Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Massa is quick in quali, but he's slow in the race. He beat Alonso quite a few times in quali, but in the race he was always miles behind. Even look at Bottas and Massa now, take away bad luck and you can see that Massa is good in quali, but the points Bottas has scored show how inconsistent Massa is in the races. This is also pre-accident Massa.

Not slow but just not as quick.
Massa is quick in quali, but he's slow in the race. He beat Alonso quite a few times in quali, but in the race he was always miles behind. Even look at Bottas and Massa now, take away bad luck and you can see that Massa is good in quali, but the points Bottas has scored show how inconsistent Massa is in the races. This is also pre-accident Massa.

Massa vs Raikkonen, 2007-Hungarian GP 2009

Massa 25, Raikkonen 20

Massa vs Alonso, 2010-2013

Massa 19, Alonso 58(!!!)

I rest my case.

Is anyone going to explain why he wasn't? 

Well, he got beaten by Massa in the 2008 world championship, but quite a way. You said that 'Massa's quick in quali, but he's slow in the race', but 2008 season doesn't support that.

Mexicola said:

Not taking sides on this matter, but that's Alonso you're talking about here. You know, one of the greatest drivers of all time and certainly the best on the grid?

I can't remember that being debated at any stage.

Colt's saying that in terms of Qualifying results Massa out performed Raikkonen slightly, but crushed by Alonso. I'm saying it's not that valid of an argument if you're going to compare Alonso, who is an all time great, and Raikkonen, who, with all due respect, is not.

Mexicola said:

Not taking sides on this matter, but that's Alonso you're talking about here. You know, one of the greatest drivers of all time and certainly the best on the grid?

I can't remember that being debated at any stage.

Didn't you kind of debate exactly this by saying that Kimi was the fastest guy out there before 2009?

That's 100% rubbish for me. Why would Ferrari do that? Why would they sabotage his season, just after he won the title for them the previous season, and the constructors championship, they'd ruin their chances at that.

Sorry, that's a load of codswallop.

• UP100 pinned this topic