Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Wouldn't mind either of those happening. I'm all for 18" rims and Imola coming back. However, I'd rather it was on a shared sort of deal with Monza, like Hockenheim and Nurburgring did for a few years.
I would love to see Imola back on the calendar but not at the sake of Monza. So maybe have them alternate or if Monza stays Imola could be a good European GP venue.

18" wheels would be fine too, any of the arguments against them that I've seen purely come from an aesthetic opinion. Most the data I've seen comparing the 13s and the 18s show that the 18" wheels are faster so I'm all for that.
There should be a European GP, Asian GP and North American GP. All of which is a different venue each year.Example, European GP could be Imola, Turkey, Magny-Cours, Jerez, etc.

Adds a bit of a difference to the schedule and doesn't force tracks to pay £1bn to FOM and get locked into an 20 year contract that will bankrupt them.
Wish they could go back to Magny-Cours. It's got the FIA Grade 1 license to hold F1, but it's just down to the money.

I watched some old races and on boards from there from the mid 2000s, and man, the track is so damn fast!
In case you didn't know, Esso are running a thing where you can get Murray Walker to read out your tweet! You have to include #MurrayYourTweet in it.

I went for this:
'Last night was incredible, banter was on point, and had a cheeky nando's with the lads to top it all off #MurrayYourTweet'
Platy said:
There should be a European GP, Asian GP and North American GP. All of which is a different venue each year.Example, European GP could be Imola, Turkey, Magny-Cours, Jerez, etc.

Adds a bit of a difference to the schedule and doesn't force tracks to pay £1bn to FOM and get locked into an 20 year contract that will bankrupt them.
Best idea I've heard regarding F1 in a very long time. 
I'm not.

But, I did go to Goodwood on Friday and I absolutely loved it! I'm away from home at the moment but when I get back I'll do a longer write up about it and at a later date I'll post up some images, as you could get so close to the cars and there were no stupid safety barriers to get in the way of your shots!
Driver coaching and aids are to be restricted further from the Belgian GP, brining back totally manual starts. The 2017 changes could come in sooner, qualy could be changed completely and they may bring in a short race on Saturday.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-set-for-driver-aids-clampdown-from-belgian-gp
God I hope the last one doesn't happen!
The strategy group didn't conduct the survey, of course they still could have utilized the results. 

I I don't get retroactively changing the rules by Spa that seems pointless and unfair. While qualifying shouldn't change at least their proposal is interesting although it's unnecessary. And the reserve driver race, again interesting, serves no purpose in improving F1 at all. 

Tyre jokers is another interesting but completely wrong way to go about it. But at least wider tyres and cars are up for consideration. 

It it just seems like they indentured things that needed changes and choose the absolute worst idea for how it should change. 
  • UP100 pinned this topic