The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Did you know that Lewis Hamilton is the only driver in F1 at the moment to have won a race in every year he's competed in.

Did you know that Lewis Hamilton is the only driver in F1 at the moment to have won a race in every year he's competed in.
I knew he'd run a race every season, didn't know he was the only one though!

To continue the trend, did you know he's never won three races back to back before?

fIsince08 said:

To continue the trend, did you know he's never won three races back to back before?
Yeah, he is the only one at the moment. Alonso didn't win in 2009, Vettel didn't in 2007 (half a season I guess, but still), Raikkonen didn't in 2006, Button had a few years of course without wins, Rosberg too, Massa too, and Maldonado.

fIsince08 said:

Yeah, he is the only one at the moment. Alonso didn't win in 2009, Vettel didn't in 2007 (half a season I guess, but still), Raikkonen didn't in 2006, Button had a few years of course without wins, Rosberg too, Massa too, and Maldonado.
A few? :P 2001 and 2002 for Raikkonen as well, 2001 for Alonso as well. Nerd mode off :P
Ahh, 2004 for Alonso as well :P

@RevolvingPrawn well yeah back then you didn't know he was going to be faster than Vettel :P

I think Vettel will have is work cut out with Daniel, so long as Red Bull don't go sabotaging the car again...

Haha, well, he's beating my most hated, overrated driver in equal machinery, so nope! Can't say I do hate him :)
Cue Vettelfan with some crap stats to prove you wrong  ;)

https://twitter.com/AussieGrit/status/454917048016322561

Big day today, it's Red Bulls hearing into Dan's Australian disqualification. Apparently Merc, Williams, McLaren, Williams, Force India and Lotus all have representives there. 

Domenicali has left his position as the Ferrari team boss. Ferrari will still suck after this.

And the award for most ridiculously long signature goes to, Jiggy! ;)

Tbh, I can't see this as a bad thing for Ferrari. Domenicali has always been like an Italian Whitmarsh to me, so I'm hoping that Mattiacci can come in, and with a different set of talents and experience change things up a bit.

Gene Haas, in his first F1 press conference:

"We're going to spend our money wisely and do it with an American flair for efficiency..."

"We're the most advanced nation on the planet, so I don't see why we can't do this..."

The most hilarious nation on the planet, I'll grant him that.

@Jiggy, are all of those quotes by Kimi real? I never knew that he collected walnuts.

Tbh, I can't see this as a bad thing for Ferrari. Domenicali has always been like an Italian Whitmarsh to me, so I'm hoping that Mattiacci can come in, and with a different set of talents and experience change things up a bit.
was just thinking the same thing about Jiggy's sig too

Firstly ,sorry I huit the off topic button instead of the quote button.

Mattiacci has no F1 experience whatsoever.
My guess is Domenicali is tiredof being LdM's scapegoat and walked out , and this guy is a temporary solution before they can get Brawn or maybe even Briatore.