Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

On twitter, one of those obviously clickbait links came up. Anyway, I clicked it as it looked interesting (it was secret signs in logos) and the F1 logo came up. Between the "F" and the "1", there is a gap in the shape of an additional "1".

Good luck unseeing it!

My boi, I've known that for years, every race weekend for the last 5 years I've been this way!!

But in terms of the logo design, it is fantastic. Most negative space logos are just beautiful pieces of design. The FedEx logo is another example, really great considered design.

MBKF1 said:
My boi, I've known that for years, every race weekend for the last 5 years I've been this way!!

But in terms of the logo design, it is fantastic. Most negative space logos are just beautiful pieces of design. The FedEx logo is another example, really great considered design.
The FIA should go back to their old logo whilst we're on about it :p

The bit on the right is just there for speed, so I like to think of the logo as F, 1, YEEEEAAAH.

The LM24 logo is much clearer than the F1, due to the massive triangle in the middle of the negative space. Still, a great logo.

MBKF1 said:
The bit on the right is just there for speed, so I like to think of the logo as F, 1, YEEEEAAAH.

The LM24 logo is much clearer than the F1, due to the massive triangle in the middle of the negative space. Still, a great logo.
I dunno, after finding out that there's people out there  who didn't notice the 1 in the F1 logo, I wouldn't be surprised to find out if people thought the triangle behind the 2 was a rear wing endplate for the 2 or something ;)

Seems the drivers are with Lewis on this one, bet they don't get shat on by the press like Hamilton did. Also a journalist from the Sun crying about being blocked by Lewis after all the crap they posted was hilarious

https://twitter.com/Sandra24Jan/status/789181414340112393

Mexicola said:
Seriously, Will Buxton is the real hero of F1.
He really is. I know I sound like Hamilton saying this, but the US fans are truly blessed to have his services. I would give anything to get him on Sky in the place of one of the wet wipes we currently have to deal with.

The thing I like about Buxton is that, while he is known for his TV work (be it in the pit lane, as a reporter or GP2 commentator), at heart his passion is journalism, and you can tell that he is just a genuine fan of the sport. He really gets excited about it, you can sense the passion, it's like he's a little kid at Christmas opening that Christmas present. It's pure excitement.

Before he started in F1 TV, he was a journalist for the sport, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (it might have even been in his own blog) that one of the main reasons he got into TV was so he could just get closer to it all, as a fan of F1, and from getting closer he can therefore give more sides of the story when it comes to his journalism. That's why his blog is so insightful, it's got these amazing anecdotes from the paddock, which you don't see with other people.

Also, he's about 35 years old I think, so he still has many many years left in Formula 1 broadcasting and journalism. I still have my fingers crossed he'll end up on British TV some time soon.

I don't know what to think to this. On the one hand, I'm bitterly disappointed for Gasly because I do think he deserved a shot, but at the same time, his team mate Giovinazzi is out-classing him in GP2 right now, and if Gasly doesn't win the title, I don't think he'll enter F1 with Toro Rosso and Red Bull. If he does win it, then he probably has a shot at a Toro Rosso seat in 2018.

However, I'm happy for Kvyat, because he does deserve a place in Formula 1, and he gets another year to properly re-gather himself and he can put in a proper campaign at full motivation, etc.

That does look like a very neat solution, I hope this video is seen by some people involved high up with the sport.

It ticks a lot of boxes, full canopy protection, while still allowing for quick escapes if needed, not a huge issue if it rolls either, and unlike a lot of closed cockpit racing, the driver's helmet is still quite visible which is definitely a good thing. And it looks nice too!

Whack on a good livery, proper F1 style tyres and aerodynamics and that is a good looking car.

• UP100 pinned this topic