Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

vbulletin was the good ol' days, where I could start forum fights and just stay away for 3 days and the discussion would be 100 pages back and I could pretend I never said that one stupid thing I said, nowadays it stays visible, you can't bury it anymore, this isn't The Undertaker vs. Kane in a Buried Alive-match, this is the Elimination Chamber, everything in full display with no way out.
Do you remember I once went through the original Stuff Thread and made a summary of all the conversation points? There was about 400 pages, I went through it all and made a list.

They were the days when I was a sad teenager with bags of time to waste. Not quite the same now.
Yeah I'm 19, I joined here in late 2010, so that's 6 years now!

Crikey, I was 13 years old... I think I always posted quite well for my age though, as did Chris, because I know he's about the same age as me. Talking of which, I didn't know you've only been here for 3.5 years, seems like longer to me!
MBKF1 said:
Yeah I'm 19, I joined here in late 2010, so that's 6 years now!

Crikey, I was 13 years old... I think I always posted quite well for my age though, as did Chris, because I know he's about the same age as me. Talking of which, I didn't know you've only been here for 3.5 years, seems like longer to me!
Tbh I look back on my old posts and I'm mortified :p I'm only a month younger than you so not far off.
I signed up on the Belgian GP weekend in 2009, after Qualifying. I was 12 I believe :lol:

Those were the times when I was only supposed to be on the computer for an hour or two a day and it was a family computer that was completely useless. I don't miss being 12.

8 years since I signed up for CM forums :p September 2008, back when I was 21. God I miss that age lol.
I had to of signed up around the same time. Can't remember (and can't find it on archive.org). It was late 2008 I believe. Those were the times...oh to be 22 again.
So the latest in the transfer market according to Ben at Read Motorsport.
Ocon to replace Hulkenberg at Force India
Magnussen to replace Gutierrez at Haas
Nasr to replace Magnussen at Renault
Guttierez to return to Sauber
Wehrlein stays at Manor alongside the best paying driver left (probably one of Palmer, King or Haryanto).

Which would make the 2017 grid:
  • Mercedes: Hamilton and Rosberg
  • Red Bull: Ricciardo and Verstappen
  • Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen
  • Force India: Perez and Ocon
  • Williams: Bottas and Stroll
  • McLaren: Alonso and Vandoorne
  • Toro Rosso: Sainz and Kvyat
  • Haas: Grosjean and Magnussen
  • Renault: Hulkenberg and Nasr
  • Manor: Wehrlein and $$$
  • Sauber: Ericsson and Guttierez