Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

1 hour ago, KittyFit90 said:

RIP Amelie the Beagle, my companion and best buddy for nearly 18 years, passed away peacefully in her sleep April 4th 2022😢

I've been really upset for the last week, I still am. I'm crying again now, I loved her so much...I will miss her forever:classic_love:

Lost my 2 wonderful German shepherds.  Never gets easier they weren’t just dogs to me:

Im sorry for your loss❤️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

I feel so lonely at home by myself without the doggo, she was always there. I'm sad 😰

I need my wifey back at home, stupid COVID isolation!😒

Time to adopt one of the many dogs that have been dumped by their owners , Its no replacement for your sadly lost love ;  but a new companion will lighten  the load. Best wishes Regards your Uncle Bingo.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Time to adopt one of the many dogs that have been dumped by their owners , Its no replacement for your sadly lost love ;  but a new companion will lighten  the load. Best wishes Regards your Uncle Bingo.

My wife only really tolerated my dog, I don't think a new one would fly.😞

On 4/11/2022 at 12:46 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Lost my 2 wonderful German shepherds.  Never gets easier they weren’t just dogs to me:

Im sorry for your loss❤️

Thank you, at least she went peacefully, that morning she just seemed lethargic, she slept most of the day, ignored her dinner and then in the evening, she was asleep beside me on the bed, her breathing got all irregular and then stopped. She didn't even stir, just passed, it could not have been any easier for her. She had arthritis which was a little painful but manageable and her heart was wearing out (which is what I think went at the end), so she had quality of life all the way to the end which I am so grateful for. 18 for a Beagle is around 95 for a human, so she had a good run. Miss her so badly😪

Edited by KittyFit90
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, couger1981 said:

It's been revealed Codemasters has setup a new forum over at EA.com and been there for awhile by the sounds of it. Guess this place will die a slow death.

Slow death is probably it. F1 games are moving over, but this will still exist for some more time

I wonder if EA Answers has a place we can migrate to if this one goes...

• Like 1

Codemasters will be adding re directs in their F1 forum for us to go over, also they said this forum won't close as Dirt Rally is still here. But it's only a matter of time until EA brings out the next Dirt game and this forum will close or die.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A big black very noisy Mustang pulled into my drive yesterday evening!!! Never knew I'd be so glad to hear that big vulgar american car!!!😁 Wifey's squadron are out of isolation and she wanted to surprise me so didn't tell me haha. Its been a long time since we've had more contact than have a coffee and a talk to each other from across a park bench on base. :classic_love:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, couger1981 said:

Codemasters will be adding re directs in their F1 forum for us to go over, also they said this forum won't close as Dirt Rally is still here. But it's only a matter of time until EA brings out the next Dirt game and this forum will close or die.

tbh I don' tcome her tha tmuch anymoe rand right now I'm not really thinking about F1 22 as I've got other games tha taer catching my eye anyway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, couger1981 said:

Looks like Codemasters is getting ready to close the forum, they have removed our stats that used to be above the post count.

There is a chance that things are just breaking with updates, but will see

I can look into getting a continuation of The Stuff Thread to the EA answers HQ. Not like we have had too much activity in here, but I think it's worth it to keep even in a very inactive format...

The CM forums have had the problem of the off-topic subforum really being a wild west, so it's not like we have had too many new people joining in

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, KittyFit90 said:

I've made an account on EA, feel a bit sick after though...ugh. I hate that company😒

As Joker from Mass Effect might say "They're not all bad saved your life let me fly" 😛 

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, couger1981 said:

It's been confirmed the forum will disappear early July. 😔

That's a shame, had some good laughs with you folks over the past 11 years. I still have a good few folks from here on Twitter (on which you can find me @noiceinmydrink) fortunately.

Ah well, nothing on the internet is forever and I suppose it's appropriate that like the various other Codemasters forums over the years, this one will be resigned to the dustbins of digital has-beens.

hat-tip-leave.gif

So long folks, and thanks for all the fish.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2022 at 2:37 AM, Mexicola said:

That's a shame, had some good laughs with you folks over the past 11 years. I still have a good few folks from here on Twitter (on which you can find me @noiceinmydrink) fortunately.

Ah well, nothing on the internet is forever and I suppose it's appropriate that like the various other Codemasters forums over the years, this one will be resigned to the dustbins of digital has-beens.

hat-tip-leave.gif

So long folks, and thanks for all the fish.

It has been a ride Mex, once most of the other old school members left it hasn't really been the same. Some went to Reddit and others to Twitter but don't see them post much now these days.

Edited by couger1981

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, couger1981 said:

It has been a ride Mex, once most of the other old school members left it hasn't really been the same. Some went to Reddit and others to Twitter but don't see them post much now these days.

Yeah I don' treally visit this place much any moer I spend most of my time on https://bsn.boards.net/ talkiing about games these days. Mostly because a lo tof peopl ewho play the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games are here. There are ki8nd o fplaces like game threads for non Bioware games as well like Assassins Creed. Since Codies became an EA studio this was always likely to happen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1