The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

On results Massa deserved another year, he comfortably outperformed Stroll bar the occasional race.

Oh god no, anything but another year of Massa.

Sirotkin is a pretty fast dude, I wouldn't underestimate him just because he brings money, he might be in the Sergio Perez-bracket of pay drivers.

Little disappointed for Kubica but I'm not going to knock Sirotkin before he even has his first race. We don't know how good he will be yet.
Personally though, I think the race lineup should have been Kubica and Sirotkin and stick Stroll as the reserve driver and have him race in another category for a season so he can develop. The kid simply isn't ready and if he carries on from his form last year it's just going to damage his career despite the money. He may be long gone before he can peak like most of the former Toro Rosso drivers as a result. Maybe he'll surprise us but he needs to improve drastically over the winter.

I wasn't a fan of the new logo when it was first announced, but it's grown on me, and this video explains so well why the new logo will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y42PI9peurI

I'm still not a fan of the new typefaces, but still a good new logo.

I'm sure Liberty Media will just pay them a ton of cash to shut up and go away, if that's possible in this scenario.

But I do hope that it somehow has to be changed back. 

Probably nothing will happen. The way the marks are registered they don't actually overlap. 3M's mark is basically only for medical apparel, which F1s is not related to. 3M has to argue that F1s logo on clothing would be confused with their logos on their products. It's  not the worst argument in trademark law, but it's likely not a winning on, or at least not one that's going to prevent F1 from using the logo. 

Something thatll likely happen is F1 will settle with 3M. I doubt F1 will (or will have to) go back to the old logo. 

MBKF1 said:
I wasn't a fan of the new logo when it was first announced, but it's grown on me, and this video explains so well why the new logo will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y42PI9peurI

I'm still not a fan of the new typefaces, but still a good new logo.
The fonts and stuff? Yeah, I hate those.

He makes a good point of usefulness over aesthetics. Looking at it that way, I can see how and why they'd use this logo in particular. I still don't like the look of it, but I can see the use for it.

Finally, time for me to kill my oppressive math tutor and move to Mexico under the alias Fredo Santana, where I will become a drug-lord and display violence excessive even for the most blood-strained, cartel-owned barrios of Guadelajara, Mexico.

Thanks Rrrrregggeerrrrr.

@onetwothree @Matthew77258  is it worth buying a false Australian driver license?

mike96 said:
@onetwothree @Matthew77258  is it worth buying a false Australian driver license?
Yeah mate I'll hook you up. Start practicing your accent and hopefully you can do better than Inbetweeners Jay.

mike96 said:
Yeah mate I'll hook you up. Start practicing your accent and hopefully you can do better than Inbetweeners Jay.
Do you need an Australian accent to get a drivers licence over there? Bit racist!

Hey what's with those weird hook turn things you Victorians have? I don't understand those at all.

Well the idea is to not delay trams when turning right. When the light goes green you enter the intersection from the left lane. You stop and wait parallel to the left-most lane of the street you're entering. Then when the lights go green for the street you're entering, you complete your right turn. You've essentially moved to the front of the queue for the cross-traffic of the street you were originally on.

Pretty simple really.

I thought that in order to get your driver's license in Australia, you had to live there for 18 years and if you're still alive by then, you're good to go.

If huntsman spiders and wombats haven't killed you in 18 years, then neither will Australian traffic.

Alonso is doing a full WEC season along with F1 this year then..  :o  

I thought he'd do Le Mans, but did not expect that!

Lukedfrt said:
Alonso is doing a full WEC season along with F1 this year then..  :o  

I thought he'd do Le Mans, but did not expect that!
One more reason to follow WEC!