Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

VetteIfan said:
Juice29 said:
Why not? New super license regs are to make sure drivers earn thier way to the top and talent is prioritised over money which can only be good for the sport.
Under the system that is run, drivers such as Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel, Raikkonen, Ricciardo, Button (to name a few) would never have made their debut when they did under the super license points system that exists now. Using equivelant series of course to what exists nowadays. 

It's quite ironic actually out of the 9 drivers on the grid this year who wouldn't have made it with this regulation in place, 4 of them became world champion and 6 of them are race winners. Two of them are only making their debut this year, so we can't judge them yet. So that just leaves Ericcson as the only current driver on the grid who you could say this regulation would've been suitable for in the quest for looking for "talent over money". 

It's a regulation that has good intentions but hasn't really been thought through. 
Having thought about this for 'several' days I think that the FIA is trying to streamline the way to the top of single seater car racing just look at euro F3 many many people wanted to enter this year. Also I can see why WSR got a lesser 'points' rating probably because GP2/GP3 is owned by the same people as Formula 1 or the FIA is trying to make room for a new Formula 2 category  
I've just thought, Lewis Hamilton keeps up his record of being the only driver on the grid to have won a race in every season he has raced in. 9 consecutive seasons now, very impressive.
Respectable acheivement, but not an entirely difficult one. In 7 out of the 8 previous seasons his teammate at the time won at least one race too. 
VetteIfan said:
I've just thought, Lewis Hamilton keeps up his record of being the only driver on the grid to have won a race in every season he has raced in. 9 consecutive seasons now, very impressive.
Respectable acheivement, but not an entirely difficult one. In 7 out of the 8 previous seasons his teammate at the time won at least one race too. 
Shusshh don't undermine Hammy like that :p
  • UP100 pinned this topic