Jump to content Jump to content

Posted (edited)

Yay!!! Wifey left a little envelope on the kitchen bench this morning, inside were two platinum passes to the V8 supercars this weekend at Talem Bend and a printout of a receipt for a hotel for tonight and Saturday night 🙂 She totally managed to keep this from me.... well done Megs and thankyou :classic_love: She will be home soon and we have a 100km drive but its a freeway the whole way so won't take long... gonna grab burgers on the way. V8s here I come!:classic_cool:

Edited by KittyFit90
  • Like 2

What an awesome way to spend a weekend, so much fun... though a bit chilly and wet. Very tired now, only just got home, had to stop and pick my dog up from my parents house (she gets so spoiled by my mum, steak and gravy for dinner lol) and wish my mum a Happy Mothers Day and listen to my annual 'you'd make a wonderful mum yourself, so when are you going to give us some more grandkids Kitty?' lol like never mum...haha:classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

and I'm just waiting for F1 here. Race days are just me spending time on random things until the race starts 😛 

• Like 2

My dog had her 6 monthly checkup today. She's in exceptional health for a Beagle of her age (she's 17 in a week) my friend (the vet) says she's now about 87-88 in human terms but absolutely fit as a fiddle. Bit of arthritis, diminishing hearing and eyesight but everything else a-ok. Love you Amelie:classic_love:

• Like 1

Got all my Mass Effect collectibles out of storage today and decorated my desk, so I had it with me when playing the remaster. Wife saw me unpacking it and we had this convo...

Her 'Whats all this ****?'

Me 'My Mass Effect collectibles'

Her, while holding a Garrus doll 'this guy is fugly' 

Me 'Hey thats Garrus and he's cool'

Her laughing 'you are such a nerd, my adorable little gamer girl' 

I stuck my tongue out and she left laughing all the way to the kitchen.

The two of us are very different people lol:classic_love:

1 minute ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

We hit a new record of users online again after announcements.

I think that the record may have been reset thanks to the forum maintenance. A lot of things are broken right now, such as users' names reverting to the original ones and many things being invisible due to the custom CM style being broken thanks to updates to the forums

On the other hand, I've gotten a nicer moderator logo to the top right of every message 😅

image.png.0733a85edea72d164a6be498a3e28397.png

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Well the first casualty of my wife's pending promotion has occurred... Our trip to the Red Centre is cancelled, wifey has to attend a briefing with PAC-COM in Hawaii instead:classic_angry: Me is cross... though I told her it was ok and I guess it is really, I know her career is very important to her and that this sort of thing does and will happen. No doubt it will happen more often now she is an SL (well not until Jan 22 but she is already doing some duties and getting briefings etc). One good thing tho, I got an entire chocolate moose cake with "i'm Sorry" to eat!:classic_love:

Edited by KittyFit90
Posted (edited)

Total lunar eclipse tonight, I'm on my deck with my telescope, a blanket and chattering teeth (its cold). Partly cloudy but I'm getting a good look most of the time, I love these types of thing... wife doesn't care, she's inside watching TV.

Edited by KittyFit90
  • Like 1

Had my hair done this afternoon, on a whim i decided to change up my look from my customary long braided ponytail (or braided pig tails when I feel like it) to a more stylish/grown up look with shoulder length 'Bob' style, partly done in the hope that I would look a lot less dorky. Anyway wife says when she gets home 'you hair looks great' me 'oh thanks, I was hoping to look a little less like a dork' she smirks and says 'oh... it would take a lot more than a haircut to cure that problem' she then smothered my attempt to playfully smack her with a hug and kiss to my forehead. I think maybe she's right tho... it hasn't helped at all lol:classic_love:

• Haha 1

Sigh... I'm sad today:classic_sad:. Something from my past has resurfaced (note to self, destroy unsent letters instead of tucking them inside things you might look at later) talk about opening wounds I thought were long gone. I found a goodbye letter I had written to my wife during our separation telling her how much hurt she had caused me... I effectively said that I was going to kill myself and that it was her fault. She found me crying in my office this morning and insisted that I tell her why, I handed her the letter and she read the first few lines then she went and got a box of matches and we burned it together, then we hugged, there wasn't anything to be said, she knows what I went through and everything has been said and that my forgiveness is absolute. I feel ok about it all now, but there's some lingering sadness at how close I came those years ago... it reminds me about the dangers of mental health issues that go unnoticed/ignored and how the simple act of calling my Dad on Jan 1st 2014 saved my life (after I had nearly jumped out my 5th story window the night before), he answered my call 'Hello sweetheart, I'm so happy to hear from you, how are you going' and I just broke down and told him everything... my parents joined me in England 2 days later and stayed for 3 months until I was back on track. I took on too much by going to England alone and I should've taken a break when my marriage broke down and come home for a rest... Sorry to lump this on you guys... I just needed to write it out... please anyone who reads that and is feeling bad, pick up the phone and call someone you trust... even if you just say hi! :classic_love: love you all

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

YES, Anadolu Efes is the champion of Euroleague.👌🏆🏀🥳

Is that Basketball? A sport I could never play at 4"11 haha🤣

Edited by KittyFit90
  • Agree 1

Filled out my disability management plan, monthly checkup form for work today. I was genuinely able to say 'feeling very good' to every question re workloads, support levels from colleagues etc etc This current arrangement is working wonderfully. 🙂 I am relaxed, calm and coping very well! Finally feel like I'm not pushing myself too hard, in the past I felt like with sheer effort I could function like a non autistic person, now I know I can't and that making myself try to be that was only going to ruin my health for the future.

Also helps having a high earning partner and a large inheritance lol... I guess if I actually needed money I'd have to find something else to do. But I'm so lucky that I get to do what I love and not worry about anything else.

In other news I bought a t-shirt today that has a t-rex on the front and a few lines from a children's song 'if you're happy and you know it... clap your hands.....oh wait' cos a t-rex can't clap its hands LOL🤣

Posted (edited)

Wifey away for 2 weeks in Hawaii, I've got 1 more week of teaching then marking time. Also in 3 weeks our fieldwork starts, 4 weeks (2 weeks teaching and 2 weeks working with postgrads doing my own research work) of caves and fossils! Can't wait!😁

Edited by KittyFit90
On 6/6/2021 at 11:52 AM, KittyFit90 said:

Uggh... I'm starting to hate my new haircut, my hair keeps flopping into my face and I'm constantly brushing it away, so annoying! 🙁

Just got a new haircut as well. Army would've not liked my incredibly long hair... and I didn't like it when showering let's be honest 😛

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

Just got a new haircut as well. Army would've not liked my incredibly long hair... and I didn't like it when showering let's be honest 😛

I always put my hair up in a bun when showering, only the outer layers get wet that way. When does your stint of army service start and how long for?