Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

MBKF1 said:
Well, could Magnussen go to Force India then? Do a straight swap with Hulkenberg.
I think Werhlein will go to FI in exchange for cheaper engines like Manor have done. Now I think about it, wasn't Magnussen Haas' second choice for this year if they didn't get Grosjean? Might suit both parties.
Stumbled across this on Reddit. If you listen closely, you can hear Lewis swearing as he stops his Mercedes in Malaysia! Really interesting as you NEVER hear anything like this, just shows the true emotion and none of that PR rubbish you usually hear.

https://youtu.be/uC-lTSqrOrs?t=9m50s

Skip to 9.50.
MBKF1 said:
Stumbled across this on Reddit. If you listen closely, you can hear Lewis swearing as he stops his Mercedes in Malaysia! Really interesting as you NEVER hear anything like this, just shows the true emotion and none of that PR rubbish you usually hear.

https://youtu.be/uC-lTSqrOrs?t=9m50s

Skip to 9.50.
Is there a mirror of this anywhere? Or do you have the reddit link?
I know who the first choice to replace Hulkenberg at Force India is, and it's not who you might think...

Also, I really like the way the FIA are working the wet starts from next year:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/10/14/safety-car-starts-wont-be-abolished-in-2017/

Very well worded and couldn't really be done any better. My only worry is that the SC still stays out for way too long, but with bigger tyres and more aero Charlie might get the message.
Hughesy said:
It's Nasr......                         
Someone is on twitter too much :p 

Nasr is in advanced negotiations but Wehrlein is also on the cards if the deal falls through. Merc don't want to drop engine prices to any other team but would pay his salary. Whichever is the best money gets the drive.
Hughesy said:
Wait so Nasr is in advanced negotiations Yet Wehrlein is on the cards, so who here is actually wrong? Because you said you knew who was getting the seat, yet Nasr is the one in advanced negotiations.  Bloody Journos :p
Nasr is first choice but Werhlein is back up, they're talking to both but Nasr is more likely.
Why fucking Nasr, the guy literally is having trouble with Ericsson.

Ericsson. There are people in the paddock who suspect Ericsson has some kind of brain damage because he tends to switch off too many times at all times.

I hope that falls through, I really do, fuck off.
  • UP100 pinned this topic