Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Is JEV's time at Toro Rosso up? I know he's been unlucky this season, but Kvyatt does seem the better driver and that is sort of the point of Toro Rosso. Da Costa there next season and Vergne to Sauber?
fIsince08 said:
Is JEV's time at Toro Rosso up? I know he's been unlucky this season, but Kvyatt does seem the better driver and that is sort of the point of Toro Rosso. Da Costa there next season and Vergne to Sauber?
He seems like a very good driver, deserves to stay in F1 but Kvyatt is something else. 
fIsince08 said:
That's if Sauber even makes the grid next year.

Seriously, they're in the [watch your language please Mex - Lee]  at this juncture. Not only have they been passed by Marussia in the WCC, they're under threat from Caterham as well. Ericssons's 11th place equaled Sauber's best finish, so if they pick up another 12th place then Caterham will be ahead of Sauber on countback.

Given the team's financial state, this race has probably sealed their fate and signed their bankruptcy notice. Both Sutil and Gutierrez were in a position to score points and they screwed up big time.
I am worried for Sauber, great team and have given many good drivers their break into F1 such as Massa, Raikkonen, Heidfeld etc. 
Both drivers now behind Ericsson as well. What are the chances of Haas buying Sauber? Already has everything in place.

I really do hope Kvyat wins stuff, the Russian anthem is awesome. 

For next season, what are the chances of Hulkenberg to McLaren, Bianchi to Force India? 
AMS97KRR said:
I am worried for Sauber, great team and have given many good drivers their break into F1 such as Massa, Raikkonen, Heidfeld etc. 
Both drivers now behind Ericsson as well. What are the chances of Haas buying Sauber? Already has everything in place.

For next season, what are the chances of Hulkenberg to McLaren, Bianchi to Force India? 
Sure Haas ruled out buying a team a month or so ago. Think he's planning running the operation out of the US for whatever reason

Mexicola said:
fIsince08 said:
That's if Sauber even makes the grid next year.

Seriously, they're in the [watch your language please Mex - Lee]  at this juncture. Not only have they been passed by Marussia in the WCC, they're under threat from Caterham as well. Ericssons's 11th place equaled Sauber's best finish, so if they pick up another 12th place then Caterham will be ahead of Sauber on countback.

Given the team's financial state, this race has probably sealed their fate and signed their bankruptcy notice. Both Sutil and Gutierrez were in a position to score points and they screwed up big time.
would think they'll pick up points at some stage so I don't think they'll be behind Marrussia for long at least at the end of the season would expect they'll take their spot back ahead of them
AMS97KRR said: 
Very slim I would've thought. If Mclaren wanted to get the Incredible Hulk he would've signed last year. Mclaren have now promoted Magnussen and have Vandoorne waiting in the wings, and are also keeping their eye on Alonso. I think the most likely top team Hulk will end up in is Ferrari. 

In other news Tony Fernandes has reportedly put Caterham up for sale for £350 million. 
VetteIfan said:
AMS97KRR said: 
Very slim I would've thought. If Mclaren wanted to get the Incredible Hulk he would've signed last year. Mclaren have now promoted Magnussen and have Vandoorne waiting in the wings, and are also keeping their eye on Alonso. I think the most likely top team Hulk will end up in is Ferrari. 

In other news Tony Fernandes has reportedly put Caterham up for sale for £350 million. 
Looks like it true regarding Caterham, its on a few other sites aswell.

To be fair Caterham (or back then "Lotus") entered the sport under the assurance that costs would start coming down in F1. That hasn't happened, and in fact looks no closer to being accomplished than it did 5 years ago. 

If I was Fernandes I'd be pretty pissed though. All the money he has thrown at Caterham, and at QPR has yielded close to nothing except embarrassment. Okay, I know QPR got promoted back to the Premier League on Saturday, but they should've been winning the championship comfortably with the wonga available to them. Back to F1 though, I don't think it's much of a coincidence this news has come out less than a day after Marrusia have scored their first points. Especially considering Caterham came so close in the same race. Let's face it as well, leaving even Monaco aside, Marrusia have been ahead of Caterham for some time now. 

If that article from F1 times is accurate though, as harsh as it sounds to say they will be no loss if a manufacturer such as Honda or Ford comes and fills their spot (in terms of being good for F1). 
AMS97KRR said:

Sure Haas ruled out buying a team a month or so ago. Think he's planning running the operation out of the US for whatever reason

Haas is using his already existing facilities in the US, which makes sense because it'd probably be a pain in the ass moving everything to Europe.
  • UP100 pinned this topic