The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

I like how with the Mclaren has it's logo painted into the livery on the engine cover. Using that shark fin to it's fullest.

MBKF1 said:
The McLaren is GORGEOUS.

RED BULL, TORO ROSSO, HAAS, DON'T LET US DOWN.
Can we kind of include Williams in there too? I know they've shown renders already, but we'll get to see the real car tomorrow :)

The McLaren would look so much better without the white accents.
Like this? (Please excuse my rushed and messy brushing with a mouse skills :p )

Think I still prefer it with the white bits, makes it less like last years car.

What about this

https://twitter.com/Ste_F1/status/835250692952555520

I still love the McLaren though. 

The white/orange one is mint.

But I think I figured out what's wrong with the original. The white accents look terrible with the shark fin and the white stripe at the bottom of the sidepod.

What's wrong with it, is that the design and the colors are done in a simplistic manner. It looks like the livery of an unlicensed racing game.

From other shots, it looks more like a dark grey, to be specific. It's probably the shadow in that particular photo which makes it look black. Front nose looks massively like the Ferrari from last year, no surprise there!

I love the diversity of colour on the grid this year, I can't wait to see all the cars lined up on the grid in Melbourne. We've got silver, matt blue, red, white, orange, black and red, yellow, dark blue and gold. Gonna be great!

Yea I thought afterwards it might be gray. I'm also looking forward to seeing them all on the grid, lots of colours. Only Force India have been a let down so far. 

As a McLaren fan I really hope they have a better, more reliable season. Alonso deserves a good car this year. 

https://twitter.com/F1Photographer/status/835485219604086785

Yep you lot are going to keep seeing me moan about them and will just have to put up with it :p

Also here's the Red Bull 

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/status/835825077644115968

Red Bull makes hoovers now.                                                                       

Let's just say that if Red Bull's nose ever came in direct contact with most other noses on the paddock, we'd have to apologize to the audience since that's clearly not PG.

Jiggy said:
Let's just say that if Red Bull's nose ever came in direct contact with most other noses on the paddock, we'd have to apologize to the audience since that's clearly not PG.
Well, Christian Horner did say that their car would be "sexy". Maybe he wasn't talking about the cars looks.

Maybe it's a device to clean up that dust they put down to mop up oil. Or its because drinking Red Bull isn't enough and it needs something stronger to give itself wings... 

Toro Rosso won. Toro Rosso won the livery battle. I've been touching myself since seeing that car.

Was honestly expecting it to have the same livery as they always have but...damn. Not bad at all.

I didn't think anything would beat the Renault livery, but then Toro Rosso came and blew everyone away with that!

That's yet another reason why Red Bull's marketing department is the best in the business. Both Red Bull and Toro Rosso have different variations on the classic Red Bull logo, but they can afford to totally change it to something different. Just awesome.