Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

One thing I did notice - Codies didn't make the formation lap mistake that they did last year :p

Good spot @afrodude41‌, how are they gonna get around the team name though?

What ?

What what?

The bold writing . What do you mean by that ?  :p

In last year's trailer, they showed a race starting - but instead of the 5 red lights going out, it started simply with the lights going green. Everyone presumed it was a formation lap because afterwards it appeared to show the cars forming up on the grid too.

I can't help but feel extremely let down by this. I bought an X1 expecting to be able to play F1 2014 with the guys in my league, but of course CM have made a ridiculous decision again. What happened to Grid Autosport being their last game for the 360 and PS3? 

I'm guessing that the 2015 version will be released around April/May, which means I won't be league racing between September and then. 7/8 months. Thanks CM, this is just absolutely retarded.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

One thing I did notice - Codies didn't make the formation lap mistake that they did last year :p

Good spot @afrodude41‌, how are they gonna get around the team name though?

What ?

What what?

The bold writing . What do you mean by that ?  :p

In last year's trailer, they showed a race starting - but instead of the 5 red lights going out, it started simply with the lights going green. Everyone presumed it was a formation lap because afterwards it appeared to show the cars forming up on the grid too.

Oh yeah. I remember that now. 

CM never guaranteed anyone next gen F1 2014. And everyone's been complaining about how late in the season the F1 games are , and this was the best way to do it. 

The new consoles will have been out for nearly 11 months by the time F1 2014 is released, yet it won't be on them. I wholeheartedly agree with @Mexicola, that it's retarded. 

CM never guaranteed anyone next gen F1 2014. And everyone's been complaining about how late in the season the F1 games are , and this was the best way to do it. 

The new consoles will have been out for nearly 11 months by the time F1 2014 is released, yet it won't be on them. I wholeheartedly agree with @Mexicola, that it's retarded. 

So you'd rather they released a half finished version ? I'd much rather have F1 2015 early on in the season than have a half finished F1 2014 game rushed onto next gen.

Well other companies seem to do just fine releasing next gen titles. Fifa is much better on the ps4 than last gen. Even releasing F1 with similar graphics to the pc and running at 60fps would've been better than nothing. They could've just used the PC version as it looks amazing compared to the 360/ps3 versions so would've been a big step up for console gamers.

So you'd rather they released a half finished version ? I'd much rather have F1 2015 early on in the season than have a half finished F1 2014 game rushed onto next gen.

Why would it be half finished? they have had 11 months to work on it for XB1/PS4.

How would it be half finished? Developers can get consoles AGES before release, games that are released with months of the consoles' release aren't made during that period of time.

Besides, "half finished" is exactly what F1 2015 sounds like because they've either developed it with 2014 simultaneously, which I shouldn't even need to explain isn't smart and will mean 2014 will be a half assed game as well. Or, they're developing it after the game is finished therefore not giving them enough time to produce a quality game and a sequel worthy of buying.

These people have NO IDEA what they're doing! 

Hughesy said:

Well other companies seem to do just fine releasing next gen titles. Fifa is much better on the ps4 than last gen. Even releasing F1 with similar graphics to the pc and running at 60fps would've been better than nothing. They could've just used the PC version as it looks amazing compared to the 360/ps3 versions so would've been a big step up for console gamers.

Then people would still be complaining that all they've done is improved graphics. I want a properly finished F1 game when I jump to next gen consoles. and it's also a massive plus for me that they're releasing it earlier in the season. You also have Project Cars to play before F1 2014 comes out .

You mean like F1 2013? 11 months is usually the amount of time they have for each game at the moment, and seeing as the X1 and PS4 are supposed to be easier to code for...

My point is, I'd rather have an F1 game on 'next-gen' so that I can keep league racing, because now I'm extremely unlikely to be racing for god knows how many months it takes them to release 2015.

Mexicola said:

How would it be half finished? Developers can get consoles AGES before release, games that are released with months of the consoles' release aren't made during that period of time.

Besides, "half finished" is exactly what F1 2015 sounds like because they've either developed it with 2014 simultaneously, which I shouldn't even need to explain isn't smart and will mean 2014 will be a half assed game as well. Or, they're developing it after the game is finished therefore not giving them enough time to produce a quality game and a sequel worthy of buying.

These people have NO IDEA what they're doing! 

Regarding the 2015 early release seems they want to get the game out quick and release live updates if theres a bug lol, not great move from a developer.

The annoying thing is that it probably won't be quick. I don't see them releasing 2015 to coincide with the start of the season, it's more likely to be sometime after April. For me that's just too far off. I'm honestly sick of CM now, they seem to have lost touch with what gamers actually want!

You know, normally I wouldn't care because it's a game and the world isn't going to end if it crap, but I can't help but feel slightly annoyed at this debacle.

My first post back in November 2011 was about how I thought Codies did a great job with that year's game. I remember that race in Malaysia very well, battling over 10th with Kobayashi towards the end of the race, lap after lap.

I kinda miss that feeling.

The annoying thing is that it probably won't be quick. I don't see them releasing 2015 to coincide with the start of the season, it's more likely to be sometime after April. For me that's just too far off. I'm honestly sick of CM now, they seem to have lost touch with what gamers actually want!

Think back in the vBulletin days some of the staff mods said that since the new management took over all they are worried about is money and wanting to get the games out sooner. So its all about money for them but that pretty much sums up every developer.

Unless I can find it for around 20-25 quid somewhere like last year I probably won't buy it; i'm basically waiting for Gaiki to launch and have old Battlefield games available if it ever is, before I completely commit to a PS4. I knew the 2015 part would **** people off, but if they're waiting to release the game then that can only be good in my eyes as they're not rushing it out and releasing a buggy game again; The next gen version will be their flagship game so they need to go it right. 

Depending on how good PCars is on console, they'll be releasing when the hype for that is/has died down, and October-December has far too many A+++ titles coming out to compete with. 

Just wish the bells like Tourgett would eff off if they have no interest in the buying the game, but all they'll do is stick around and slag it off. Prick. 

Hughesy said:

Then people would still be complaining that all they've done is improved graphics. I want a properly finished F1 game when I jump to next gen consoles. and it's also a massive plus for me that they're releasing it earlier in the season. You also have Project Cars to play before F1 2014 comes out .

You do know a lot of people sold last gen consoles when buying the new ones? People don't want to go back and forth between old and new. Also like I said if they put the PC version on next gen at 60fps it would look/feel completely different to what they've been used to.  Games like Last of Us are being released on ps4 with only slightly better visual but at 60fps instead of 30 and that's going to sell pretty well. 

Also I'm not sure if you've noticed this but there's a serious lack of racing titles on next gen.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

You do know a lot of people sold last gen consoles when buying the new ones? People don't want to go back and forth between old and new. Also like I said if they put the PC version on next gen at 60fps it would look/feel completely different to what they've been used to.  Games like Last of Us are being released on ps4 with only slightly better visual but at 60fps instead of 30 and that's going to sell pretty well. 

This and this.

I sold my 360 expecting gaming companies would be eager to use the latest and greatest hardware, I wasn't expecting to have to wait half a year or more extra for an F1 game.

It sure would. Playing F1 2013 with maxed out graphics at 70-80fps is such a huge difference to playing it on the 360. On the PC version I can see so many more details and it doesn't strain my eyes, and when I turn my wheel or controller stick it responds instantly. 
F1 2013 on the 360... There's a noticeable lag between what I do on my controller and how quickly the game responds. It's hard on the eyes to spot who's in the distance ahead of you with all the jaggy lines and jerky frames. 

The main thing that annoys me though, I practice for league races on the PC version, transfer my setup over to the 360 version on the night and my times instantly drop by about 1.5s. Mainly due to controller lag and the frames being so choppy it's harder to judge braking distances than it is on the silky smooth PC version.