Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Don't see Monza losing it appeal still a good corner without a gravel trap.

Meh , not really. All it is now is a long left hander. What made it difficult was the gravel trap on the outside (how many times have people went wide there in the past couple of years ). Now that I think of it , it was probably the most challenging corner on the calender since Spa and Silverstone etc have been covered in tarmac run-off. Some corners the tarmac run off is fine , but in corners like this it completely ruins them.

Meh , not really. All it is now is a long left hander. What made it difficult was the gravel trap on the outside (how many times have people went wide there in the past couple of years ). Now that I think of it , it was probably the most challenging corner on the calender since Spa and Silverstone etc have been covered in tarmac run-off. Some corners the tarmac run off is fine , but in corners like this it completely ruins them.

Huh?

It's a shame it's gone, part of what makes F1 exciting is the fact that mistakes are punished.

fIsince08 said:

Huh?

It's a shame it's gone, part of what makes F1 exciting is the fact that mistakes are punished.

What do you mean by huh ? I'm agreeing with what you said.

fIsince08 said:

Huh?

Which way does the Parabollica go? :p 

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

Huh?

Which way does the Parabollica go? :p 

Meh , not really. All it is now is a long right hander. What made it difficult was the gravel trap on the outside (how many times have people went wide there in the past couple of years ). Now that I think of it , it was probably the most challenging corner on the calender since Spa and Silverstone etc have been covered in tarmac run-off. Some corners the tarmac run off is fine , but in corners like this it completely ruins them.

Montezemolo is rumoured to be the new chairman of Italian airline Alitalia after playing a big part in the negotiations between them and Etihad.

Apparently he was asked by the Italian Prime Minister to use his links in Abu Dhabi to get Etihad to buy Alitalia and they now own 49% of Alitalia.

He's denied that he's going to be the chairman but you never know

Yeah but Alonso still never wins anything. He's trapped.

And Kimi isn't? Sure Kimi could move to another team, but his reputation has definitely taken a blow this year. Alonso on the other hand could do whatever he wants. He's widely regarded as the most complete driver on the grid and there's not many teams who'd say no to having him.

Yeah but Alonso still never wins anything. He's trapped.

And Kimi isn't? Sure Kimi could move to another team, but his reputation has definitely taken a blow this year. Alonso on the other hand could do whatever he wants. He's widely regarded as the most complete driver on the grid and there's not many teams who'd say no to having him.

Kimi isn't bothered, he's going to retire at the end of his contract anyway. I wouldn't say his reputation has taken a massive blow, he was always the fastest guy out there before 2009. 2012 and 2013 were simply sublime, destroying his teammates with ease. This year he's had bad luck, struggles with the harder compound and has gone from a good car to a terrible one. His driving style relies on a good front end, Ferrari don't have that. I'd love to see Kimi at Williams with Bottas, since Massa isn't exactly shining alongside his ROOKIE teammate, but I can't really see that happening.

• UP100 pinned this topic