven't seen yet. We're going to spend 2 weeks hiking/camping etc in the Red Centre, fly to Alice Springs, hire a car.. walk some of the Larapinta trail then see Uluru, The Olgas and Kings Canyon 🙂 So excited!

39 minutes ago, KittyFit90 said:

Yay! Wifey is taking me away for my 31st in June, we're going to a place I've always wanted to visit but haven't seen yet. We're going to spend 2 weeks hiking/camping etc in the Red Centre, fly to Alice Springs, hire a car.. walk some of the Larapinta trail then see Uluru, The Olgas and Kings Canyon 🙂 So excited!

😮 

On the other hand, I'm doing nothing 😁

Holy dust effect Batman!:classic_blink:

Huge dust storm in progress here, the sky is a dark orange and everyone is coughing and sneezing. The uni is handing out dust masks to everyone but man its like the apocalypse right now... gonna be an epic sunset tonight no doubt. Poor farmers though, this is the top soil being ripped off the dry farmlands on the peninsulas:classic_sad: Oh... just thought... hope wifey wasn't flying today...:classic_unsure:

On mid-semester break for 2 weeks, got some marking to do and then next week go to the beach house:classic_cool: really happy that I've only had 1 very mild migraine for the term and have not missed any time at work!

• Like 1

Marking done:classic_smile:

Going shopping with wifey on Saturday, we need hiking shoes and some other gear for our trip. Buying shoes is always difficult for both of us, my feet are so small I usually end up having to buy childrens shoes (not so good colours etc) and wifey has huge feet and has to buy mens shoes but they are often too wide. Pain in the butt...:classic_sad: As for clothes I can sometimes buy an extra small but all too often I end up in kids sizes and Wifey has to shop at a plus size womens store as mens shirts and pants are all wrong for women. I think on the whole being tiny for a woman is way better then being so tall... but she's such an Amazon goddess:classic_love:

On Sunday I'm watching the ANZAC Day parade with my mum, my dad is marching with the vietnam war vets and wifey is marching with the actively serving foreign deployment veterans (wifey has been to the Persian Gulf twice for extended deployments in the past).:classic_cool:

Omg my Dads mates from Vietnam know the most revolting yet hysterical jokes:classic_laugh: Having lunch at the RSL club with members of Dads regiment... my wife looks awesome in her uniform, she doesn't wear the formal one much as the RAAF have a working uniform which they use 95% of the time.

• Like 1
On 4/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, KittyFit90 said:

Fish and Chips and watching the sun go down over the sea with the wifey... this is living:classic_love:

I've been craving for some fish and chips for a while now. I don't really know where I'd get some though. Google would probably help 😛 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, UP100 said:

I've been craving for some fish and chips for a while now. I don't really know where I'd get some though. Google would probably help 😛 

Its my fav food, battered garfish and chips with chicken salt (but not too much)

• Like 1