Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

mike96 said:
He's talking about the ICE, it's the ERS that's holding them back 
That's what's being said. But ultimately the ICE is still the major contributor of horsepower in the power unit. Having a 2.4 second deficit solely down to the ERS is a bit far fetched imo. Of course the chassis has its deficiencies too, but how much compared to the Red Bull is difficult to tell. 

I personally don't "ridicule" Hamilton really, I just generally don't like his celebrity life style. I mean he is free to do as he wishes, I am not going to abuse him for doing so. I just like racing drivers to act like racing drivers and not celebrities. Same with footballers too. I like a professional that gets his head down and gets on with it, I respect that. When was the last time we heard about Vettel's private life other than his wife/girlfriend being pregnant? I don't think we have, much. 

With Lewis it sometimes looks like he uses racing as a platform to be a celebrity rather than because he really loves racing. Of course he loves racing, but it just looks like that half the time. The amount of times you see him in the US with his rapper mates or in Las Vegas doing something or other. Or we hear about his celebrity girlfriend constantly (Nicole shirtslinger). 

Maybe it's just me, I'm personally not a fan of it.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of what he gets up to, like hanging out with celebs, rappers, and doing the whole celebrity thing, but at the same time I certainly  wouldn't call him out on it. Its his life, if that's what he wants to do with it then who are we to judge right? The fact that he's used his natural talent to get himself to that position, the position that he wants to be in, to me is commendable.

Kinda funny how you say you don't ridicule him though, and then one post later do exactly that.

As for his hair, he can have it whatever colour he wants. I once had my hair in bright red dreadlocks for a year so him dying it blonde isn't that big of a deal in my books. This reminds me of the whole thing when Posh Spice cut her hair short, or when Miley Cyrus went from long haired brunette to short haired blonde, seriously, who the hell gives a damn about someone's hair? Maybe you guys should post pictures of your hair so that all of us here can judge yours? 

naaaa bud, but I aint got a short memory tho, vettel is fair game to be mocked on here yet as soon as someone pokes fun at the king of cool (that's spells koc never noticed that) its deemed unfair. lighten up man its just a bit fun. if I dyed my hair blonde my m8s would mock me and rightly so. gotta learn to laugh at yourself man. if rosberg dyed his black and grew an afro he'd get mocked too.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of what he gets up to, like hanging out with celebs, rappers, and doing the whole celebrity thing, but at the same time I certainly  wouldn't call him out on it. Its his life, if that's what he wants to do with it then who are we to judge right? The fact that he's used his natural talent to get himself to that position, the position that he wants to be in, to me is commendable.

Kinda funny how you say you don't ridicule him though, and then one post later do exactly that.

As for his hair, he can have it whatever colour he wants. I once had my hair in bright red dreadlocks for a year so him dying it blonde isn't that big of a deal in my books. This reminds me of the whole thing when Posh Spice cut her hair short, or when Miley Cyrus went from long haired brunette to short haired blonde, seriously, who the hell gives a damn about someone's hair? Maybe you guys should post pictures of your hair so that all of us here can judge yours? 
Come on Prawn. This is why forums exist, to judge things :P Sure Lewis Hamilton's hair colour is of little care or importance, but while this is an F1 forum and he is in F1, anything he or any other driver does is going to appear and be discussed here. 

• UP100 pinned this topic