Jump to content Jump to content

Haha 🤪

I've done it again... have once again ended up at the beach house just as a COVID lockdown goes into effect. Don't expect it to last longer then 3-4 days though, only 1 guy has COVID and it appears he didn't wander around too much before going to the Hospital. So far no community transmitted cases reported, here's hoping the guy survives and nobody else gets sick!

• Like 1

I've been told by my boss to expect to return to work as normal monday fortnight, but to also be prepared to go to online lectures and seminars... one problem we're not allowed to go back to adelaide and I didn't bring my laptop with me so I can't do anything to get ready for online teaching... uh oh...😒

7 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

I've been told by my boss to expect to return to work as normal monday fortnight, but to also be prepared to go to online lectures and seminars... one problem we're not allowed to go back to adelaide and I didn't bring my laptop with me so I can't do anything to get ready for online teaching... uh oh...😒

Who needs teachers anyways?

-Signed by all High School students

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, UP100 said:

Who needs teachers anyways?

-Signed by all High School students

Bleh...😳 I am way better than any high school teacher thankyou very much!🤓

Good news today, only 1 new case of Covid and its from the restaurant kitchen where the original guy worked, our lockdown is unlikely to last the full 7 days at this stage. 

• Haha 1

Omg wifey and I just saw lightning hit a power line, the whole thing exploded with sparks and now there's no power here. Lucky the rain put the fire out quickly! We had gone out onto the deck to watch the hail falling and saw it, the sound was deafening too.... my poor dog is terrified.😞

21 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

Omg wifey and I just saw lightning hit a power line, the whole thing exploded with sparks and now there's no power here. Lucky the rain put the fire out quickly! We had gone out onto the deck to watch the hail falling and saw it, the sound was deafening too.... my poor dog is terrified.😞

This is like the KittyFit unlucky montage or something 😁

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, UP100 said:

This is like the KittyFit unlucky montage or something 😁

I know right... I'm on a hot streak lol. 🤣 

I'm home now, wife said that she is exempt from the no travel ban, the cops at Pt Wakefield certainly had no problem with it when she produced her ADF ID. Anyway I'm all set for teaching online now, got another week of grace... I don't do lectures in orientation week (its pointless as the students are too busy boozing to listen!)... undergrads are so lol.🤪

South Australia's lockdown is ending tonight, full eradication of the outbreak was achieved in just 7 days, well done to all my fellow south aussies!:classic_love:

Also in order for students to be able to return to campus some topics will remain as online only for the semester, having spoken to my boss today my topic will be one of those. I get nervous because of the use of masks and the risks of exposure and this could escalate to anxiety and a return of my migraine and panic attack issues. So suits me!😁 My topic this semester is 'The Theory of Evolution in the Paleontological Record' or in short "Sir Charles Darwin was, is and always will be spot on' haha 🤪

• Like 1
3 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Codemasters is now officially integrated into EA, and i suspect the forums will change into the EA forums in the near future.

Been a while! 👀

Haven't really used EA forums, wondering what they're like

• Like 1

Wifey gone this morning 😢 She's off to the staff college in Canberra, she won't be home until early december, I'm already planning the weekends and mid semester break when I will have the time to fly over for a quick visit. Hey at least I won't be woken up every morning by her big muscle car revving in the driveway🤪 Safe trip Megan :classic_love: takes 2 days to drive to Canberra from here.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, how has a week gone by without be posting some random nonsense here? 🤣 Oh thats right I've been super busy with work stuff (yes I do occasionally do some), I've been doing 4-5 hour days in the lab, processing all the fossils recovered from the field school, even though my topic is online doesn't mean I can't teach it from my office lol.

Tbh I miss my wifey and I'm lonely so I started hanging around work until my boss said if I'm going to loiter there I might as well do something useful 🤪

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

OMG, how has a week gone by without be posting some random nonsense here? 🤣 Oh thats right I've been super busy with work stuff (yes I do occasionally do some), I've been doing 4-5 hour days in the lab, processing all the fossils recovered from the field school, even though my topic is online doesn't mean I can't teach it from my office lol.

Tbh I miss my wifey and I'm lonely so I started hanging around work until my boss said if I'm going to loiter there I might as well do something useful 🤪

I'm surprised I'm not writing more useless stuff here considering that I'm sitting in front of my PC all day 😁

Though only a few weeks and I'll be figuring out how to study things... and hopefully I'm at some sort of school building as well. It would be horrific to be forced to do distance learning from the start, especially when you're learning language and linquistics. Stuff like like pronounciation become significantly harder to detect and learn when you're in the mercy of the internet, not to mention about socializing with people!

University of Helsinki is basically just buildings all around Helsinki, with four "official" campuses, so being able to study in person shouldn't be too much to ask for... especially as you can literally have everyone sit side by side in a soccer match with no masks...

• Agree 1

Talking about the football, I'm at HJK's stadium tonight watching the match

What's the current plan with university reopening at the moment? I've seen a lot of children returning to school in Helsinki this week.

• Like 1

Oohh hehe, somebody got asked to leave the lab at 6:30pm by security as they were closing things off... I totally lost track of the time. I had to get a taxi to take me home as I couldn't walk home in the dark... I can't drive yet. Got a physio appointment tomorrow, hopefully I can lose the sling and start using my left arm again. 🙂

3 hours ago, phil83 said:

Talking about the football, I'm at HJK's stadium tonight watching the match

What's the current plan with university reopening at the moment? I've seen a lot of children returning to school in Helsinki this week.

RoPS will rise again 😁

University students will always be the ones to go home first. At least some of our "getting to know the university" week will be spent sitting at Zoom meetings. I've been told that as many classes are held live as possible

I was in the bus at the wrong time and got swarmed by random students, hahah. There were hundreds of them on bus stops. I guess everyone's day ended at the same time 

8 hours ago, wooly51 said:

Corr. Nice to see the Stuff Thread still operating even after all these years.

Wow Welcome back mate haven't seen you here since after the first forum migration where everyone had to choose a new user name. The Stuff thread is still going but most of the old school members have left a long time ago.

On 8/15/2021 at 8:00 AM, couger1981 said:

Wow Welcome back mate haven't seen you here since after the first forum migration where everyone had to choose a new user name. The Stuff thread is still going but most of the old school members have left a long time ago.

Thanks man. I actually don't know what possessed me to try and sign in again. I was looking for 2021 setup tips and one of the links was here. I was like... I know that place. 

Honestly surprised I'm not banned still. Just looking at my stats, my last post was October 2016.. sheesh. I still speak to a lot of the guys from here off-site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/17/2021 at 7:47 AM, wooly51 said:

Thanks man. I actually don't know what possessed me to try and sign in again. I was looking for 2021 setup tips and one of the links was here. I was like... I know that place. 

Honestly surprised I'm not banned still. Just looking at my stats, my last post was October 2016.. sheesh. I still speak to a lot of the guys from here off-site.

Yeah some moved to reddit and i still see some on Twitter.

Yes! Wifey taking advantage of her being exempt from travel bans... she's flying home Friday night and we'll have till Sunday arvo together. I was going to visit her this coming weekend but the ACT is closed to all travel. She knows that I'm feeling a bit lonely so its kind of her to make such an effort. :classic_love:

• Like 1

Orientation week! I'm lucky to get be studying in some beautiful old buildings as the "campus" for language studies is in central Helsinki that was designed in the 1800s

• Like 1