Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Only managed to score 4 points in 7 years in DTM, spent 4 years as a development driver for a team that signed/used her for publicity. When was the last time this much fuss was made about a male driver with the same sort of record she has? Probably never. Good riddance to her. Women are only necessary in the sport if they are talented enough to warrant a seat. She didn't deserve a test driver role never mind a race seat.
Yeah she didn't really win much in her career did she? It's a bit like Carmen Jorda at Lotus, has an abysmal GP3 record yet has got herself there.

Saying that, I would love to see a female driver race in an F1 race at some point, I'm sure it will happen sometime.
Red Bull are sorted apparently: http://thejudge13.com/2015/11/05/exclusive-red-bull-secure-an-engine-for-2016/
Toro Rosso will use the 2015Ferrari power unit, whilst Red Bull will design their own "Infiniti" power unit. Basically, Red Bull have built an engine base at their factory where Mario Illien has been working on the Renault power unit.

So, Red Bull will have the upgraded 2015 Renault engine with tuning by Illien. It'll be coupled with a Red Bull designed ERS system.
MBKF1 said:
Hmm, I'm absolutely not believing that until I see that story published on a well respected F1 site like Autosport or Motorsport.com.
Agreed, we can't trust Chris now that he's a journo ;)
Exactly! As I said a couple of weeks ago, he is turning into MonsieurF1since08! ;)

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/reserve-test-development-drivers/stoffel-vandoorne/the-unstoffable-stoffel-vandoorne/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=StoffelVandoorneQA

So Stoffel Vandoorne is the McLaren reserve driver for 2016, just reading this little article on the McLaren website and came across this questionL

'Q: Would you rather be racing next year than be on the sidelines?'

What do they expect him to say? 'Oh no actually I'm really happy that after dominating GP2 I'm now stuck without a race seat and I'm reserve driver at this joke of a team'.

If he doesn't get a race seat in Formula 1 for 2017 then something is not right, this dude needs to be in F1.

I think that Maldonado did deserve his break in F1 (he won GP2 after all), but shouldn't be there any more. After 5 years he has been pretty average, and he still continues to amaze me with his silly crashes and spins.

The thing that confuses me about him though is how calm and controlled his win in Spain in 2012 was. He was a completely different man that day, crazy fast, didn't crack under pressure, it was so odd.

I'd also argue that Perez is perhaps a pay driver due to his Telmex backing, but he definitely should be on the grid.

I think that Ericsson, Maldonado and Gutierrez shouldn't be on the grid next year. There are definitely other drivers who I think deserve a place instead (such as Vandoorne, Magnussen and Vergne come to mind).

Also want to wait and see how Nasr does in his second year before making up my mind on him, and also how Palmer does next year.
MBKF1 said:
I think that Maldonado did deserve his break in F1 (he won GP2 after all), but shouldn't be there any more. After 5 years he has been pretty average, and he still continues to amaze me with his silly crashes and spins.

The thing that confuses me about him though is how calm and controlled his win in Spain in 2012 was. He was a completely different man that day, crazy fast, didn't crack under pressure, it was so odd.

I'd also argue that Perez is perhaps a pay driver due to his Telmex backing, but he definitely should be on the grid.

I think that Ericsson, Maldonado and Gutierrez shouldn't be on the grid next year. There are definitely other drivers who I think deserve a place instead (such as Vandoorne, Magnussen and Vergne come to mind).

Also want to wait and see how Nasr does in his second year before making up my mind on him, and also how Palmer does next year.
I'd go with that. It took Nasr a long time to get a win in GP2, so another year in F1 seems fair.

I'm also turning into a fan of Rossi so maybe I'm biased :p 
Rossi is doing a solid job so far, matching Stevens and beating him at times, I think he deserves a full season next year.

I will always support the British drivers, but aside from them I think my other two favourite drivers are Ricciardo and Verstappen. Ricciardo because he is so damn happy all the time, seems like a top bloke, superb social media videos and he's fast, and Verstappen, mainly because he's the first driver to be younger than me, as well as being quick and a future winner/champion.
fIsince08 said:
Quick question, who, out of the pay drivers on the grid, actually deserves a shot in F1? I'd argue that Maldonado, Gutierrez and Rossi all deserve a shot (though maybe not two for Gutierrez). Thoughts?
Maldonado won the GP2-championship, so deserved at least a shot. Gutierrez was way too young and it showed. Rossi doesn't, but he's an insignificant driver at an insignificant team, so I couldn't really care less if I tried. As for who deserves to be in right now? None of them really. Maldonado, despite being a race winner, is a joke of a driver. Gutierrez is about as interesting as a late 90's Sauber-lineup and Rossi always felt lightweight compared to the real talented drivers who were his rivals in GP2.
Btw, I just really want to say that Lewis is really starting to annoy the **** out of me with his recent talk about Senna this, Senna that. I'm expecting him to get visions from man from the dead any day now.

"Senna went over the limit and was involved in controversial incidents many times, what'd you think about that Lewis?"
"Oh, I'm sure that's like his Brazilian spirit coming out. We always had a connection, I always felt we were similiar."

Just come out and say you think you have Senna's dead spirit inside of you when you race, so I can officially call you insane. Dear God, he's going to be the absolute worst if he wins again next season.
But when Vettel does the same thing with Schumi it's ok. 
You must be joking. Vettel has made it clear that Schumi was is hero but nowhere near to the level where he wanted to emulate him just has Hamilton has expressed at every opportunity he gets. Vettel's made it clear he wants to be the "new Vettel" rather than the "new Schumacher". Idolisation and outright comparison are two totally different things.

I'm sorry but if you seriously believe that Vettel does the same thing with Michael you are truly delusional.
Mexicola said:
But when Vettel does the same thing with Schumi it's ok. 
You must be joking. Vettel has made it clear that Schumi was is hero but nowhere near to the level where he wanted to emulate him just has Hamilton has expressed at every opportunity he gets. Vettel's made it clear he wants to be the "new Vettel" rather than the "new Schumacher". Idolisation and outright comparison are two totally different things.

I'm sorry but if you seriously believe that Vettel does the same thing with Michael you are truly delusional.
Yeah I have never heard Vettel talk about Schumacher in the same way that Lewis has about Senna.

I like Lewis but as Jiggy said, it's getting a bit too much now, like the whole 'taking on the baton' and running for him and Ayrton, it's stupid really.

Just imagine when he equals Senna's pole positions...
  • UP100 pinned this topic