Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1kj0E93JA

This just in: Bernie's new cost-cutting idea sees F1 teams delivering their cars via surfboards.
I think you can tell that advert is made by people who have no idea about F1 or it's fans. Super cringey!

As for the livery, they've basically gone from all black, to all yellow. Boring as hell, there's no creativity in it whatsoever.
They could have done so much better with it, now it needs more black! I continually find myself disappointed by F1 livery designs. Haas was dreary, Red Bull could have done better too I think.
In other news, I've just noticed something about this photo.

It's very cool, quite striking, but I'm pretty sure this shows Alonso driving the wrong way around Turn 2 at Barcelona. I've had a look a few times now and I'm sure it's this turn, judging by the run off on the inside (with the speed humps) and the grandstand in the background.
That is bloody stupid, what's even more stupid is he isn't getting into trouble over it as "there's not enough evidence" lol, how much more evidence do they need than a video showing him doing it? If that was a normal person they would get done for it....

1. Other than Mercedes, which teams will win races this year?
Ferrari.

2. What will be the best result for Haas?
9th place.

3. Who will score more points: Max Verstappen or Nico Hulkenberg?
Verstappen

4. Which team will score more points: McLaren or Renault?
McLaren

5. Which driver will out-qualify his team mate most frequently?
Vettel 

6. Will Kimi Raikkonen remain on the grid for 2017?
Yes

7. How many of the 11 teams will score points?
10, I don't see Manor scoring.

8. Before the season ends, will Monza be confirmed as the host of the 2017 Italian Grand Prix?
Yes

9. Who will win the FIA pole position trophy?
Hamilton

10. Who will be the first driver to be replaced or substituted for a race?
No one will be replaced because of performance. 

11. And who will take their place?
No one.

12. Which driver will collect the most penalty points for driving infringements?
Haryanto 

13. Who will win the Monaco Grand Prix?
Hamilton

14. Who will crash out of the most races?
Haryanto

15. Whose engines will Red Bull use in 2017?
Honda

16. At which race will the drivers’ championship be decided?
Second last one

17. What will be the biggest political story of the year?
A team will fall out with their engine supplier - likely Red Bull.

18. What will be the most entertaining race of the year?
Brazil

19. Who will win the Constructors Championship?
Mercedes

20. Who will win the Drivers Championship?
Hamilton - unfortunately. I want to see someone else win really, don't care who.
Hughesy said:
That is bloody stupid, what's even more stupid is he isn't getting into trouble over it as "there's not enough evidence" lol, how much more evidence do they need than a video showing him doing it? If that was a normal person they would get done for it....
There is nothing that annoys me more than seeing celebrities getting away with crimes where other people would be done. Justin Beiber is probably one of the worst for that.
AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
There is nothing that annoys me more than seeing celebrities getting away with crimes where other people would be done. Justin Beiber is probably one of the worst for that.
I agree, really stupid of him to do something like this. This supports my opinion that Hamilton is the Beiber of F1
Hughesy said:
Yep, absolutely crazy isn't. A video of him doing it isn't enough evidence? Ridiculous.

I like Hamilton as a driver, and it's cool him showing us his extravagant lifestyle, but things like this make him look like a right nob.

I hope the media roast him about it tomorrow at the media day for the Grand Prix.
Red Bull and Aston Martin are teaming up. It's mainly Red Bull lending Aston Adrian Newey to create a new car, but Red Bull will be running Aston Martin logo's on the car.

Damn, I just wish Aston Martin would enter F1 themselves - that or Team Lotus. I can dream can't I?
If they do make a chicane then I'd hope they make one that doesn't interfere with the current corner so they can still use it for Formula 1. Perhaps something like this.

Something like this would hopefully work, so there's still plenty of run off for the bikes at the chicane (they'd use the current track), and then the chicane would just go into the current gravel trap. 
  • UP100 pinned this topic