Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

I know, I know, it's The Sun. But...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/f1/7032394/Bernie-Ecclestone-set-to-sell-Formula-One-as-he-agrees-6billion-deal.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-SunSport-_-20160328-_-Sport-_-410036875-_-Imageandlink

Jiggy said:
fIsince08 said:
Reports are going round that the Las Vegas Grand Prix will replace the Italian GP next year...
What in the blue hell is the Las Vegas Grand Prix?
A few traffic cones in the car park of the Bellagio. Everyone thinks Hamilton has won the race but really George Clooney won two days before in an elaborate heist.

'We are delighted to announce that the McLaren Honda Formula 1 World Championship Racing Team's reserve driver, Stoffel Vandoorne, will be driving in the place of Grand Prix world champion Fernando Alonso at the 2016 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix'.

Johnny Herbert wrote this about Alonso; http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24184/10225138/fernando-alonso-should-retire-says-sky-sports-f1s-johnny-herbert

So, live on Sky Sports television, Fernando approached JH and responded in kind. https://streamable.com/z2kp

I've never liked Johnny Herbert's punditry, I'm sure I've mentioned it countless times here before, so I'm so happy Fernando did that.

What makes it even better is Fernando made sure that they were live on TV so that everyone would see it, which makes is 10x funnier.

What is it about me loving all these ex-world champions Alonso and Vettel recently? You can't help but like them now!

I'm no fan of Nando, but that was the greatest 15 seconds of television to ever be broadcast on Sky Sports F1.

The funniest part about it was how Herbert just tried to brush if off and pretend he didn't care despite the fact he'd just been given a 3rd degree burn. The man belongs nowhere near the title of "expert pundit". 

The more I watch that clip the better it gets. Fernando was completely brilliant in all that, the handshake, the perfect comment, and then seeing Herbert's reaction when he stepped back and literally said 'ok thanks'. Just pure brilliance.

I'm liking DC and Webber on Channel 4 and it's coverage is great too. Haven't heard the commentary yet but hopefully its better than Brundle and Crofty.

Havin gwatched the BBC coverage of a race I'd have t oasy I prefer the Sky coverage over the BBC/Channel 4 team but seeing as I can't afford Sky any more I'm having to make do with C4 but then I guess it gives me a reason to watch that channel I suppose.

• UP100 pinned this topic