The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Looks like Gasly and Hartly are confirmed at Toro Rosso next season leaving without a Kvyat seat. 

Do you guys think any other team would take him this late in the year?

Possibly Williams, but I doubt he'll get a race seat. Maybe he'll become a team's reserve driver or something like that.

Jiggy said:
Doesn't the Martini-thing make him too young for Williams?
I've heard that Martini are OK with it so long as they have at least a test driver over 25.

That whole Martini sponsor rule seems kind of ridicules. You should consider which driver will do best for the team. Not how old they are,

That whole Martini sponsor rule seems kind of ridicules. You should consider which driver will do best for the team. Not how old they are,
Ideally yes. But sponsors are only here to make money. They rather someone that can be a good representative of their brand. For an alcohol company, that isn't a 17 year old. Having someone that can sell they're brand is more important to the sponsors than just winning races. 

Of course there is the argument that having a winning driver sells their brand just as well. The problem with that is the likelihood of Williams (or any mid field team) being a winning team again. 

Ideally yes. But sponsors are only here to make money. They rather someone that can be a good representative of their brand. For an alcohol company, that isn't a 17 year old. Having someone that can sell they're brand is more important to the sponsors than just winning races. 

Of course there is the argument that having a winning driver sells their brand just as well. The problem with that is the likelihood of Williams (or any mid field team) being a winning team again. 
Ya, I guess that makes sense. For Williams to win again I think the Hybrids would have to leave.

Felipe Massa to retire at the end of the season. Again.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/926785919172136960

That would be sick! Kubica in the Williams would destroy Stroll. :D It will be cool to see how next years drivers line up.

Hugo Boss to leave F1 as a sponsor for Formula E 

Hugo Boss is one of those Sponsors that you remember in F1 and now it will be a shame to see the brand go. :(

Link

Not the first time this has happened in Brazil, organisers and teams need to do more to protect them. 

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/929324708453060608?s=09

Found the person responsible for the awful logo.... 

https://twitter.com/W2Optimism/status/934803451460104192?s=09

W2Optimism? Living up to the name being optimistic that people will like the new logo. Looks like my 5 year old nieces drawing on the fridge only worse.

I think it looks class. It's like something from Wipeout. In a couple of years FEISAR and AG Systems will be juking it out for the WCC.

Well, it's provocative. So they probably care more about making noise and get people talking than creating an actual good logo. Bitches.

Mexicola said:
I think it looks class. It's like something from Wipeout. In a couple of years FEISAR and AG Systems will be juking it out for the WCC.
I hope there are no Halo's in the future.