The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Eddie Jordan? Kill me, kill me now.

So 19 of the drivers are showing up I've heard, the one that isn't is Hamilton. That's not great from him, especially with it being at home.

Edit: This doesn't actually say 19 of them adware showing up, but it's still not good from Hamilton.

https://twitter.com/philduncanf1/status/885091730898509825

Also this from Silverstone...
https://twitter.com/crash_net_f1/status/884768538350714881

I think it's pretty low from Hamilton to go on holiday instead of turning up for his home fans. He bangs on about F1 making fan interaction better, then they do and he's nowhere to be seen. 

Hamilton says F1 needs to do better with fan interaction.
Hamilton says he's on a relaxing holiday

Hamilton posts a video partying, hmm..
https://twitter.com/lewishamilton/status/884781289370464257

I think some people are spending way too much time getting worked up over everything Lewis says or does. Curiously, the people most upset and disappointed at his absence seem to include people who are generally hard pressed to find a good word to say about him.

You might think they'd be pleased!

Uhh I'm a massive Hamilton fan, but this is very poor from him. You can't go from saying drivers need to be more accessible to fans and then when that's made possible bugger off on holiday. Even worse is it's his home fans, on this occasion he deserves all the hate he's getting. I'm a fan, but I'm not blinded by fanboyism. There will be a lot of people that went that couldn't afford tickets for Silverstone, posting partying videos whilst this is on makes him look like a right idiot.

I've never heard people complain about Lewis not engaging with fans enough before, I doubt missing on this event will change that. It's his choice to spend some time on holidays, and there's no point in getting worked up over this. If he felt that this is how he can release some of the pressure of an intense F1 season and some of the disappointment coming from the last two races, then so be it.

Apart from that, the really important part of this week is the Silverstone GP, not an event in London announced to the fans on short notice. And I betcha Lewis will give it everything he's got when it matters - between thursday and sunday. On and off track.

It's not really that surprising considering it's been well established for a while now that Hamilton is a gigantic gack merchant.

I wish I could say to my boss, nah I'm not coming in today, I'm stressed and going on holiday, bye. The fact that he's snubbed his own fans to go partying says a lot. He doesn't owe anybody anything, but he's the one that said F1 needs to do more to make the drivers closer to fans. I always stick up for Lewis, but he's the only one who couldn't be arsed to give a few hours of his life to entertain the British fans. 

Hughesy said:
I wish I could say to my boss, nah I'm not coming in today, I'm stressed and going on holiday, bye. The fact that he's snubbed his own fans to go partying says a lot. He doesn't owe anybody anything, but he's the one that said F1 needs to do more to make the drivers closer to fans. I always stick up for Lewis, but he's the only one who couldn't be arsed to give a few hours of his life to entertain the British fans. 
Summer break is getting close so he could've had his so called break then, but its really weird that Hamilton didn't show when all the other 19 drivers showed up. It doesn't look good. Maybe he heard that Rosberg would be there and got scared.

On a sort of related side note, was London the right place to host it? I can't help but feel somewhere further north (and I'm thinking like Edinburgh or maybe the Lake District) would've been a better option. It's less than 2 hours from Silverstone to London, why not bring it somewhere that is further away so fans who find it hard to get south get to see their heroes?

Maybe just me being a picky northerner, but I do think I have a point.

I respect your opinion mate, but I think London was absolutely the right place to have it. #F1LiveSheffield don't exactly have the same ring to it. London is iconic.

But yeah, Lewis has been a proper wally by missing this. As you all know, I'm a big fan of his, but I'm really pissed that he missed this, and he literally has no excuse, he's just partying and getting f*cked.

As Hughesy was saying, Lewis bangs on about how Formula 1 doesn't make enough effort to engage with the fans, so when they do and put on an incredible inspiring event like this? What does he do, he f*cks off on 'holiday'...

Holiday, my ass. F1 is going on a 4 week break in a month's time, so there's plenty of time to do it then. This event was a chance for kids and families that can't afford to go to a Grand Prix to experience their passion and meet their heroes for free, but Lewis be like naaaah, f*ck that.

Seriously, I hope the media f*ckin roast him tomorrow in the press conference. The only driver on the grid not to show up, such a poor show.

For someone who a couple of weeks ago was saying the drivers are inspirations to youngsters, he's done a damn good job of not inspiring them.

Livid. Maybe it's the beer talking (7 of them), but he's lost a fan today.

Man, how funny would it be if on Sunday, Lewis wins and he gets booed. What's more of a kick in the teeth than your own country booing you at your home race. I kinda hope it happens, cos maybe it'll make him realise what a f*ckin diva he's being.

No, I'm not overreacting. Well, maybe I am.

Max and Dan are my new faves <3

Also, I would give my left **** to have Jake Humphrey back presenting F1. If in a couple of years time Liberty introduce some new digital F1 service, Jake is the man to front it. What a pro.

With a Jack Nichols, Martin Brundle and David Coulthard 3 way commentary team, would be my dream.

I know this is 3 posts in a row and it's technically not allowed, but I'm a power hungry mod and there ain't nothing you can do about it, waaaaaaaheeeeeeey.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/885217823412432898

TOP KEK

Lewis said F1 should do more for fans.

He never said he was going to be a part of that though.

But at least some of the people criticizing him can be relieved now: Even if for completely nonsense reasons they have the roleplay (villian vs. good guy) back to what they wanted it to be.

MBKF1 said:
Also, I would give my left **** to have Jake Humphrey back presenting F1. If in a couple of years time Liberty introduce some new digital F1 service, Jake is the man to front it. What a pro.

With a Jack Nichols, Martin Brundle and David Coulthard 3 way commentary team, would be my dream.

I know this is 3 posts in a row and it's technically not allowed, but I'm a power hungry mod and there ain't nothing you can do about it, waaaaaaaheeeeeeey.
Seven beers, did you say?

Driver press conference is brilliant, Ricciardo is just amazing. Really looking forward to him challenging for the championship, as he's the most down to earth driver off track, and great on it.  I've had a bad day, but he has cheered me up.

Palmer best watch out......

https://twitter.com/roadandtrack/status/885557935933464576

So, atm the most likely replacements for Palmer are a former driver with one properly functioning arm and a crazy granny. Damn, that's not going to look good on his CV.

Btw, the Silverstone crowd clearly upset with Lewis already... not.

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/885549119099555841

Mexicola said:
MBKF1 said:

Seven beers, did you say?
Wasn't enough, and my mate who drove me home had to get back for 11.00pm so wasn't even a proper sesh!

And yeah, I think it was the beers talking last night, still love Lewis <3 However, I stand by my decision that him missing London was pants, and the excuses he came up with today were rubbish tbh. I hope he bothers turning up to the next one.

MBKF1 said:
Wasn't enough, and my mate who drove me home had to get back for 11.00pm so wasn't even a proper sesh!.
If there's another Codies meet up thing ooooh boy am I showing you guys the true scumbag that I am.

Give this guy a medal:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEouz0BXUAU8ISU.jpg

*pretends to be man like Seb*

*drop-kicks man of scooby*