Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

I have managed to pass 100 'LOL's on the new forum. I want to thank everyone who has supported me over the last three months, your support has been amazing. Also to my family, who have always believed in me, I'm sure they're very proud right now, and of course my team, their sponsors, my sponsors, my manager. This is one of the greatest moments of my life and I'm on a massive high at the moment, so I'm gonna try and take each week on its own and that work will hopefully pay off at the end of the season. 

As far as I remember, he asked her out more than a year ago. She said no :p

And the 30 times since then  :'(

You better change your Fb status, to prove it!

Nah, it's gonna be our little secret :)

@RevolvingPrawn yaa, I even plan on writing a book in future.

@onetwothree I am boarding a flight to Australia to spear you to hell -_-

Just thought I'd tell you about my karting afternoon/evening yesterday at Rogue Racing!

It was great, there were 18 of us there and they split us up into 3 groups of 6. Each track session was 15 minutes long and the groups alternated so I ended up getting about 7 sessions, so an hour and a half of karting. They also got in about 5 massive pizzas which was awesome :p 

The track is fantastic, the karts are so fast too and you really don't have much time to rest! As soon as you're onto the long top straight after a long right hander, you've got to think about braking, and then there's to immediate hairpins before a lower straight before a fast left hander which gets tighter and then a sharp final corner. 

I was pretty pleased as I was usually in the top 5 in terms of lap times and I kept it pretty tidy and consistent the whole time, and didn't have too many issues. However, on one occasion I took too much speed into the fast left hander after the lower straight and went straight into the wall and the guy behind me had nothing they could do to stop themselves, so it was two pretty big whacks there. I went with three friends, one of whom also came along with his elder brother, and it was his first time karting. He was one of the dirtiest drivers I've seen, and he admitted he forced people into the wall! I was sitting behind my other mate who got along side him, and he just drove him into the side wall causing a pretty big crash, and he nearly did the same to me a couple of times. And the other mate will stop at nothing to get past. He would go for ridiculous moves that were never there and he hit me round at least 3 times. Not good.

But anyway, I've always had a lot of respect for racing drivers, but after yesterday I have so much more now. We were doing 15 minute sessions with 30 minute breaks between them, meaning rest, fresh air, lots of water, etc. but by the end of it I was really knackered. I had a headache from the various bumps on the track, and I've woken up today with pain on the inside of my knees (where they were banging on the steering column), my hips, my upper back, and some aching on my neck too. 

F1 drivers go for an hour and 45 minutes straight, at over 100mph for pretty much the entire time, with one litre of water (if that) and at the end they have to do various interviews before they can relax properly! Incredible people

Sounds wicked! I've always wanted to try my hand out at karting but I've no one to go with and it's a bit too much money to waste on if I'm going alone. Hopefully I'll get a chance sometime soon.

Something I have to try in my lifetime, though, is this: http://www.rsrspa.com/rentals/

Can't beat a bit of karting! Only thing that's annoying is how effective the weight to power ratio is. Luckily I'm smallish, but when you get kids racing its pretty damn annoying as they sail past on the straights. Outdoor karting is awesome on a hot day, or a damp day, mega fun

Can't beat a bit of karting! Only thing that's annoying is how effective the weight to power ratio is. Luckily I'm smallish, but when you get kids racing its pretty damn annoying as they sail past on the straights. Outdoor karting is awesome on a hot day, or a damp day, mega fun

Yeah that's pretty good for me. I'm pretty light compared to my mates and the older guys so on the straights I was able to easily get alongside them and overtake them into the corners. 

Yeah that's pretty good for me. I'm pretty light compared to my mates and the older guys so on the straights I was able to easily get alongside them and overtake them into the corners. 

I went karting with a mate a couple of weeks ago to a track we'd never been to before. When we got off the guy there looked at my friends fastest time . He said it was very good for his first time there. It turned out I had gone one hundredth of a second faster. The satisfaction.  :D