Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Yeah, most teams sit out the first half hour of FP1 anyway so it'll be good to tune in knowing you're hopefully going to get running straight away. The only negative I can think of is I can see circuits wanting to keep ticket prices the same despite there being less action, so fans at the tracks will get less for their money.

I would personally keep FP1 but reduce FP2 to 60 minutes. I don't like the idea of cutting it down to one session at all. Martin Brundle said about it yesterday on TV and I can't remember exactly what he said but I agreed with what he had to say. Something about F1 making money from the race promoters, which comes from fans buying tickets, and the TV companies. So having a session less would mean less TV time, which is worse for sponsors because obviously they want as much publicity as possible, and the fans see less too!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Practice isn't.

Plus teams do less running -> Less precise setup -> Slower lap times -> More boring racing 

Or that the bigger teams get more simulator work that the smaller ones can't match and the big teams pull further ahead.

mike96 said:
yugin96 said:
mike96 said:
The championship leader still hasn't won a race this year, 2010 anyone? :P
So Hamilton was upset for nothing in Monaco, and Australia was between Ricciardo and Magnussen then? :P
Rosberg didn't win a race while leading the championship ;)
Ahh. Sorry, I completely misunderstood your post, LOL.

Though you could say that Rosberg was joint-leader with the other 21 drivers before Australia :P

Max accelerated to the point where he was no longer in last place.

Lost control.
well he didn't start last to be fair as I think he out qualified the Caterham's didn't he
The Caterham had a grid penalty for changing the gearbox.
Pretty sure he out qualified Bianchi and both Caterhams in Canada before any penalties were given.

Platy said:

Lost control.
well he didn't start last to be fair as I think he out qualified the Caterham's didn't he
Pretty sure he out qualified Bianchi and both Caterhams in Canada before any penalties were given.
Yeh, because he was only 0.1 off making Q2. He was 18th, I think.

Platy said:

Lost control.
Yeah I thought he did as well

Platy said:

Lost control.
What do you mean you thought, check the F1 website :P

mike96 said:
Platy said:

Lost control.
What do you mean you thought, check the F1 website :P
actually I remember as I watched it

Strange that he suddenly woke up and left the hospital?
Not strange because that's obviously not what happened. His family and management wouldn't have wanted the attention of the world's press until they were sure he was fully clear of needing medical attention in a hospital.

yugin96 said:
Not strange because that's obviously not what happened. His family and management wouldn't have wanted the attention of the world's press until they were sure he was fully clear of needing medical attention in a hospital.
Indeed, don't forget the rumors about Schumacher waking started a few days ago.

mike96 said:
yugin96 said:
Never heard any rumors like that.

mike96 said:
yugin96 said:
Never heard any rumors like that.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10897795/Michael-Schumacher-moved-to-rehab-ward.html

Happy to hear this! It's been a bit worrying the last couple of months getting practically no news. I'm not sure about you guys, but it lead me to believe that he was going to be in the coma for even longer still. 

Lets just hope his rehabilitation goes smoothly and we get to see him hanging out in the F1 paddock again as soon as he can :)

Happy to hear this! It's been a bit worrying the last couple of months getting practically no news. I'm not sure about you guys, but it lead me to believe that he was going to be in the coma for even longer still. 

Lets just hope his rehabilitation goes smoothly and we get to see him hanging out in the F1 paddock again as soon as he can :)
What worried me was that a former F1 doctor said that after six months (or something like that), virtually 0% of patients still in a coma will eventually wake up. So presumably he'd come out of the coma a little while back?

• The topic was pinned