The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Shout-out to my boy Hamilton for getting out there and giving the fans something to get excited about. People complain about his live-streaming antics and call him arrogant, but he deserves positive attention for going out his way to entertain the crowd. Signed merchandise and threw it into the crowd, that's a nice moment for those people that they'll never forget. I think that Alonso also went out to acknowledge the crowd, it's nice to see.

If McLaren strapped one of these to their car, then maybe they could finish on the podium :joy:

https://twitter.com/ron_eisele/status/849724997761286144

Think I found my new favourite thing;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ13JhLY8bQ   

Needed GP2 engine thrown in at the end, then it would have been perfect  :D

I'm actually kinda shocked the team will let him miss Monaco for Indy. As long as he doesn't get taken out though, I can see him doing well!

Well, that's one way to avoid the shit that is McLaren, even just for one race. Andretti is in charge of things at the Indy. Going to laugh my ass off if Alonso wins it.

Except for Button, who now actually has to drive that piece of shit.

Feel sorry for Button, it's like doing community service :joy:

McLaren is in such a mess, Honda are absolutely useless, power of dreams my arse. 

Hughesy said:

Feel sorry for Button, it's like doing community service :joy:

McLaren is in such a mess, Honda are absolutely useless, power of dreams my arse. 

*Dreams of power.. :p

Somewhere far back in this thread I said Button wasn't done with F1, you lot said he was. Well I was half right, at least for 1 race :joy:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/852774866109448193

To be fair Kimi would love to be on Mars, no journalists to bother him :joy:

Really candid interview with Lewis Hamilton on Sky, showing he's not the arrogant bastard some of you think he is 

Alonso racing at Indy is a sight of things to come...I'm pretty sure if Alonso does well during the race that he will be staying with Andretti Motorsports for the entire 2018 season. I've always said Alonso, Ricciardo and Hamilton will end up Indy after their F1 days. 

coolieboy said:

Alonso racing at Indy is a sight of things to come...I'm pretty sure if Alonso does well during the race that he will be staying with Andretti Motorsports for the entire 2018 season. I've always said Alonso, Ricciardo and Hamilton will end up Indy after their F1 days. 

Hamilton won't race after he leaves F1, he'll go into the music industry.

My thoughts exactly, no way will he go to a less well paid racing series. There's much more money to be made in fashion and other stuff. He's made himself into a brand, whatever he puts his name to,  it'll make money. 

F1 rules for next year:
http://www.fia.com/news/constructive-f1-strategy-group-and-commission-held-paris
  • Shield favoured over halo, to be implemented next season
  • T-wings and shark fins banned
  • Clamping down on oil use by teams
  • Pirelli given more wet weather tyre testing freedom
  • Red flagged races will restart from a standing start just like they used too. (Presumably, the old 2 lap rule will be reintroduced as well)
Also, driver names and numbers have to be made more visible from Barcelona onwards this year and all teams are now allowed access to the strategy group meetings.

coolieboy said:

Lol no. 

The rumors are Alonso may go to Renault. You're the first I've heard say he'll go to Indy, not sure why you think that, or what your evidence is... I suspect about as much as your Sauber will get free engines speculation. 

Ricciardo going to Indy? He's actually said that Indy cars scare him. Plus he has a long F1 career ahead of him, what would make you say anything about him going to Indy in probably 10 years?

Hamilton? Really?! No. 100% never gonna happen. Hamilton is going to retire from F1 on top and not have anything to prove. He's more likely to become a "musician" or a commentator than an IndyCar driver.

fIsince08 said:

Also, driver names and numbers have to be made more visible from Barcelona onwards this year (...)

OK...?
I mean, yeah, OK. Weird change, but there we are.

And for heaven's sake, they are willing to ban the shark fins and T-wings, but not those ugly-arse thumb noses? Am I seriously the only one annoyed by them? For me they ruin the looks of the current cars just as much as the T-wings. Open up the regs a bit around the nose section and boom: problem solved. The noses can stay this low, but the shape of the Ferrari, Williams and McLaren nose cones still put me off.

fIsince08 said:

Also, driver names and numbers have to be made more visible from Barcelona onwards this year (...)

OK...?
I mean, yeah, OK. Weird change, but there we are.

And for heaven's sake, they are willing to ban the shark fins and T-wings, but not those ugly-arse thumb noses? Am I seriously the only one annoyed by them? For me they ruin the looks of the current cars just as much as the T-wings. Open up the regs a bit around the nose section and boom: problem solved. The noses can stay this low, but the shape of the Ferrari, Williams and McLaren nose cones still put me off.

Unfortunately, the regs for the nose are already are already as open as they can be. It's just the interpretation of the rules.