Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

Herby007 said:
A.) Yes, great bit of kit and is ridiculously underpriced for the amount of time/enjoyment I've gotten from it.
B.) Initially used mostly for Netflix, but expanded out to use for YouTube, streaming downloaded stuff from my tablet to ChromeCast, sharing photos and if the G/F and web pages. Also, when I come home from work, I disconnect my headphones and cast my Music onto the TV. What's great is if you have a HDMI port that supports it, your TV will turn on and go to the correct HDMI channel. Awesome.
C.) Only use with Chromebook, Computer and Android Table/Phones.
Thanks Herby! Yeah I think it does look very good for its price. I might save up some more and buy one! 

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:

Probably will happen tbh, anything to stop the peasants from communicating for free.
Just hope that dick doesn't get re elected, he wants this country to be like China by the sounds of it. 
The Tories are communist???
Not just that,  they're *****  ;) Can't stand him and his massive shiny forehead

Thing with stories like that, it paints everyone who's on benefits in a bad light. Most people who are on them aren't like that, and certainly aren't proud  of it but have no other option. I think it's one of the things that make this country great by helping people that need it, sadly a few will always abuse the system.

Hughesy said:
Thing with stories like that, it paints everyone who's on benefits in a bad light. Most people who are on them aren't like that, and certainly aren't proud  of it but have no other option. I think it's one of the things that make this country great by helping people that need it, sadly a few will always abuse the system.
I have absolutely no problem with people using benefits, but the people who abuse it like them can do one. There's people out there working their backside off and not getting near 34k yet somebody who decides to be fat gets absolutely loaded

Hughesy said:
I have absolutely no problem with people using benefits, but the people who abuse it like them can do one. There's people out there working their backside off and not getting near 34k yet somebody who decides to be fat gets absolutely loaded
Time to start eating chips every day, cola for every drink, and 6 doughnuts between meals I think. 34k would be a nice pay rise.

I agree with you Jordie, it's stupid how people can sit on their arse all day doing nothing, out of their own choice, and get loads from benefits and then there's people who work jolly hard and yeah, no way near the same amount of money.

Just to be clear, I don't think you should be allowed on benefits just for being fat. Genuine medical conditions yes ;) My point was stories like that make the whole country be horrible to anyone who are on them, when in reality only a few are like that. Programs like benefit street don't help with the stigma attached to being on them, and the abuse people get.

A mate was on them as he could no longer work as he had a brain tumour, and he got some awful abuse from some people. Sadly he died, but the benefits helped him have some sort of quality of life when he could no longer work. That's why I have a strong opinion about it and the way the media reports it. You never see a story about someone who really needed them, only ones that show benefits in a bad light...

Hughesy said:
Just to be clear, I don't think you should be allowed on benefits just for being fat. Genuine medical conditions yes ;) 

Thats how it should be, but it seems that people who have a genuine medical condition don't seem to get the right funding or help from the government or whoever. 

Just one of those things that grinds my gears lol

Hughesy said:
Agreed I'm on benefits but if I could work and do other stuff I would. But with my disability and everything I don't have much choice. Still I have my little computer setup and gamers and such and they serve me well and keep me occupied 

The benefits system in this country is messed up. My Dad worked for 50 years and is now retired, yet can't even claim the state pension and only gets child tax credits and child benefit. My Mam worked up until 2010 when she was made redundant. She's never found a job yet but still can't claim anything.

Neither of my parents work, yet because they worked for so long and saved up they cant' claim anything.

fIsince08 said:

The benefits system in this country is messed up. My Dad worked for 50 years and is now retired, yet can't even claim the state pension and only gets child tax credits and child benefit. My Mam worked up until 2010 when she was made redundant. She's never found a job yet but still can't claim anything.

Neither of my parents work, yet because they worked for so long and saved up they cant' claim anything.

yeah it should be there for those that need it not those that abuse it. Unfortunately though there will  always be people that will.

Waiting for the crushing disappointment when I'm not selected to become a moderator. :# Not sure why I want to become one so badly, think its because I have so much free time now, so I could at least feel like I'm doing something productive with the free time.

Hughesy said:
Waiting for the crushing disappointment when I'm not selected to become a moderator. :# Not sure why I want to become one so badly, think its because I have so much free time now, so I could at least feel like I'm doing something productive with the free time.
I'm not bothered personally one way or the other really whether I'm selected. But like you I do have plenty of time to spare if needed if I am then I'll accept. As this place will certainly need them especially now that @Loore is leaving CM. The other 2 mods @justbiglee and @Hatta are staying around though I believe. My only concern really is that Hatta doesn't seem to put in as much time as he should sometimes on the forum unlike his fellow community managers.

Hughesy said:
I'm not bothered personally one way or the other really whether I'm selected. But like you I do have plenty of time to spare if needed if I am then I'll accept. As this place will certainly need them especially now that @Loore is leaving CM. The other 2 mods @justbiglee and @Hatta are staying around though I believe. My only concern really is that Hatta doesn't seem to put in as much time as he should sometimes on the forum unlike his fellow community managers.
Seems like a lot of people are leaving Codemasters..... :#  

I found out yesterday, that a colleague of my Mum's daughter, having failed half of her GCSE's (UK exams at age 16) and dropped out of AS levels (age 17 equivalent) twice, is now pregnant, and has been given a large apartment (larger even, than here mum's, who is a part time technician in a hospital and struggling with here own mortgage payments) and stacks of money, for her and her boyfriend, neither of who have a job. Now she's talking about dropping out again, despite the baby not being due until late July.

Meanwhile I'm paying £9,000 to work my *** off, to laden myself with a debt, to which I'm statistically unlikely to ever be able to pay off...

Honestly, what the **** England?

So by that then, you're calling @fIsince08‌ and @Tommig1995‌ liars, as those are the only ones that have told "stories" on this subject apart from my post at the top of the page..... :p
Doesn't really matter, just didn't really like the way you put it if it wasn't to have a dig at someone.

Never called them liars. I just find it amusing that when discussions of this nature occur (I mean in general, not here) people tend to bring up stories from friends, or friends of friends, or friends of friend's brother's daughter's cousin. While the stories may be true, and may even be 100% correct, its strange how opinions are always formed on these anecdotal tales rather than actual research.

But all this came from a tabloid and we all know how accurate they are!

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Seems like a lot of people are leaving Codemasters..... :#  
indeed but it is worrying for CM's future though I'm sure. They definitely need to sort themselves out. I hope they do because despite their small size they make some pretty good games .

Lol, sorry guys but they all suck :p 

Anyway, what it was about (and no Mike, I'm not writing a book lol) was this: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/teenager-serious-condition-hospital-after-4999108

My best friend saved the kids life! He went out for a fag just as the guy who stabbed the teenager ran past his door, then the kid stumbled round the corner, saw my friend and said "Help me, I've been stabbed". Apparently he thought he was joking at first till he noticed the blood trail the kid was leaving, so he pulled him inside his building and put pressure on 2 deep knife wounds and got covered in the kids bloods himself whilst his girlfriend dialled 999. 

He was up until 5am after that giving his statement to the cops, mainly because he'd talked to the kid, asked him who did it etc. (just in case he didn't pull through) and the cops wanted to know everything. When they were about to let him go home, the cops told him the kid was gonna live, but if he hadn't been there, having his fag, there's a good chance no one would have found him until it was too late and the kid had bled out. He called my friend a hero :) 

When he rang me to tell me what had happened, he said "I'm a bit annoyed, I got these sweet Levi's only a month ago and now they're covered in blood ffs" lol.

So yea, basically my plan is to get a tshirt made with a superhero name and logo for him printed on it :)

Lol, sorry guys but they all suck :p 

Anyway, what it was about (and no Mike, I'm not writing a book lol) was this: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/teenager-serious-condition-hospital-after-4999108

My best friend saved the kids life! He went out for a fag just as the guy who stabbed the teenager ran past his door, then the kid stumbled round the corner, saw my friend and said "Help me, I've been stabbed". Apparently he thought he was joking at first till he noticed the blood trail the kid was leaving, so he pulled him inside his building and put pressure on 2 deep knife wounds and got covered in the kids bloods himself whilst his girlfriend dialled 999. 

He was up until 5am after that giving his statement to the cops, mainly because he'd talked to the kid, asked him who did it etc. (just in case he didn't pull through) and the cops wanted to know everything. When they were about to let him go home, the cops told him the kid was gonna live, but if he hadn't been there, having his fag, there's a good chance no one would have found him until it was too late and the kid had bled out. He called my friend a hero :) 

When he rang me to tell me what had happened, he said "I'm a bit annoyed, I got these sweet Levi's only a month ago and now they're covered in blood ffs" lol.

So yea, basically my plan is to get a tshirt made with a superhero name and logo for him printed on it :)
See smoking is good for you o:)
Great idea btw, and Obvoiusly what a top bloke your mate is :)

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was featured