Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:

Well done mate and happy birthday! When you pass your test (which I'm sure you will) it's the best feeling ever imo.  ;)

Thanks a lot! I really can't wait to start driving alone haha

RevolvingPrawn said:

That's amazing Matt :D Glad you've had a fantastic birthday dude, think I speak for most members here in saying we're really happy for you :)

Thanks again, that's very nice of you to say haha

Sounds like your a quick learner, but I'm sure it helps when you're instructor is positive. The main one I had was great, but the first one I had seemed as though he'd rather hang him himself than do another lesson, which doesn't help when it's your first time properly driving. 

EdMa said:
Sounds like your a quick learner, but I'm sure it helps when you're instructor is positive. The main one I had was great, but the first one I had seemed as though he'd rather hang him himself than do another lesson, which doesn't help when it's your first time properly driving. 

Similar for me. My first instructor was a class A arse, he was very aggressive and whenever I did something slightly wrong he would shout and swear at me... It actually put me off driving for a year! Then we managed to find the number for the instructor my brother had and I only needed 7 lessons with him. Did my test with no faults (no minor or major) which shocked me...lol

I didn't even bother going back to work that day, I just drove about all day with my dog in the passenger seat who also loved it and always wants to go in the car with me now. Haha

Hughesy said:

No it was a Netgear one as had BT home hub before and it was crap. Just bought an Asus dual-band n600 as it seems to have good performance. Just got to go home and set it up now.

Having no internet for hours made me realise how much I rely on it....

Too true. Internet and technology.

I occasionally have multiple hours long power cuts, and it's like ah no problem, I'll just go on my laptop... No internet and battery runs out. Oh no problem, I'll just go on my tablet... No internet and battery runs out. Oh no problem I'll just turn on a lamp and read on my nook. No lamp. Battery lasts forever.

Ok I'll just make some food... Cooker is electric. 

yeah it's kind of strange thay even books aer electric now I've got a kindle and have been reading the Mass effect books on it I've got a couple of Star Trek books to read when I'm done as well

My driving instructor was brilliant. He played bass in a local band and I played guitar in a local band so we straight away had something in common, he was also friends with quite a few people I knew though I'd never met him through them. Plus whenever we were halfway through a lesson, we'd park up and have a fag but he wouldn't consider the fag break as part of the lesson time :) 

I still see him out and about on lessons now and then, and I always give him a wave. The man taught me how to do something I love!

(Replies with the obligatory "I'll quit one day") The way I see it, there's a lot of people who do worse things and put worse things in their body than smoke. So until the day I no longer enjoy a cigarette, I'll carry on and ignore anybody who criticises me for doing so :)

I tried an ecig, it just wasn't right... If anything it made me want a real cigarette even more :p

(Replies with the obligatory "I'll quit one day") The way I see it, there's a lot of people who do worse things and put worse things in their body than smoke. So until the day I no longer enjoy a cigarette, I'll carry on and ignore anybody who criticises me for doing so :)

I tried an ecig, it just wasn't right... If anything it made me want a real cigarette even more :p

Even though I don't smoke now (vape as people like to call it) I think people should be able to smoke in pubs. One thing I've noticed because of the ban is you get massive groups of people just outside the pubs smoking, and at night especially when everyone is drunk fights  break out. It's seems when they hit the fresh air they go crazy haha. I stopped smoking for a year but as I'm at home a lot I get bored and want something to occupy my mind, so took up ecigs. Took a while to find a flavour I liked, those instant ones are rubbish so I have ones that you refill yourself. In the end I found a e liquid that gives me the same hit as a cigarette.

Btw I wasn't criticising, I don't think anyone has the right to, we only have one life so we should enjoy it.    ;)

Hughesy said:

Even though I don't smoke now (vape as people like to call it) I think people should be able to smoke in pubs. One thing I've noticed because of the ban is you get massive groups of people just outside the pubs smoking, and at night especially when everyone is drunk fights  break out. It's seems when they hit the fresh air they go crazy haha. I stopped smoking for a year but as I'm at home a lot I get bored and want something to occupy my mind, so took up ecigs. Took a while to find a flavour I liked, those instant ones are rubbish so I have ones that you refill yourself. In the end I found a e liquid that gives me the same hit as a cigarette.

Btw I wasn't criticising, I don't think anyone has the right to, we only have one life so we should enjoy it.    ;)

Ooh, that's something I disagree on :p Personally I'm pretty happy with the smoking ban in pubs and public buildings, it's my choice to smoke but I don't believe non-smokers should have to put up with my second hand smoke anywhere indoors. Even when I'm at home I stand at the back door or in the garden to smoke, never inside even though I easily could :p 
And sure drunk fights break out, but you'll get those even if people were smoking inside ;)

Haha, the instant ones are indeed rubbish! But then I can't stand the flavoured ones either lol. My stepdad came over puffing on a vanilla one a few months back and the smell of it has lingered ever since. I love vanilla but that's like vanilla combined with sweaty underwear :s

Lol yea I don't have weird flavours like that, I only use one called ry4 as it's close to normal cigarettes without leaving the taste of it in your mouth for ages. Don't think we've ever had a discussion about this before lol. It's funny the discussions we have on this forum. :p

For me though the ban stopped me from going to pubs, as being disabled it wasn't practical for me having to walk pretty far just so I can smoke. People will say "why don't you just quit then" but it always took the pain away for a tiny period so I just stopped going to the pub.

My dad's car is also my own as well but he never let's me drive it on my own, not enough experience :( I really wanna go out in the open, explore the city, drive down the highways, along the coast, maybe take my girlfriend out for a date, I wanna do so many things :( :( :( Hopefully, by year's end I will have the keys. Mexicola said:

"You know a lot about science, but you don't know how good a cigarette tastes in the morning."

True that mate. My day never goes without a cigarette after and before bed.

Hughesy said:

I'm not surprised he doesn't let you on your own, knowing what the traffic is like in India you'd probably spear someone...lol o:)

But he can't keep me caged forever, after all, sooner or later I will have to battle the famous Indian traffic. So many people drive and barely hit one another then why can't I do the same. I know how to drive and I have a valid license. I am fed up with studies mate, now I wanna see the world, explore and explore, enjoy every moment.

• UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic