Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

This is a great article explaining why the Mercs are so fast, and why McLaren were so slow last year using the same engine but using different fuel due to contracts.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32420/9983506/fuelling-f1s-battle-for-engine-supremacy-in-2015
Hughesy said:
This is a great article explaining why the Mercs are so fast, and why McLaren were so slow last year using the same engine but using different fuel due to contracts.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32420/9983506/fuelling-f1s-battle-for-engine-supremacy-in-2015
Great article. I think if one good thing can be said about this era of F1 is that the way technologies interact with each other has been really innovative. Mercedes has really figured out not just how to go fast, but more how each individual system in the car has to interact perfectly with each other to achieve the best result.
Renault have confirmed Grosjean won't be at the team next season, nailed on to be a seat at Haas. My predictions then are:

Merc: HAM/ROS
Ferrari: VET/RAI
Williams: MAS/BOT
Red Bull: RIC/KVY
Force India: HUL/PER
Renault: MAL/VER
Toro Rosso: VES/SAI
McLaren: ALO/MAG
Manor: STE/WER
Haas: GRO/GUT
fIsince08 said:
Renault have confirmed Grosjean won't be at the team next season, nailed on to be a seat at Haas. My predictions then are:

Merc: HAM/ROS
Ferrari: VET/RAI
Williams: MAS/BOT
Red Bull: RIC/KVY
Force India: HUL/PER
Renault: MAL/VER
Toro Rosso: VES/SAI
McLaren: ALO/MAG
Manor: STE/WER
Haas: GRO/GUT
Source?
Cyril Abiteboul said it to Canal +
For some reason I think Perez might end up at Renault next season. And a fine acquisition it would be too, I think he's been one of the overlooked stars of this season so far. It would also beatifully open up a place at Force India for Wehrlein if Mercedes' decide he's ready. 

Also, I'm not completley sure that Magnussen will end up at Mclaren next season if Button retires. It's a tough problem when they have two great drivers on the sidelines, but I don't see how they can leave Vandoorne waiting with the way he's obliterated the GP2 field this year. 
Seeing Rossi beat Stevens made me happy. Seeing him turning in consistently faster laps by a fair amount also made me happy. As an American, I would love to see Grosjean and Rossi paired up at Haas F1 next season. I don't think it's going to happen, but it would be nice to see an American racing in F1 again (provided the driver is talented enough to compete).
Yeah Rossi was actually very impressive today I thought, I thought he'd be a bit behind Stevens but he was quite comfortably ahead of him. Also his first time in an F1 car in a heck of a long time, and at Singapore, so a good effort. He sure deserves the rest of the races he's doing this season to prove himself, and hopefully he can get a drive next year.
Maldonado is such a missed opportunity. He's got so much raw speed that he could be successful, but if he was going to learn how to stop making mistakes he would have done by now. A couple of years ago I was happy to see him resigned in the hope he could finally finish some races and prove people wrong, but its just not going to happen
  • UP100 pinned this topic