Jump to content Jump to content

Kinda wish the game had come out on PS4 so I could watch the rage when those who have a wheel discover it doesn't work on the PS4.......

And blame Codemasters.....

What is the situation with wheels? Does neither the PS4 or XB1 have any supported wheels?

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Well other companies seem to do just fine releasing next gen titles. Fifa is much better on the ps4 than last gen. Even releasing F1 with similar graphics to the pc and running at 60fps would've been better than nothing. They could've just used the PC version as it looks amazing compared to the 360/ps3 versions so would've been a big step up for console gamers.

Then people would still be complaining that all they've done is improved graphics. I want a properly finished F1 game when I jump to next gen consoles. and it's also a massive plus for me that they're releasing it earlier in the season. You also have Project Cars to play before F1 2014 comes out .

You do know a lot of people sold last gen consoles when buying the new ones? People don't want to go back and forth between old and new. Also like I said if they put the PC version on next gen at 60fps it would look/feel completely different to what they've been used to.  Games like Last of Us are being released on ps4 with only slightly better visual but at 60fps instead of 30 and that's going to sell pretty well. 

Also I'm not sure if you've noticed this but there's a serious lack of racing titles on next gen.

there's still a bit of a lack of everything at the moment though but it's still pretty early in the cycle yet. TBH I'm not that bothered that it's not on next gen yet. I'd rather it be done right than rushed especially after 2013. It looks like they've learnt their lesson given they've said they redone the difficulty settings. Before I decide whether to buy though I want more info on the career mode refinements that have been mentioned.

But the game is coming out on Next Gen, so all you're complaints are a bit pointless tbh. I'd rather wait to have a game that's more polished after a few months, than a game that's just a reskin with the same gameplay wise. Think of how many more people would complain if it was the same game as on the PS3/360 only with better graphics, there would be a meltdown. 

The only way EA get away with with FIFA is because football's the most popular sport on the planet so people will buy it regardless, F1 can't afford to do that. 

Plus if next gen 2014 has 2015 cars in it as well throught he updates, could that not mean that in a few years we'd have a career mode where the car's and drivers actually switch around from season to season as it is irl. 

EdMa said:

But the game is coming out on Next Gen, so all you're complaints are a bit pointless tbh. I'd rather wait to have a game that's more polished after a few months, than a game that's just a reskin with the same gameplay wise. Think of how many more people would complain if it was the same game as on the PS3/360 only with better graphics, there would be a meltdown. 

The only way EA get away with with FIFA is because football's the most popular sport on the planet so people will buy it regardless, F1 can't afford to do that. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to know that there is a next gen F1 game coming, and that it'll be released earlier in the season. I'm just disappointed that we have to wait probably more than half a year to get it, and that I'm essentially gonna have to quit league racing until it's released.

It feels as though CM have let me down with this move. I've bought every F1 game they've released (minus F1 2009) but F1 2014 will be the first not to grace my gaming shelf.

EdMa said:

Plus if next gen 2014 has 2015 cars in it as well throught he updates, could that not mean that in a few years we'd have a career mode where the car's and drivers actually switch around from season to season as it is irl. 

No, because the next gen game will be F1 2015 rather than 2014.

At least that was the impression I got.

fIsince08 said:
EdMa said:

No, because the next gen game will be F1 2015 rather than 2014.

At least that was the impression I got.

Correct F1 2015 is the XB1/PS4 game

EdMa said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to know that there is a next gen F1 game coming, and that it'll be released earlier in the season. I'm just disappointed that we have to wait probably more than half a year to get it, and that I'm essentially gonna have to quit league racing until it's released.

It feels as though CM have let me down with this move. I've bought every F1 game they've released (minus F1 2009) but F1 2014 will be the first not to grace my gaming shelf.

It's quite possible that CM have tried to do 2014 for next gen hence the delay in info but then had to pull out. I don't know this is just more speculation mind you but maybe they just can't get all the pieces together in time for a 2014 release. I'm still on the fence as to whether to get it or not. Not so much on the difficulties but with regards to career mode what refinements have been brought in what have they changed? That kind of thing they've got me intrigued but I need more.

The impression I got is that we'll be getting 2015 early and the weekly updates thing would be more like after every Grand Prix, adding in bug fixes and patches along with which driver is doing well, which car may have improved, and other changes like drivers helmet changes etc.

The impression I got is that we'll be getting 2015 early and the weekly updates thing would be more like after every Grand Prix, adding in bug fixes and patches along with which driver is doing well, which car may have improved, and other changes like drivers helmet changes etc.

agreed I think that the new consoles are more internet dependent now anyway so it does make it easier for games companies to adjust things and update games on the fly. Which I think is why CM may be able to get away with an earlier than normal release for 2015 and other future releases too possibly. This is the main reason why I'm making sure I have a solution in place for when I get my XB1 so I can take advantage of it. I'm in the process right now of making sure I have the bits I need to make it work before I get the console itself. Although I'm hoping it won't take me too long to get them.

Ok, I've decided I'll probably buy the game as I'm fed up of the tyre wear on 2013, won't be getting a PS4 any time soon and want the new regulation cars. I just hope some of my wishlist (which I've posted many times before) get added on.

mike96 said:

So someone's going to light Rohan's torch? ;)

Also didn't we have an off-topic F1 2013 game discussion at the previous forum? I think it's time to have one here as well.

Can anyone please explain to me for what reason is my name on that door or whatever the hell that is ?

Not much bothered about F1 2014 unless the changes are big. Not much bothered about gameplay as I found 2012's gameplay to be quite polished but I am curios to know what changes have been made to career mode. If the changes are quite significant then I will buy it else I will wait for 2015.

fIsince08 said:

Ok, I've decided I'll probably buy the game as I'm fed up of the tyre wear on 2013, won't be getting a PS4 any time soon and want the new regulation cars. I just hope some of my wishlist (which I've posted many times before) get added on.

Leaning toward getting it myself now. I want moer info on the career mode alterations first though before I fully commit especially as I'm about to splash out on my next gen system soon. So I need to think about where my money goes before I spend it.

Discussions regarding F1 2014 and 2015 both titles having been announced earlier today. 2014 is current gen while 2015 will be next gen/PC which will be released around April/May next year and will be getting real time updates during the course of the season.

:)

Ron666 said:

Discussions regarding F1 2014 and 2015 both titles having been announced earlier today. 2014 is current gen while 2015 will be next gen/PC which will be released around April/May next year and will be getting real time updates during the course of the season.

:)

No one said April/May to be honest, CM only said "earlier".

Kinda wish the game had come out on PS4 so I could watch the rage when those who have a wheel discover it doesn't work on the PS4.......

And blame Codemasters.....

What is the situation with wheels? Does neither the PS4 or XB1 have any supported wheels?

PS4 supports Thrustmaster wheels only I think. Don't know about the Xbox.

• UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic