Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Until I see it confirmed on the Autosport/F1 website then I will have my doubts. Wasn't there something like this last year, but that turned out to be false

Until I see it confirmed on the Autosport/F1 website then I will have my doubts. Wasn't there something like this last year, but that turned out to be false

Same here. The first thing I did was check Autosport and I saw nothing so I have my doubts too. I would love to see it happen though.

It's confirmed on the site i use

F1 times

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-rivals-target-vettel-marko/

Let silly season commence. I see nothing in the Mercedes rumours as I don't think they would drop Hamilton just for the sake of having two German drivers. 

Mclaren however is a different story, having made an apparent "outrageous" offer for Vettel to join them next season. I still think any team change for Vettel at the moment would be a mistake, but a lot depends on how Renault get on next year, and how indeed Honda do as well, to lead him to a more informed decision for a possible 2016 move. As the years go on in this new hybrid era the engine homologation rules get stricter and stricter with each year that passes, so Renault and Ferrari need to be getting their act together sooner rather than later. 

VetteIfan said:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-rivals-target-vettel-marko/

Let silly season commence. I see nothing in the Mercedes rumours as I don't think they would drop Hamilton just for the sake of having two German drivers. 

Mclaren however is a different story, having made an apparent "outrageous" offer for Vettel to join them next season. I still think any team change for Vettel at the moment would be a mistake, but a lot depends on how Renault get on next year, and how indeed Honda do as well, to lead him to a more informed decision for a possible 2016 move. As the years go on in this new hybrid era the engine homologation rules get stricter and stricter with each year that passes, so Renault and Ferrari need to be getting their act together sooner rather than later. 

If Seb doesn't up his game, I doubt many other top teams will be looking out for him. 4 titles or not, it's the presence which counts.

Nah, top F1 teams are clever enough to judge him on his whole career rather than what is effectively 3 races (given the fact he's retired from 3 races so far this year and has done 4 races that would be considered at least decent by anyone's standard in Malaysia, Spain, Canada and Germany). 

As a side note actually, when you look at it that way, and consider that the actual score in qualifying is 3-3 with mechanical problems taken out of it, it goes to show how overblown this supposedly terrible season for Vettel is. But, perception is everything in F1, and the perception has been made it seems. 

^^ What he said. 

Apart from that, it's not as if Vettel was the only RB driver to lose points with no fault of his own. Daniel lost 18 points in Australia and at least 12 points in Malaysia without putting a foot wrong, that's 30 points. Plus the first lap-melee in Hockenheim which saw him move back to 16th I believe. We both know although you won't admit it that if it wasn't for that, Daniel would have finished ahead of Sebastian AGAIN. And AGAIN it would have been without Seb facing any problems with the car. 

If you're denying that Daniel did a better job so far this year and people could clearly expect a lot more from a 4 times WDC (the youngest 4xWDC at that) than just about having the same amount of points counting out the bad luck compared to a guy who was struggling to beat Vergne and even failed to do so in his first year at TR, then I'm afraid it's about time to put the rose-tinted glasses off.

Vettel has 4 times as many championships than Ricciardo, he should be humiliating him in the races where they have both had trouble free times, but he hasn't.

And before anyone gets sarcastic, I know 4 X 0 is technically 0.

• UP100 pinned this topic