DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Edit: And yep, no real shark fin on the Merc!

It's looking like the Merc doesn't have a shark fin...

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/834716391831900161

Hughesy said:
You see, Mercedes know  :p                
And this is where it turns out they aren't the fastest car any more, so after the first race they add a shark fin ;)

Edit: Aaaand Merc have said they'll be trying a proper shark fin later today :p

It would look better with one, the gap between the engine cover and rear wing looks stupid now the wing is angled.

fIsince08 said:
It would look better with one, the gap between the engine cover and rear wing looks stupid now the wing is angled.
;)

https://twitter.com/F1PaddockPass/status/834723139774984193

And some proper pics!

https://twitter.com/suttonimages/status/834723777493757953

@Hughesy The stripes are there!

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/834726037674131456

Kill me. I just don't see why you guys think shark fins look good, it looks daft, makes them look like a sailing boat. 

Oh so I was correct about the stripes, that little detail looks great. 

The Force India is my favourite car so far, excluding Mercedes ! I think the stepped nose looks good the way they did it, and the nose looks cool imo.

The Sauber is nice but don't see the big deal, not that nice tbh. Like they stuck the Rothmans Williams livery on it -_-

Hughesy said:
Kill me. I just don't see why you guys think shark fins look good, it looks daft, makes them look like a sailing boat. 

I thought you were talking about the quality of Merc's 360 live stream at first. Even at 1080 it was like it had a Van Gogh painting filter on it.

Sounds like Bottas is gonna be trying the shark fin in a while :p

Hughesy said:

I thought you were talking about the quality of Merc's 360 live stream at first. Even at 1080 it was like it had a Van Gogh painting filter on it.

Sounds like Bottas is gonna be trying the shark fin in a while :p
Didn't watch it as there was no point as I'd already seen the car.

Reub09 said:
The Force India is my favourite car so far, excluding Mercedes ! I think the stepped nose looks good the way they did it, and the nose looks cool imo.

The Sauber is nice but don't see the big deal, not that nice tbh. Like they stuck the Rothmans Williams livery on it -_-

Please tell me that's sarcasm. I know taste is subjective, but come on.

The only thing I find interesting about the Merc is whatever that appendage is on the front section along side the drivers legs. 

Otherwise it just looks like a chubbier version on the 2016 car. 

The only thing I find interesting about the Merc is whatever that appendage is on the front section along side the drivers legs. 

Otherwise it just looks like a chubbier version on the 2016 car. 
In my head I dubbed them the moustache wings :p

No, anything the ruins the shape at the back  is horrible, that thing or a stupid shark fin are ugly. 

Hughesy said:
No, anything the ruins the shape at the back  is horrible, that thing or a stupid shark fin are ugly. 
Well, good news (just maybe not for you ;) ), that isn't really their shark fin, they decided not to run it today because it's too windy at Silverstone.

Love the Merc, the bright stripes look so slick.

I personally really like the shark fins, but only when done right, when they're integrated with the livery. Best example so far is the Renault, it's a nice extension of the car, whereas the Sauber is just plain black and Force India is just a wall. I reckon the Merc could look really good with a shark fin.

LOVE F1 2017 STYLE, GIVE ME MOAR!

I love the Mercedes even more for this:

https://twitter.com/Graftechweb/status/834730082946138113

MBKF1 said:

I personally really like the shark fins, but only when done right, when they're integrated with the livery. Best example so far is the Renault, it's a nice extension of the car, whereas the Sauber is just plain black and Force India is just a wall. I reckon the Merc could look really good with a shark fin.

Ferrari and the McLaren are tomorrow ;) Think the Ferrari is 9:45AM, and the McLaren is 11AM.

MBKF1 said:

Ferrari and the McLaren are tomorrow ;) Think the Ferrari is 9:45AM, and the McLaren is 11AM.
I can't wait. I have my fingers and everything crossed that both of them don't let us down. After all the hype about orange making a return, I hope they don't f*ck it up.

MBKF1 said:
MBKF1 said:

I can't wait. I have my fingers and everything crossed that both of them don't let us down. After all the hype about orange making a return, I hope they don't f*ck it up.
Small correction, the Ferrari is actually 8:45AM in the UK :) I'm hyped too for the McLaren though, really hoping they get back to the front finally.

Unfortunately I'm at work tomorrow so won't be able to watch any live streams, so will have to catch up on my tea break!

If McLaren can manage to get to within challenging the Ferrari's, that would be a monumental achievement when you consider where they were 2 years ago. Here's hoping.

Juice29 said:
I love the Mercedes even more for this:

https://twitter.com/Graftechweb/status/834730082946138113
I remember those Ferrari wings, they look absolutely gorgeous.