Jump to content Jump to content

Can't believe the news about Robin Williams. He was in two of my favourite films, Mrs Doubtfire and Good Morning Vietnam. I only watched Mrs Doubtfire last week and it's a bit of an uncanny coincidence, but last night I was putting my younger brother to bed and I made up a story for him, and I the main character was Mrs Doubtfire, I was doing the voice of her too. 

Awful :(

Don't get all excited about the 2011-2013 seasons of Bananas in Pyjamas. It was animated and quite frankly, awful.

Whaaat! That's not cool can't believe they would do that.lol. No wonder it's not on anymore, you should never move away from the original formula.

Nothing will ever beat Button moon though, think I still have the video for that somewhere, the strange  things we watch as kids....haha

Hughesy said:

Don't get all excited about the 2011-2013 seasons of Bananas in Pyjamas. It was animated and quite frankly, awful.

Whaaat! That's not cool can't believe they would do that.lol. No wonder it's not on anymore, you should never move away from the original formula.

Nothing will ever beat Button moon though, think I still have the video for that somewhere, the strange  things we watch as kids....haha

But they're better than the TV programs kids watch these days ;)

mike96 said:
Hughesy said:

But they're better than the TV programs kids watch these days ;)

Kids don't watch TV these days, they stand on street corners and harass old people now.

Hughesy said:

Very true! Top Cat was another classic, that was even on when my dad was young. Didn't know they had Tv's back in the caveman era o:)

Yeah I used to watch Top Cat as well that was good

Kids TV is rubbish these days, I mean, when I grew up I watched the Teletubbies, Tweenies, Bob the Builder, Bananas in Pyjamas, Rosie and Jim, Balamory, Big Cook Little Cook.

Hell yeah

It is you're right. I used to like a lot of TV shows growing up I used to love watching TV on a Saturday night especially as there was lots of great stuff on then. Knight Rider, The A team, Noel's House Party even the Generation Game and ended the evening watching the footy highlights with MOTD.  TBH I think TV in general is in decline though especially as they tend to focus mostly on the soaps now. These days aside from watching a bit of sport and the occasional news bulletin I don't really touch TV anymore The only modern day series I do tend to watch these days is the CSI series and I only watch those now and then. I do sometimes watch the X factor but only if they've got acts on that I like but for the past couple of years that's not been the case. I tend to restrict myself to DVD's these days as I've bought a few series in recent years even got Knight Rider on DVD too in fact I've just started watching Star Trek Voyager again.

Kids TV is rubbish these days, I mean, when I grew up I watched the Teletubbies, Tweenies, Bob the Builder, Bananas in Pyjamas, Rosie and Jim, Balamory, Big Cook Little Cook.

Hell yeah

Add Thomas the Tank Engine, Chuckle Vision, Blues Clues, Krypto the Superdog, The Batman and Dora the Explorer to that list and you get me!

mike96 said:
Anyone who watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Not me so much but my brother was obsessed with them! If I can find it some time I'll post a pic of him dressed as one when he was a kid lol. He made clay models of them and other sorts of models but not sure what he did with them.

mike96 said:
Anyone who watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Yup , loved them. Loved most superhero cartoons and Bob the builder and apart from that it was just F1. I watched like the first 5 laps of every race and then I got bored and started playing with my dinky cars.

Actually , after seeing Chris' post I'll have to add some more. I liked Blues Clues , Dora The Explorer and Big Cook Little Cook too. Forgot about all of them.

• UP100 pinned this topic
  • UP100 featured this topic