The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

So no more grid-girls in 2018.

I don't want to be that guy, but that is beyond lame. I get why they're doing this, but the reason why they're doing this, is also lame.

That is really stupid. All the other Motorsports have some form of Grid girls so its pointless for F1 to remove theirs. Great, thats more lost jobs in the world.

I don’t understand why people are going after women who choose to do it as a job. They get paid to do it, they aren’t forced, basically putting women out of a job. The way the media and social media are hailing this as progress, yet all they’ve done is prevented these women from having a job they enjoy.

Looks to be following what the darts have done after they also decided to no longer have the girls walking on before the players.

They call it progress but it's just pandering to the crowd of morons that get offended about everything when it doesn't even involve them. All it's done is put F1 in more bad light and has now left these girls without a job that they enjoyed. Yay for progress. :|

I'm almost loathe to say it but I actually miss Bernie already. Liberty are changing things that don't need changing and I can only see it getting worse from here. I'm personally almost at the point where I won't be sad if this is my last season to watch on C4.

So heres the official lineup for the 2018 season

8Romain GrosjeanHaas F1 TeamHaasFerrari
20Kevin MagnussenHaas F1 TeamHaasFerrari
14Fernando AlonsoMcLaren F1 TeamMcLarenRenault
2Stoffel VandoorneMcLaren F1 TeamMcLarenRenault
44Lewis HamiltonMercedes-AMG Petronas MotorsportMercedesMercedes
77Valtteri BottasMercedes-AMG Petronas MotorsportMercedesMercedes
3Daniel RicciardoAston Martin Red Bull RacingRed Bull RacingRenault
33Max VerstappenAston Martin Red Bull RacingRed Bull RacingRenault
27Nicolas HulkenbergRenault Sport Formula One TeamRenaultRenault
55Carlos Sainz JrRenault Sport Formula One TeamRenaultRenault
11Sergio PerezSahara Force India F1 TeamForce IndiaMercedes
31Esteban OconSahara Force India F1 TeamForce IndiaMercedes
9Marcus EricssonAlfa Romeo Sauber F1 TeamSauberFerrari
16Charles LeclercAlfa Romeo Sauber F1 TeamSauberFerrari
5Sebastien VettelScuderia FerrariFerrariFerrari
7Kimi RaikkonenScuderia FerrariFerrariFerrari
10Pierre GaslyRed Bull Toro Rosso HondaScuderia Toro RossoHonda
28Brendon HartleyRed Bull Toro Rosso HondaScuderia Toro RossoHonda
18Lance StrollWilliams Martini RacingWilliamsMercedes
35Sergey SirotkinWilliams Martini RacingWilliamsMercedes

Are all the European races being put back by an hour?

I really hope not, i start work at 4pm on a Sunday.. So i won't be watching many live races if it's true :disappointed:

Lukedfrt said:

I really hope not, i start work at 4pm on a Sunday.. So i won't be watching many live races if it's true :disappointed:
Thought they were moving the races ahead a hour?

Lukedfrt said:

Thought they were moving the races ahead a hour?
That's what i meant sorry haha, terrible way of phrasing my words :lol:

I'm eager to see what McLaren can do with that Renault engine this year. The chassis is brilliant so they might fight for top 5 spots. Williams looks like they have a lack of driver capability, we will have to wait to see how that turns out. Glad to see the same line up for Force India. I hope that Ocon can beat Perez this year. Above all I want to see the fall of Mercedes at the hands of Ferrari.

I can see why they took the decision to get rid of the grid girls, it's the pressure from all the offendotrons, but at the same time, I really think it's up to the girls themselves to decide what they want to do. No one's forcing them to do it. If you're a model and want to be a grid girl, why not? For some, being a grid girl might be a personal career highlight, you never know! Also, apparently the pay is f*cking incredible as an F1 grid girl. Yes, they have to work 4 long hard days with a fair bit of standing around in the cold, but apparently 4 days of F1 grid girl work pays about the same as a couple of months of normal work. Some people would love that.

I just think people are so damn easily offended these days. Who cares if you see a pretty woman standing with a grid board at the start of a race? It's not like they're even wearing skimpy outfits these days, they're usually quite beautiful long dresses. It's really not sexualised these days.

But now they have decided to get rid of them, I really hope they get kids from go karting to go on the grid. Imagine being a youngster in karting, standing in front of your hero's car! It would be incredible. Same for after the race where they usually have the grid girls applauding the drivers on the way to the cool down room. Have a load of kids there instead, that would be so heartwarming!

Kids on the grid is a huge OH&S hazard. Which means it'll never happen.
I can see where you are coming from. It would be too easy for Verstappen to bribe the kids to mess with Riccardo's and the Ferrari cars. (joke) :D

Kids on the grid is a huge OH&S hazard. Which means it'll never happen.
I can see where you are coming from. It would be too easy for Verstappen to bribe the kids to mess with Riccardo's and the Ferrari cars. (joke) :D
I was expecting that to be a Verstappen too easy to get mistaken for one of the kids joke ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XhVR1WW_w                                                                                       

HOLY CRAP @MBKF1 can you see into the future or something?!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/2/formula-1-and-fia-in-new-grid-kids-partnership.html

Hahaha, I'm clearly have new special prediction powers!

That does make me happy though, what a great opportunity for the kids.

"YAY KIDS, NOBODY CAN SHIT ON US FOR USING KIDS"

Although if we're using the same reasoning for grid kids we used for grid girls, we're essentially setting kids up to get Jimmy Savile'd, now that's what Liberty is all about.

Jordan announce there return to F1 haha

Jokes aside this does look great, i used to follow Jimmy Vasser when he raced in Champ car time to follow Indycar i think.