Jump to content Jump to content

The Stuff Thread

Ron666

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
If you enjoy being wrong then you'll say American Football is rubbish......
How can it be called football when it's played with your hands?
How can Sunderland be called a football team?

Remind me which league Ipswich is in? ;)
Remind me how you done away to Southampton? Was it a 1-1 draw or was that us?

Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
How can Sunderland be called a football team?

Remind me which league Ipswich is in? ;)
Remind me how you done away to Southampton? Was it a 1-1 draw or was that us?
You win :(

fIsince08 said:
"American Football is called Football because of its origin. Its like soccer, can be traced back torugby football where you use your feet to kick a ball at a goal or successfully carry a ball over a goal line. Over time, some rules were changed such as the concept of line of scrimmage and of four downs and a certain distance required to get more downs and, of course, the forward pass. In earlier times,football had virtually no rules. If you wish, you can trace its ancestry back to the 1600's."

Float your boat? ;)

fIsince08 said:
"American Football is called Football because of its origin. Its like soccer, can be traced back torugby football where you use your feet to kick a ball at a goal or successfully carry a ball over a goal line. Over time, some rules were changed such as the concept of line of scrimmage and of four downs and a certain distance required to get more downs and, of course, the forward pass. In earlier times,football had virtually no rules. If you wish, you can trace its ancestry back to the 1600's."

Float your boat? ;)
It just gives the "Dumb American" stereotype more fuel for the fire. The only nation on earth that calls a sport played with feet Soccer and one with the hands football. 

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:

Float your boat? ;)
It just gives the "Dumb American" stereotype more fuel for the fire. The only nation on earth that calls a sport played with feet Soccer and one with the hands football. 
Ah, why's England's governing body for Rugby called the Rugby Football Union? 

Football or soccer came to the states after American Football did, so they called it soccer. 

Also, way back in the 1800's when american football started, the rules were different and a lot more football like. Almost like football and rugby combined

I fear for the future of children, since I just got a uni offer for teaching secondary education! :)
I see your offer for teaching and raise you an offer for paramedicine. 
So now not only are the future generation going to be dumb, they'll also be dead?
Well if they're stupid enough to get into a situation where they're close to death, then yeah.

I fear for the future of children, since I just got a uni offer for teaching secondary education! :)
So now not only are the future generation going to be dumb, they'll also be dead?
Well if they're stupid enough to get into a situation where they're close to death, then yeah.
I suppose it could happen looks like I'll be staying away from Aus then :p

I suppose it could happen looks like I'll be staying away from Aus then :p
That's the problem with Australia. You put a shoe on and you're close to death.

Yep but not for Long, 4 points in two game is a huge improvement, and actually scoring goals. I'm sure there's a thread for this o:)
He does love watching football on TV though, I sure make a video of it soon as it's pretty funny.

Edit: Just ate a fortune cookie that said "a long term goal will soon be achieved" Maybe it's a sign that I'm going to be chosen to be a moderator...... o:) lol

Is that honestly the first thing that came to your mind when it said about a long term goal?!
Lol pretty much, as I have no long term goals, there's no point with my condition as every day is different for me. :p The only goal I had was to do something productive with my spare time now I only work half the hours I once could o:)

@mike96‌ Lol thanks, I'm not going to talk about my love life on here though. The only funny thing I have to say on that subject, is my "now ex" snapping my Football manager disc, not knowing that I didn't actually need it to play FM. B)

I was gonna post this the other day but forgot, so I'll do it now!

So you probably know there's been applications for moderators on the forums and I applied. Well the other day I went into my Email and I saw this preview come up in my inbox!

At this point I was thinking 'hmm, I wonder if that could be anything to do with the new moderator applications, maybe they've promoted me to...'.

I then tapped on the Email to view the full message and it read:

TEAM PRINCIPAL! AWESOME!

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was featured