Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Okay, so I'm now allowed to reveal the reason why I can't run the predictor game anymore. Formula Update has joined the Fresh Press media group and has been renamed Read Motorsport. It's a big move, as I now have to write two articles a week and we get access to Getty Images, which we previously didn't. Even better, we may now get invited to media events, such as press conferences, shows (like the Autosport Show) and so on as journalists!

fIsince08 said:
Okay, so I'm now allowed to reveal the reason why I can't run the predictor game anymore. Formula Update has joined the Fresh Press media group and has been renamed Read Motorsport. It's a big move, as I now have to write two articles a week and we get access to Getty Images, which we previously didn't. Even better, we may now get invited to media events, such as press conferences, shows (like the Autosport Show) and so on as journalists!
Congrats!

Kimi being retained is a good thing, and a sensible decision by Ferrari. With Bottas out of a contract at the end of next year it means Ferrari can analyse him for another year to not only make a more informed decision on him, but also a cheaper one as well. Plus the likes of Sainz and Verstappen might float on to their radar with another year of experience under their belt. I still think Ricciardo is Ferrari's ultimate target, but for at least the medium term future he looks to be unattainable. 

The driver who this is worst for is Hulkenberg, he was their only option this year that is proven and came without a hefty buy out of his contract, and he's been overlooked. Again. It seems he will never get a top drive. 

The FIA are at it again with the Pit to driver communication ban and have released 31 allowed messages for 2016

- Indication of a critical problem with the car, e.g. puncture warning or damage 
- Indication of a problem with a competitor's car
- Instruction to enter the pit lane in order to fix or retire the car
- Marshalling information (yellow/red flag, start aborted or similar instruction from race control)
- Wet track, oil or debris in certain corners
- Instructions to swap position with other drivers
- Acknowledgement that a driver message has been heard 
- Lap or sector time detail 
- Lap time detail of a competitor 
- Gaps to a competitor during a practice session or race 
- “Push hard”, “push now”, “you will be racing xx” or similar 
- Helping with warning of traffic during a practice session or race 
- Giving the gaps between cars in qualifying so as to better position the car
- Tyre choice at the next pit stop 
- Number of laps a competitor has done on a set of tyres during a race 
- Tyre specification of a competitor 
- Information concerning a competitor's likely race strategy 
- Safety Car window 
- Driving breaches by driver or competitor, e.g. missing chicanes, track limits, penalty etc
- Notification that DRS is enabled or disabled 
- Dealing with a DRS system failure 
- Change of front wing position at the next pit stop 
- Oil transfer 
- When to enter the pits 
- Reminders to check for white lines, bollards, weighbridge lights when entering or leaving the pits 
- Reminders about track limits 
- Passing on messages from race control 
- Information concerning damage to the car 
- Number of laps remaining 
- Test sequence information during practice sessions, e.g. aero-mapping 
- Weather information

Link

I read this on Autosport, and the first 6 have this message: these are the only messages that may be passed to the driver whilst he is in the car and on the track, from the time the car leaves the garage for the first time after the pit lane is open on the day of the race until the start of the race.

That surely means that nothing has changed for those 6?

@RevolvingPrawn Bloody hell, is that actually him? Could have chose a better newspaper :joy: Someone should sign up to post on the article and get Rohan to reply Edit: what's wrong with this forum today? Anyway that's not actually him, still funny though https://mobile.twitter.com/rbanerjee23

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Bloody hell, is that actually him? Could have chose a better newspaper :joy: Someone should sign up to post on the article and get Rohan to reply Edit: what's wrong with this forum today? Anyway that's not actually him, still funny though https://mobile.twitter.com/rbanerjee23
I posted that ages ago dude :p But yea, not him, just thought it was kinda funny ;)

They might go with Mercedes-engines next season, so we'll have some fun with Renault-Mercedes in 2016.
Maldonado seems to retain his seat, so that sucks. But Grosjean will have some fantastic Renault backing and hopefully it'll see him compete for wins and titles, he has the speed and talent to become a champion.

• UP100 pinned this topic