The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

It must be the time for a 2015 Driver line up prediction! 4 races into the 2014 season...

Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen
Lotus: Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado
McLaren: Kevin Magnussen, Stoffel Vandoorne
Force India: Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez 
Sauber: Esteban Gutierrez, Sergey Sirotkin
Toro Rosso: Daniil Kvyat, Carlos Sainz Jr
Williams: Valtteri Bottas, Felipe Massa
Caterham: Marcus Ericsson, Will Stevens
Marussia: Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton
Haas: Alexander Rossi, really have no idea
I think Button at McLaren is a definite...

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg
Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo, Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen/Nico Hulkenberg if Kimi retires
Force India: Nico Hulkenberg/Kamui Kobayashi, Sergio Perez
Williams: Valterri Bottas,Felipe Massa
McLaren: Jenson Buttton, Kevin Magnussen
Toro Rosso: Daniil Kvyatt, Antonio Felix Da Costa/Carlos Sainz Jr
Lotus: Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado
Sauber: Jean-Eric Vergne, Sergey Sirotkin
(Caterham: Kamui Kobayashi/Esteban Gutierrez, Marcus Ericsson)
Marussia: Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton/Rodolfo Gonzalez
(Haas: Alexander Rossi, Rubens Barrichello/Pay driver)

Also, Honda is exclusive to McLaren and Mercedes won't supply Red Bull.

I'm more curious about where Haas is currently at with sponsors, parts and chassis, crew/personnel, etc. Drivers are the least of their concerns unless they get a pay driver.

Apparently Mercedes wanted Red Bull banned for no less than three races, plus a disqualification for a further six months, suspended for a year over the fuel issue.

Do you think Mercedes is feeling the pressure of the Red Bull cars gaining more speed each race?

Apparently Mercedes wanted Red Bull banned for no less than three races, plus a disqualification for a further six months, suspended for a year over the fuel issue.

Do you think Mercedes is feeling the pressure of the Red Bull cars gaining more speed each race?

Mercedes have reason to want Red Bull banned whether or not they feel threatened by them- less races = less points = lower championship position = less money. Also there will be situations where Merc have to get past Red Bull despite being much faster than them (e.g. Rosberg in China).

Red Bull cars gaining more speed each race? Please. They finished twenty-plus seconds behind the lead Mercedes in all four races this season- and Merc still have plenty of speed in the bag, as evidenced by the last twelve laps of Bahrain. Imagine them pushing at that pace for the entire race- they'd lap the entire field.

yugin96 said:

Mercedes have reason to want Red Bull banned whether or not they feel threatened by them- less races = less points = lower championship position = less money. Also there will be situations where Merc have to get past Red Bull despite being much faster than them (e.g. Rosberg in China).

Red Bull cars gaining more speed each race? Please. They finished twenty-plus seconds behind the lead Mercedes in all four races this season- and Merc still have plenty of speed in the bag, as evidenced by the last twelve laps of Bahrain. Imagine them pushing at that pace for the entire race- they'd lap the entire field.
This. 

Of course Merc will be keeping an eye on them, but I'd guess Red Bull are feeling much more pressure atm.

mike96 said:
Maybe it's too early but perhaps Red Bull have to worry about Alonso as well..
Depends on whether they can find a way to extract more power from the Renault engine before Ferrari gets round its own lack of top speed. When they manage to tailor the car to Raikkonen's liking I suspect he'll be bothering the Red Bulls too.

Yeah i doubt Merc will lap the field by the end of the year lol, seems Ricciardo has a better understanding of the car than Vettel in terms of getting the most speed out of it he was a second behind Alonso when they crossed the line.

yugin96 said:
Oh dear...

Hahaha, Jackie Stewart will be doing his Scottish nut being perceived and captioned as Bernie!  Good find :)

Nope. Red Bull are providing him with a new chassis if in their analysis they find an issue with the current one, just a pre-cautionary thing. Seems logical enough to me.

You mistake my purpose Prawn. Just addressing that solitary point :P As I'm seemingly the only Vettel fan on the forum, AMS aside, getting in to arguments is always going to be a losing battle. As a matter of fact the reason I've not rejoined in so long is simply because I didn't know it existed. Fortunately onetwothree made a forum link on his twitter timeline.