Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

SynGamer said:
MBKF1 said:
Probably the best F1 story of the year so far if this turns out to happen!
I was just going to post a similar comment. I'm surprised Maldonado was around for as long as he was considering the number of incidents he had.
I'm sure I read recently that in the last 5 years, he's had double the amount of penalties as any other driver. Crazy, and of course the multiple crashes he's had. Magnussen replacing him will be fantastic, and completely deserved.

The thing that will always confuse me about Maldonado though will be his Spain 2012 win. He was like a completely different man that weekend, controlled, calm, supremely quick, and yet that never happened again. So strange.
MBKF1 said:
The thing that will always confuse me about Maldonado though will be his Spain 2012 win. He was like a completely different man that weekend, controlled, calm, supremely quick, and yet that never happened again. So strange.
And most importantly it cost Alonso the title :trollface: 

Having being unceremoniously dropped from McLaren, I'm glad Magnussen is going to get his second chance in F1. Although I'd say he's going to have to destroy Palmer next year to cement his future. While Palmer is quick I think most people will be expecting Magnussen to win that battle, and not doing so will only raise the stock of Palmer instead of him. 
According to Autosport, the deal is done for Magnussen to go to Renault. Just waiting for official confirmation.

However, I'm happy to believe that anyway as Autosport is always a very reliable source. They wouldn't say that for the sake of it.
APR193 said:
Pastor easily had the pure pace to stay in F1 until he retired, but never even showed signs of learning how to keep it out of the fence, or another car. Shame as he could have been really good, long overstayed his welcome though.
Yeah I agree I think Pastor was fast enough to be competitive but not clean enough. He clearly didn't seem to realise the idea of the sport is to overtake by going around the cars ahead of you not up the exhaust pipe.
  • UP100 pinned this topic