F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Not sure if this is real or fake and seeing that it's coming from PlanetF1 and i think some here has had theire fair share of dealings with them.

But anyways the news from them is that there a rumor that Bernie may create a breakaway series after being forced out of his F1 Managemenrt position.

Link

MBKF1 said:
fIsince08 said:
VetteIfan said:
Oh, also, the person running the SantanderGP twitter account ****ed up today and accidentally tweeted the name of the new Ferrari (the tweet has since been deleted). Apparently it's called the SF17-JB.

After the conversation we had a couple of pages back about this, I don't know how that's "close" to Ferrari SS17H-Adolf. But anyway, even though the name sounds a little weird to say it's a nice touch from Ferrari.
I meant it was similar in the sense that it had a name in the title :P 
WHAT?! You said the new name would be controversial, and I would understand that if it was named after Adolf Hitler, but I can't see anything controversial naming it after Jules Bianchi?! I think it's an incredibly touching thing to do.
The way some people went on on here after I suggested they should retire his number made me think they'd kick off about this too :p 

Yea, I don't really see how Hitler and Jules Bianchi have anything in common either if I'm totally honest :p

For the more artistic of you guys here, Hamilton wants a fan to design his new helmet for him and if you win you get to meet him and get given a full size signed replica of it :) https://www.instagram.com/p/BPvD0DDBrac/

If only I had photoshop skills

For my uni degree I'm meant to be proficient in Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign, etc, but I'm gonna create my design on my iPad. There's an app which does basically the same job as Photoshop but I find it so much easier to use.

I sketched out an idea yesterday which I'm pretty happy about. It's basically a development of his current one, and I'm gonna use that apple red colour as the base colour, and then have black / white / yellow as the other sections. Looking forward to properly making it!

What's the app? Going to look for a botched version on the Play Store because I don't have an iPad/iPhone/iSight.

OR DO YOU WISH TO ELIMINATE THE COMPETITION

I actually have some ideas. Varies from the Wu-Tang Clan logo because I just want someone to use that on a F1-helmet and one that involves making an own Lewis Hamilton-brand logo. Too bad I got like zero talent on the drawing department or I could've done some shit.

Manor is gone, the staff got sent home today and I doubt the team will survive a second liquidation.

20 I think...

1) Merc, 2) Red Bull, 3) Ferrari, 4) Force India, 5) Williams, 6) McLaren, 7) Toro Rosso, 8) Haas, 9) Renault, 10) Sauber.

Such a shame to have Manor gone, they always seemed like a family team who were all just really passionate about the racing. Shame they never got the funds to really go for it.

And thus, until the end of his F1-days, Felipe Nasr remained an useless figure only brought in to bring disappointment and overall depletion of quality and enjoyment to the sport.

https://www.charitystars.com/foundation/wellchild-1/live?platform=hootsuite

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Bid.

(Then again, who needs food or heating as long as I can rock some Ferrari gloves.)

Gutted about Manor. One of my favourite teams after all they've come through and F1 needs the popular backmarker. They've also given us one last treat, a 2017 car design:

https://twitter.com/F1PaddockPass/status/825048093943091200

I love the rear wing on that!

Well, today I found out that the English counterpart of the name Valtteri, is Walter!

Walter Bottas, noice.

MBKF1 said:
Well, today I found out that the English counterpart of the name Valtteri, is Walter!

Walter Bottas, noice.

Just finished booking tickets etc for Albert Park which is pretty exciting! I've been to quite a few V8 Supercar races, but never to an F1 race so it'll hopefully be quite the experience. 

Just finished booking tickets etc for Albert Park which is pretty exciting! I've been to quite a few V8 Supercar races, but never to an F1 race so it'll hopefully be quite the experience. 
Remember to take your hearing aids!

So I saw a weak rumor on Twitter that the Asian-KFC lads that sponsors Gelael and Giovinazzi are looking to buy Manor. That's one way to get in.

fIsince08 said:
Gutted about Manor. One of my favourite teams after all they've come through and F1 needs the popular backmarker. They've also given us one last treat, a 2017 car design:

Fun fact: One of the guys in this photo (I don't know which one, I just got told he was in the photo) graduated last year in Motorsport Engineering from the same course I'm currently doing. Shame he's out of a job now, but it's still really cool to know that the potential is there for me to be in a similar position 12 months from now. 

VetteIfan said:
fIsince08 said:

Fun fact: One of the guys in this photo (I don't know which one, I just got told he was in the photo) graduated last year in Motorsport Engineering from the same course I'm currently doing. Shame he's out of a job now, but it's still really cool to know that the potential is there for me to be in a similar position 12 months from now. 
A Force India employee did the same course as me :)

Hughesy said:
I'd so love to go to Albert Park to watch F1, I love the track, one day maybe.
Haha, you must be the only person I've heard of who likes Albert Park, alright for racing but there is something I don't like. I think I hold a grudge because I always get punctures there on F1 2016 career

Reub09 said:
Hughesy said:
I'd so love to go to Albert Park to watch F1, I love the track, one day maybe.
Haha, you must be the only person I've heard of who likes Albert Park, alright for racing but there is something I don't like. I think I hold a grudge because I always get punctures there on F1 2016 career
I like it, not my favourite, but I like it.

Nice track (also fun to drive, IMO), great atmosphere, lots of Aussies to get pissed with. Definitely worth a visit.

Would F1 be the same without Ferrari? Probably not.

Would F1 survive without Ferrari? Probably. 

Are Ferrari going to leave F1? No. Every year they threaten to leave, it's all just talk.