Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Hughesy said:

People mocked it (people that haven't tried it) but having my Sky box plugged into the X1 is great imo. I'm always watching TV while I play games so having them both on the same screen is pretty cool. I use headphones (Astro a50) so the only way I can here the TV normally is if I put them around my neck, but with the snap feature I can here both and adjust the sound for each. 

Can't newer Smart Tv's do the picture in picture thing anyway? 

Hughesy said:

People mocked it (people that haven't tried it) but having my Sky box plugged into the X1 is great imo. I'm always watching TV while I play games so having them both on the same screen is pretty cool. I use headphones (Astro a50) so the only way I can here the TV normally is if I put them around my neck, but with the snap feature I can here both and adjust the sound for each. 

Uh , how is it possible to watch and hear 2 things at one time.

Because you can mix the sound, have TV quiet and game louder and works great especially using headphones. You don't look at them both at the same time, during loading or when having a break. I've always done it, I especially have SkySports News on while gaming or news channels. Like I said until you've tried it you can't really see how good it works. My TV has pip but you can't do it with hdmi (Atleast on my TV) only works if you use the built in freeview.

Hughesy said:

just been reading about stutter for those that use the Sky box with the Xbox not entirely suer I'll have mine wired  up that way yet as I'll need to give it some thought and discuss how to make this work with my mum first because I would need her help to make it happen.  I'm thinking I'll have to rearrange my desk area anyway to make room for it so will need her help on this project. I've got a couple of little things so will wait for those first before getting it I think. I'm thinking about putting my TV on a wall bracket and having the console underneath where my TV is currently sitting but until I've given it some thought I don't know.

Hughesy said:

just been reading about stutter for those that use the Sky box with the Xbox not entirely suer I'll have mine wired  up that way yet as I'll need to give it some thought and discuss how to make this work with my mum first because I would need her help to make it happen.  I'm thinking I'll have to rearrange my desk area anyway to make room for it so will need her help on this project. I've got a couple of little things so will wait for those first before getting it I think. I'm thinking about putting my TV on a wall bracket and having the console underneath where my TV is currently sitting but until I've given it some thought I don't know.

It doesn't stutter with my Sky+ HD box, it didn't work with the hdmi cable that came with the Sky box though. It seems if you use a hdmi 1.4 cable then it's fine, no stutter or anything. It's just a choice though for whatever suits you, for me it's perfect but won't be everybody's cup of tea. 

Hughesy said:

Hughesy said:

It doesn't stutter with my Sky+ HD box, it didn't work with the hdmi cable that came with the Sky box though. It seems if you use a hdmi 1.4 cable then it's fine, no stutter or anything. It's just a choice though for whatever suits you, for me it's perfect but won't be everybody's cup of tea. 

MS must have fixed the problem thenbut I'm looking forward to getting hold of mine when I do.

Hughesy said:

Yea it could, I'm just a bit OCD with keeping my car looking good. It's less than 2 years old so really stands out. At least it's on the passenger side so I don't have to look at it when I get in the car. 

And he just drove off ? What a ... I won't say it because the last time I got banned for swearing when I didn't even swear.  :p

DONE DEAL

Belgian forward Gianni Bruno has made move to French side Evian.

The 22-year-old leaves for a reported l'eau transfer fee which is apparently a mere drop in the ocean with Evian having already signed five players this summer.

The former Bastia man will have a spring in his step after moving and I suspect will try to find some sparkling form for his new club.

Don't listen to the rumours he was tapped up, our mountain source tells us it was all legit.

How are these puns for you by the way? Does it feel like I'm trying to faucet?

The question for Bruno is though; does he have the minerals to impress at Evian?

*Ok, I'm done now.