Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

fIsince08 said:
What the hell have they done to that track! I was so looking forward to seeing cars go round the last corner as well :(
so was I looks like they ripped it in half I was looking forward to it as I remember it being very Monza esque and we don't have that many high speed tracks on the calendar any more

• Codemasters Staff
I've been saying for years I'd love to see wider tyres back in F1! They look awesome and more mechanical grip means (in theory) better cornering speeds without relying on downforce.

As for the Nurburgring news... from the perspective of an F1 fan, I like both those circuits. Don't really mind which of those has the GP. As an F1 game developer on the other hand, calender changes are the worst XD

Britpoint said:
I've been saying for years I'd love to see wider tyres back in F1! They look awesome and more mechanical grip means (in theory) better cornering speeds without relying on downforce.

As for the Nurburgring news... from the perspective of an F1 fan, I like both those circuits. Don't really mind which of those has the GP. As an F1 game developer on the other hand, calender changes are the worst XD
I would think you'd have both tracks programmed into your new engine anyway so hopefully it won't end up too bad. It's jut a case of which track to use of the 2 I prefer Hockenheim anyway so it isn't a bad thing. All you need really is the car data.

Britpoint said:

Good luck getting Mexico ready for early season then. :p

• Codemasters Staff
So if, hypothetically, all the teams turned up to Melbourne without having spent any of their tokens, that would also give Honda the right to use 32 tokens of their own throughout the season, after homologating a race worthy unit on the 28th of February. 

Have I understood that right?

Britpoint said:
So if, hypothetically, all the teams turned up to Melbourne without having spent any of their tokens, that would also give Honda the right to use 32 tokens of their own throughout the season, after homologating a race worthy unit on the 28th of February. 

Sounds like it.

Britpoint said:

Yes they are allowed to but the amount of tokens they get for 2015 is determined by how many unused tokens Mercedes, Red bull and Ferrari haven't used before the Melbourne GP.

Those teams mentioned gets 32 tokens each.

I know F1 news can be quite slow during the winter break, but Sky are taking it to new levels:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24182/9646290/ferrari-summon-sebastian-vettel-to-maranello

Who would've thought, Vettel dropping round for a visit to the place where he is employed...

VetteIfan said:
I know F1 news can be quite slow during the winter break, but Sky are taking it to new levels:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24182/9646290/ferrari-summon-sebastian-vettel-to-maranello

Who would've thought, Vettel dropping round for a visit to the place where he is employed...
Blimin heck, they must be desperate. As you say, he now works there so I'd kinda expect him to go there anyway...

mike96 said:
Liam12d said:
mike96 said:
Honda has been allowed to develop it's engine during 2015 http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30860212  

Links broke, try here people: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30860212
Hmmm it's the same without the ";" :p 
Well actually I'll have you find I did the unimaginable and changed it to ".co.uk" :p

Oh and yeah sky's desperateness is more ridiculous than Hamilton's priest wear. I mean look at this.

This looks quite promising! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117443?source=mostpopular
And on another note, if anyone has watched Ted's notebook part 2 it explains a lot of reasons why Mexico had to change, which do seem fair enough.

I love Formula 1, I always have and I always will, but my god some of the teams and the people who run it don't half wind me up.

Ferrari are calling for a 'revolution' in the rules. Why is it always Ferrari who b*tch about the rules when it's not going their way? No other team does it to the extent of Ferrari. How about they just get on with building a car that's good enough to win again because the last couple of years have been rubbish! It's laughable to think they haven't won a championship since 2008.

And then there's the point that apparently the sport is losing fans to 'the internet and video games'. This links well to the story about FOM and their stupid copyrighting thing. If so many people are on the internet then, why don't you make a bleeding YouTube account, Facebook page, etc to publicise the sport more! Get people involved, attract them to this awesome sport with incredible technology, amazing speed, super human drivers, incredible overtakes, a superb history.

I know that was an awfully worded comment but I'm fed up with it. There's always something wrong with F1, be it the rules, the TV, the sponsors being aimed at old people, the noise, the look of the cars, the tyres, etc.

I love Formula 1, I always have and I always will, but my god some of the teams and the people who run it don't half wind me up.

Ferrari are calling for a 'revolution' in the rules. Why is it always Ferrari who b*tch about the rules when it's not going their way? No other team does it to the extent of Ferrari. How about they just get on with building a car that's good enough to win again because the last couple of years have been rubbish! It's laughable to think they haven't won a championship since 2008.

And then there's the point that apparently the sport is losing fans to 'the internet and video games'. This links well to the story about FOM and their stupid copyrighting thing. If so many people are on the internet then, why don't you make a bleeding YouTube account, Facebook page, etc to publicise the sport more! Get people involved, attract them to this awesome sport with incredible technology, amazing speed, super human drivers, incredible overtakes, a superb history.

I know that was an awfully worded comment but I'm fed up with it. There's always something wrong with F1, be it the rules, the TV, the sponsors being aimed at old people, the noise, the look of the cars, the tyres, etc.
Bernie Ecclestone.

fIsince08 said:
mike96 said:
Is it true that Bernie has banned "F1" from social media accounts?
Yup. He's officially lost it.
Wait, what? How does he even think he will be able to accomplish that?

Also, unrelated, but in Holland, we're getting Formula 1, MotoGP Series, GP2, GP3, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NASCAR Truck Series, NASCAR Euro Series, European Formula 3, World Endurance Championship, IndyCar Series, the DTM, Porsche Supercup, Ferrari Challenge, the ADAC GT Masters, Euro V8 Series and the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring all on the same channel! Last year, all we got was Formula 1 and MotoGP, that was it.

Absolutely a great time to be alive.

• The topic was pinned