Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Rachelm said:
Hughesy said:
Laziness x1000000 :joy: :flushed: 

https://twitter.com/rachelbrookestv/status/702420490648993792
Saw this the other day!

Definitely one way to walk your dog.... although the poor thing looks like he's about to collapse :neutral: 
Those dogs always look like that :p 
I thought he was on about Hamilton :joy: 

Mexicola said:
Mexicola said:
VetteIfan said:
1) Hamilton

2) Ferrari
3) Williams
4) Force India
5) Toro Rosso
6) Red Bull
7) McLaren
8) Haas
9) Sauber
10) Manor

11) Renault
FIFY
FIFY.
FIFY
Surprised that you guys are so quick to write off this year's championship. Ferrari were only 0.35 a lap off in race trim at Abu Dhabi towards the end of last season (in the hands of their slower driver), and only 0.2 off in Brazil. And now with a new car with what they call themselves a radical concept, you think that gap is going to have increased by so much?

Mercedes have shown they're (very) reliable so far, which isn't exactly a shocker considering it's an evolutionary update of an already very reliable car. Pace wise we have no idea of anything, yet. Especially considering that both teams are nowhere near their Melbourne spec cars.

fIsince08 said:
The new qualifying system might work with the harder tyres in 2017. On a track like Mexico though where everyone will run ultrasofts, it isn't going to do anything as the tyre will be dead after one lap.
I have a feeling the hard tyres are going to become almost obsolete this season, other than at really high degradation tracks like Sepang. With two other compounds to choose from now they're just gonna be too slow to justify using, and if they're one of the compounds put aside by Pirelli for the race I'm pretty sure most teams will go for the other obligated compound. 

As as a side note, now that there's 3 different tyre compounds at each weekend, does anyone have any idea what they are going to call the tyres at each race? Option, Prime and... SuperPrime? 

VetteIfan said:
fIsince08 said:
The new qualifying system might work with the harder tyres in 2017. On a track like Mexico though where everyone will run ultrasofts, it isn't going to do anything as the tyre will be dead after one lap.
I have a feeling the hard tyres are going to become almost obsolete this season, other than at really high degradation tracks like Sepang. With two other compounds to choose from now they're just gonna be too slow to justify using, and if they're one of the compounds put aside by Pirelli for the race I'm pretty sure most teams will go for the other obligated compound. 

As as a side note, now that there's 3 different tyre compounds at each weekend, does anyone have any idea what they are going to call the tyres at each race? Option, Prime and... SuperPrime? 
Thought their calling it Ultrasoft?

VetteIfan said:
fIsince08 said:

Thought their calling it Ultrasoft?
No you misunderstood. What I mean is under the new tyre rules they're going to be taking 3 types of tyre compound to each race, instead of 2. In the past the softer of the two tyres was referred to as "option" and the harder of the two tyres was referred to as "prime" at a race weekend. Now there's 3 tyre compounds at each weekend I don't know what they're going to call the third type of tyre.

It's not really an important question, just something that came to my head when thinking about it. 

VetteIfan said:
SynGamer said:
Jiggy said:
Yeah, fine by me. Got to keep the fun in F1 somehow this season.
Just made the league: http://badgergp.com/fantasygp/friends/
Passcode is 1276176
Count me in. Hopefully some more people sign up, looks pretty fun. 
We still have some time to spread the word. Kind of hoping other people in the prediction game join.

• UP100 pinned this topic