Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Mexicola said:

Not going to happen. The only reason Vettel would move is if the car wasn't up to scratch, what makes him think Red Bull will do any worse than McLaren next season? He seems happy with the team, even if the car isn't exactly in a world championship winning position. McLaren aren't improving, and nothing makes me think they will improve next season (who really knows if that Honda engine is going to be much of an improvement?).

Vettel is a very intelligent guy, going to McLaren would be a dumb move.

I agree with all of this. However I would say on Honda's part, although we don't know where they'll stand yet, having full access to the inner workings of the dominant engine on this year's grid can't have hurt in their development. Being one year behind the development curve is a lot to make up for though. 

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere Vettel's contract has a clause of needing to achieve a top 3 WCC finish and deliver him at least two wins each season. That isn't entirely impossible to achieve through the remainder of this season, but it isn't entirely probable either. Which would open the way up if he did wish to leave. 

VetteIfan said:
Mexicola said:

Not going to happen. The only reason Vettel would move is if the car wasn't up to scratch, what makes him think Red Bull will do any worse than McLaren next season? He seems happy with the team, even if the car isn't exactly in a world championship winning position. McLaren aren't improving, and nothing makes me think they will improve next season (who really knows if that Honda engine is going to be much of an improvement?).

Vettel is a very intelligent guy, going to McLaren would be a dumb move.

I agree with all of this. However I would say on Honda's part, although we don't know where they'll stand yet, having full access to the inner workings of the dominant engine on this year's grid can't have hurt in their development. Being one year behind the development curve is a lot to make up for though. 

On the other hand McLaren are struggling despite having a dominant engine atm, so I don't see how a copy of it should suddenly bring them a huge boost. Apparently they can't get it right even with a 2014 Mercedes V6 Turbo.

Apart from that: How would you feel about Seb leaving RB for McLaren?

Maybe in a few years. Button aside, Mclaren are a team I have a lot more love for recently with Whitmarsh gone, Dennis back in charge and Magnussen driving one of the cars (I'm on the Magnussen bandwagon). But their competitive state right now is awful, and Seb is still driving the second best car on the grid so there's no need to go jumping ship yet. 

VetteIfan said:

Maybe in a few years. Button aside, Mclaren are a team I have a lot more love for recently with Whitmarsh gone, Dennis back in charge and Magnussen driving one of the cars (I'm on the Magnussen bandwagon). But their competitive state right now is awful, and Seb is still driving the second best car on the grid so there's no need to go jumping ship yet. 

Straight from the horses mouth ;) Vettel to McLaren in a few years. I'm guessing Seb's signed the contract already though with the way he states he has a lot more love for McLaren recently, very PR talk.

Did anyone take a screenshot of Hulkenberg's retweet?! :p I just want to see it saying something like 'Nico Hulkenberg retweeted Tits Daily's tweet'. :D

omg, imagine if he's in the FIA press conference tomorrow...

'Let's throw the questions over to the floor, anyone? Yes.'

'Nico, yesterday it appeared that you retweeted an inappropriate image, what do you have to say about that?'

'Well, errrr, the sponsors forced me...'

Did anyone take a screenshot of Hulkenberg's retweet?! :p I just want to see it saying something like 'Nico Hulkenberg retweeted Tits Daily's tweet'. :D

omg, imagine if he's in the FIA press conference tomorrow...

'Let's throw the questions over to the floor, anyone? Yes.'

'Nico, yesterday it appeared that you retweeted an inappropriate image, what do you have to say about that?'

'Well, errrr, the sponsors forced me...'

What was it? There's nothing there now... And sorry, he's not at the press conference today :p

• UP100 pinned this topic