The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

That looks really cool!

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
No, that is a plain insulting and ignorant comment thrown at his "friend". 

EDIT: Well, he did say it so it's not like I've fallen for some kind of lie. 

It isn't really that that bothers me, it is that Hamilton is very ignorant. Not being funny, but is Hamilton really British then?
Hamilton is more British than Rosberg is German...
Yes but his grand parents (moved over in the 1950's) were not even British on his dads side, so he can't really talk about heritage like that. 

It really doesn't matter. My point is, he is hardly in a position to say things like that and he should learn to talk less. 
That's boderline racist...
How is that borderline racist when it is true? His grandparents are/were not British, that is a fact. Just the same as mentioning that Rosbergs dad is Finnish not German, how is that racist? 

I hate it when people get accused of being racist over things like this when it is true. I'm certainly not racist, I'm stating facts. 

It doesn't matter though, I'm just saying. The only reason I have an issue is because it is hypocritical and it is not nice to say when it is his home race next. He is half German by blood and half Finnish so yeah. He speaks fluent German and supports German things. 

But it doesn't matter. Really.
Hamilton isn't just saying that Rosberg isn't German because of Keke, he's saying it because he lived in Germany for four weeks.

fIsince08 said:
That looks really cool!

AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
fIsince08 said:
AMS97KRR said:
No, that is a plain insulting and ignorant comment thrown at his "friend". 

EDIT: Well, he did say it so it's not like I've fallen for some kind of lie. 

It isn't really that that bothers me, it is that Hamilton is very ignorant. Not being funny, but is Hamilton really British then?
Hamilton is more British than Rosberg is German...
Yes but his grand parents (moved over in the 1950's) were not even British on his dads side, so he can't really talk about heritage like that. 

It really doesn't matter. My point is, he is hardly in a position to say things like that and he should learn to talk less. 
That's boderline racist...
How is that borderline racist when it is true? His grandparents are/were not British, that is a fact. Just the same as mentioning that Rosbergs dad is Finnish not German, how is that racist? 

I hate it when people get accused of being racist over things like this when it is true. I'm certainly not racist, I'm stating facts. 

It doesn't matter though, I'm just saying. The only reason I have an issue is because it is hypocritical and it is not nice to say when it is his home race next. He is half German by blood and half Finnish so yeah. He speaks fluent German and supports German things. 

But it doesn't matter. Really.
Hamilton isn't just saying that Rosberg isn't German because of Keke, he's saying it because he lived in Germany for four weeks.
He's actually saying it because Rosberg used the German nationality to attract sponsors. Throughout the lower categories Rosberg didn't race under the German flag. Still, I don't see why he had to say it besides mind games.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=522459#p522459

The Spanish sports newspaper Marca reports that the FIA is also considering clamping down on the rate and flow of hybrid power from the new 2014 'power units'.

A source was quoted as saying that while the actual combustion engines produced by Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault this year are remarkably close in performance, the big advantage enjoyed by Mercedes is in the 'hybrid' areas.

The source said Mercedes' advantage could be as much as "between 110 to 130 horse power on the straights".

If true then it's 2005/2012 all over again.. 

I don't really understand why the FIA insist on changing rules mid season all the time. It's only bound to cause trouble. According to Eric Boullier the ban on FRIC has come as a complete surprise to Mclaren.

If it does go through though, the teams that will suffer most from a FRIC ban are rumoured to be Lotus, Mercedes, Ferrari and Marrusia. Mercedes apparently have a FRIC system which not only connects the front and rear but is also connected up diagonally across the car making it easily the most sophisticated system on the grid. Should this be the case, and should the ban go through, it's difficult to say it won't hurt them more than most. By how much it's difficult to say. The ban on FRIC could also benefit Force India who have actually been running without it in some recent races because it's been a trouble for them. It would be a trouble no more if every team were excluded from using it.

• UP100 pinned this topic