The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

fIsince08 said:
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1040180023980744704
Here is a video version. 1m40s if that doesn't work.
https://youtu.be/zzJicWmy8dA?t=1m40s

F1 should have a street race at New York. Then I could watch F1 and meet the girl I'm talking to :love:

All the people they could have chosen, like what is the point, he won't get back to the big team which is what Torro Rosso is for.

What other options did they have, realistically? I thought they were very limited. 

Thing is, I don't think Kvyat is bad at all, he is talented enough to warrant a seat. But like you said Hughsey, if he isn't ever going to get back to red bull it's pointless. But I think if he performs well be can get back there, the Kvyat we saw at Toro Rosso in his first season was worthy of a bigger move so there's no reason he can't rekindle that. 

For Kvyat, at this point it's just about getting on to the grid. For Toro Rosso, it's filling up a gap until someone like Ticktum is ready. I do wonder how Buemi would've done, but whatever, I don't really care that much now that Toro Rosso didn't had exciting options to choose from to begin with.

Apparently Wehrlein is now in line for the seat, so Kvyat and Wehrlein with Hatley out the door?

Not a bad line up if that ends up being the case.

Wehrlein and Kvyat would be a pretty handy line up indeed. Hartley's shown he's not quite up to it, so I think Kvyat would be a better choice, although I still can't see what Toro Rosso would get out of it. Maybe they'd just use him for a year until Ticktum is ready.

They didn't want Ocon over his Mercedes-connection, I can't see why Wehrlein would be any different.

He isn't? Never knew that. Oh well, never mind then, Wehrlein back in.

I do think he's somewhat average though.

Nicholas Latifi will replace Perez for FP1 in Sochi.

Wonder if thats code from the team to the drivers shape up or ship out after the event at Singapore?

We might see Stroll and Latifi as team mates in 2019?

Jiggy said:

Well I mean Werhlein beat Ocon by one point /s

Honestly I can't say Werhlein is worse than Ocon though as I haven't really seen one being quicker.

I've always rated Wehrlein, and I remember saying after their half season at Manor together that I felt Wehrlein was stronger than Ocon. Saying that, Ocon has clearly raised his game massively since moving to Force India, but I would love to see what Wehrlein could have done there too. I genuinely think they'd be a very close match.

I really hope this Wehrlein / Toro Rosso rumour isn't just media crap and has some substance to it, because I really think Wehrlein deserves another shot at F1.

Werhlein always was quick, but his attitude stinks and that's why Force India took Ocon over him in the first place. Their mechanics actually threatened to leave if Werhlein got a seat.

Yep, that's the only issue I have with him. I didn't know the mechanics actually threatened to leave, that's new info to me!

Ah, Princess Pascal...

UP100 said:
Jiggy said:

Honestly I can't say Werhlein is worse than Ocon though as I haven't really seen one being quicker.
Ocon wasn't in the Manor-team when Wehrlein scored that point though. He stepped in half way through the season in a backmarker, whilst being over 6 foot tall, which caused problems as the car was designed for the relatively short, even for F1-standards, Haryanto and he kept up and then severely outpaced Wehrlein in very difficult conditions in Brazil. That, to me, showed that Ocon is a much bigger talent than Wehrlein.

Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:

Ocon wasn't in the Manor-team when Wehrlein scored that point though.
...Did you somehow miss the giant /s after "Well I mean Werhlein beat Ocon by one point"
...?

UP100 said:
Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:

...Did you somehow miss the giant /s after "Well I mean Werhlein beat Ocon by one point"
...?
I have no idea what that means.

Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:

...?
Well I mean it takes less than 10 seconds to search it up. It means sarcasm.

UP100 said:
Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:

...?
Takes less than 10 seconds to be an asshole too apparently. I assumed you mishit something on your keyboard or something, so I disregarded it.

Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:
UP100 said:
Jiggy said:

...?
Takes less than 10 seconds to be an **** too apparently. I assumed you mishit something on your keyboard or something, so I disregarded it.
Calling someone names isn't that nice. I had no intention to make you annoyed or anything.

Don't go complaining when your original comment wasn't needed in the first place...

MBKF1 said:
Don't go complaining when your original comment wasn't needed in the first place...
Sorry I wanted to voice my opinion about Ocon vs Werhlein and then just wanted to tell him what /s meant. I had no intention to annoy anyone and I didn't think people would think I was trying to act like a dick.

I'm also not trying to complain. I only mentioned that calling people names isn't that nice.

Passive-aggressively belittling someone for asking a question isn't nice either. In my eyes, you did that twice and could've easily answered the follow-up question without the snarky "it takes 10 seconds to google"-comment. I feel like you shouldn't be surprised I took it the way that I took it.

But whatever, I'm sure I've done that too at times in a natural way, so if you say you didn't mean to do that, then I'll believe you, apologize for calling you an *censored* and keep it moving.