Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Some rules need to be changed mid-season if a particular event happens which means it needs a change (I'm thinking about Nurburgring 2013 when the cameraman was struck on the head with the loose wheel. After that they reduced the pit lane speed limits and all cameramen had to be on either the pit wall or the garages I believe). But on a technical point, something that affects the cars, it shouldn't be changed. I don't understand the need to ban the FRIC now, it seems really silly.

Could they not just have cameras on rotatable mounts in certain areas of the pitlane, above each pit box, at the end, middle, start of the pitlane etc. 

Does anyone know if those 18 inch rims are being introduced next year, or just some random thing Pirelli came up with? 

The team who is going to lose the least from a FRIC ban is McLaren, they're really struggling with setting it up. Given that all teams must agree in order to delay it until 2015 I think (given Boullier's words as well) we know the only team which will prevent the delay.

Some rules need to be changed mid-season if a particular event happens which means it needs a change (I'm thinking about Nurburgring 2013 when the cameraman was struck on the head with the loose wheel. After that they reduced the pit lane speed limits and all cameramen had to be on either the pit wall or the garages I believe). But on a technical point, something that affects the cars, it shouldn't be changed. I don't understand the need to ban the FRIC now, it seems really silly.
Thought they could only be in the pit garage during the race?

yugin96 said:

"For sure you wish you left Ferrari too..."

"At least I'm still outscoring you in this dog of a car."
Massa has had very Massa standard luck though, wiped out twice when he had the pace for a podium, poor pitstops, weak stratergy. He's driven as well, if not better than Bottas, without the luck. 

AMS97KRR said:
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9375284/Hamilton-Rosberg-s-Not-Really-German

Hamilton is unbelievably ignorant.  
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/9375708/

One more thing: This is what you said just a few hours ago when people complained about Vettel's voice over the teamradio:

"Wait, are you now complaining about his voice over a crappy radio? Some real petty things being thrown around now. "

Right back at ya, buddy.
Not picking sides, but the video is complete nonsense. I don't think anyone other than Rosberg himself can say whether he's a true German or not. He has a German mother. If he feels German, then he is one.

I accept the opinion of the second guy speaking that Hamilton said it in a joking matter, off-the-record, it's not his comments that bothers me, it's that first guy defending him like Lewis made some stellar argument as to why Rosberg should not be seen as a German, which is pure bias and quite frankly, extremely annoying. Imagine the sensationalistic headlines if Hamilton grew up in Monaco, raced under a British license and Rosberg made the same joke. Press would scream complete outrage. You could have Hamilton say that Rosberg won't win the championship because he is a bad pooper and you would have some "analyst" explaining in detail why proper pooping is the key to winning races. He'll probably make it a weight related issue.

Dude, 77 Euros off? That can't be actually happening can it?

I would like to go to the Nurburgring over Hockenheim though, although I wouldn't complain if I got the chance to go to either :p 

I wouldn't be in the minority if I went to a German GP

• UP100 pinned this topic