The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

I've merged the two together, don't know why the old one disappeared but here we are!

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, fIsince08 said:

Congrats to the Toro Rosso Twitter guy/girl on owning me...

I assume it's this?

The new Rich energy sponsor for Haas is already saying we look forward to challenge Red bull this season.

They still have to get past Renault to mount any challenge for Red bull.

That's pretty optimistic, assuming we'll see actual Rich Energy-cans available for purchase in your local ASDA next to the Red Bulls this season, but go for it.

Did anybody watch the Williams documentary on BBC2? What a brilliant film that was!

• Agree 1

I watched it, it was brilliant! Much better than I was expecting it to be as well.

So many interesting things I found out from that. Interesting how much of a pain in the arse Nigel Mansell was to work with. Also I enjoyed how much it focused on Ginny's story and how everything has affected her. I also never knew that Peter Windsor was in that crash with Frank. Lucky to have walked away considering what happened to Frank.

• Agree 2

So this has nothing to do with any discussion you guys were having but - I was just thinking about the Red Bull livery and wanted to share it somewhere, also would like your opinions? 

So I think the livery will be their testing livery substituting the red parts for white but keeping the bull part red because.. if you think about it then we would have the teased white bit of the livery, their typical blue/navy colour and also the "red bull" still staying, well, red. It would be like the Japanese flag I guess...

I don't know why Williams insist on going down the whole "modern generic toothpaste packaging" with their livery every year but at least it's somewhat inoffensive looking and makes my teeth feel cleaner and whiter. I may even do without brush for the rest of my life and instead ritualistically stare at a 4x4 print-out of their cars as a way of dental hygiene. Hell, if I look at the Martini logo long enough I might even achieve inebriation through placebo. The wonders of the human brain.

• Haha 2

They've missed a trick there. They should've got Aquafresh on board to sponsor them, would've fit the livery perfectly!

2 hours ago, Mexicola said:

I don't know why Williams insist on going down the whole "modern generic toothpaste packaging" with their livery every year but at least it's somewhat inoffensive looking and makes my teeth feel cleaner and whiter. I may even do without brush for the rest of my life and instead ritualistically stare at a 4x4 print-out of their cars as a way of dental hygiene. Hell, if I look at the Martini logo long enough I might even achieve inebriation through placebo. The wonders of the human brain.

Where have you been Mexicola!! 

9 hours ago, Lukedfrt said:

Where have you been Mexicola!! 

Intensely studying the Williams livery, of course.

That all being said, I'm thinking of going to the British GP this year if I can spare the money. It's a big if though; costs slightly more than a week's wage, for Christ.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mexicola said:

Intensely studying the Williams livery, of course.

That all being said, I'm thinking of going to the British GP this year if I can spare the money. It's a big if though; costs slightly more than a week's wage, for Christ.

I was going to go last year, but as you say, the cost is insane! So i never bothered, don't think i'll be doing it this year either :classic_unsure: 

It's good to have you back btw!

I really hope you do manage to go. British Grand Prix is always such a good event.

I'm not planning on going this year (again, very expensive...), but I'm hopefully going to be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year with work, so fingers crossed!

Some of you may have seen this circulating on Twitter, but it's strongly rumoured that Ted Kravitz has been given the sack by the head of Sky Sports F1.

I really hope this isn't true. He's not everyone's favourite but I love him because he has got to where he is purely from his passion for the sport, and you can tell he just lives and breathes it. So many people involved in F1 television are ex-drivers, but he's a fresh change from that, and Sky F1 would be a lot worse off without him.

• Agree 1

On 2/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, MBKF1 said:

Some of you may have seen this circulating on Twitter, but it's strongly rumoured that Ted Kravitz has been given the sack by the head of Sky Sports F1.

I really hope this isn't true. He's not everyone's favourite but I love him because he has got to where he is purely from his passion for the sport, and you can tell he just lives and breathes it. So many people involved in F1 television are ex-drivers, but he's a fresh change from that, and Sky F1 would be a lot worse off without him.

I can't understand their thinking behind this, i'm pretty sure he was the most popular presenter on SkyF1!

Just watched that Williams film that was on BBC 2 a while ago.. good watch, i can't believe Frank Williams hasn't read his wife's book about life after the accident though! 

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable isn't it, he was only 4 years older than what my mum was. He was walking the track with Vettel yesterday as well. He did so much for the sport. I hope the drivers do something nice on Sunday as a tribute.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

Really thinking about getting Sky Q so I can watch F1 in 4k HDR. I wouldn't have to pay anything extra a month, but would have to have a Sky engineer come round.

• Like 1