The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

I think Norris is over rated, after he lost the lead in GP2 this year he has been finishing below the podium in a number of races. He is starting to get back to the top but Russell is just too good at the moment.

Agree about the weakest lineup and hopefully there not the next Kovalainen and Perez.

Don't agree with you at all. Russell is in the best F2 team, Norris isn't. Yes in terms of spec they are the same, but not in terms of expertise within the team.
When I watched him live in British F3 at Silverstone  it was obvious he was going to make it to the top.

fIsince08 said:
The thing with Vandoorne is, debut aside, he hasn't ever had a standout performance. If you look at the likes of Leclerc, Gasly or further back Hamilton and Vettel or even Webber, they all had good signs early on.

Vandoorne hasn't.
I kinda forget he is racing sometimes. Do think it would be good to see him against a driver like Sainz but you're not wrong.

I'd say that Carlin is a pretty good team, seeing how someone as trash as Sette Camara is suddenly very competitive.

BUt Norris is also extremely young and Russell is more mature/experienced, so him taking over in the championship is impressive, but a bit expected too.

Omg its happening! Everyone stay calm, stay ******* calm!
https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/status/1039425261371117569?s=19

And he's signed a 2 year deal with Sauber too, amazing!

I really hope they sign Giovinazzi alongside him. I know Giovinazzi is an unknown quantity, but Ericsson's had his chance surely, time for Alfa / Ferrari to give another young gun a chance, and what a great bench mark in Kimi.

And Leclerc to Ferrari... holy crap I cannot wait for 2019.

We're truly starting to see the youngsters take over now. In the last 2 seasons we've seen Rosberg, Button, Massa and Alonso all retire, and we're seeing Verstappen, Gasly, Leclerc, Norris, Sainz, Ocon (and hopefully still Vandoorne) all come through. Really exciting times.

fIsince08 said:
Damn. I might have to support Ferrari next year...
Well I might have to stop supporting Ferrari next year...

UP100 said:
fIsince08 said:
Damn. I might have to support Ferrari next year...
Well I might have to stop supporting Ferrari next year...
Hater!

Leclerc stopped following me on Twitter at some point, guess he doesn't need me now he's made it.

So excited though. I just hope Ferrari give him a fair shot and don't make him be Sebs number 2, he's too good for that.
This is a clear change for Ferrari though, as they normally don't sign young drivers.

I'm so glad they did this. I genuinely think Leclerc could beat Vettel from the start.

Didn't expect Kimi to sign for Sauber for 2 years, expected him to just leave. I do wonder if 2019 is 1 year early for Leclerc but time will tell. Should be fun to watch whatever happens.

It's all really interesting. I'm glad Kimi isn't retiring, but I still rather see him at Ferrari. I really hope Leclerc is ready, its going to be a great season. 

The other rumor is that Kimi is going to be an owner at Sauber, so that could be really interesting. 

Why on earth has Kimi joined Sauber? Maybe they are going to get even closer to Ferrari now. like a proper b-spec team. Can't imagine he's gonna be happy scrapping over 10th place..

Lukedfrt said:
Why on earth has Kimi joined Sauber? Maybe they are going to get even closer to Ferrari now. like a proper b-spec team. Can't imagine he's gonna be happy scrapping over 10th place..
He joined Sauber because he loves racing?

UP100 said:
Lukedfrt said:
He joined Sauber because he loves racing?
Maybe.. Sometimes it's best to go out on top though. 

I've been fortunate enough to recently land myself a job at a motorsport company (I'm not gonna say who because this is a public forum and I wanna keep it private...), but a couple of our team is off to the Singapore GP on a networking / business trip on Sunday, getting the full VIP treatment at a Turn 1 suite and all! Also very lucky gits!

Hoping I can be going there on business in a couple of years haha :p