Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

How is Super Formula not too helpful in terms of usability? Their lap times at Suzuka are only about 6-7 seconds slower than a 2013 F1 car, so it won't be much different from going GP2 to F1.

And with his Le Mans experience he'll be used to the kind of speeds they'll be hitting. The only thing that could throw him off is how fast the cars accelerate, how much they grip in the corners, and how technical they are to maintain.

You're underestimating how difficult it is to jump into a F1-race seat mid-season and set any sort of a decent performance. It's a whole another level. History has proven it to be so.
Jiggy said:

How is Super Formula not too helpful in terms of usability? Their lap times at Suzuka are only about 6-7 seconds slower than a 2013 F1 car, so it won't be much different from going GP2 to F1.

And with his Le Mans experience he'll be used to the kind of speeds they'll be hitting. The only thing that could throw him off is how fast the cars accelerate, how much they grip in the corners, and how technical they are to maintain.

You're underestimating how difficult it is to jump into a F1-race seat mid-season and set any sort of a decent performance. It's a whole another level. History has proven it to be so.

So then. Lotterer faster than Ericsson in FP1. You were saying? ;)

Jiggy said:

So then. Lotterer faster than Ericsson in FP1. You were saying? ;)

To be fair, I could drive faster than Ericsson. Give me a bottle of Smirnoff and off I go, man.

@Jiggy Lotterer 1 second faster than Ericsson in his very first wet session ;) 

I hate how this goddamn forum works with quotes.

Either way, I'll bet you were shitting it when he was 6 seconds down on Ericsson. My point still stands though, coming in mid-season and beating your team-mate straight away has not happened in recent times in F1 and therefore, was very unlikely to happen this time. It has happened though, which is nothing short of a huge surprise. It also gives Ericsson something to think about. 

Nah, not even a ittle bit :p I was figuring with it being his first ever session in the wet that it was understandable he was that slow, not wanting to smash the car into a barrier. 
When he went 6 tenths up I thought Ericsson would stick in another lap and beat him, but then when he went a full second up I was surprised! But impressed too. 

fIsince08 said:

Obviously I want Hamilton to win this championship, but I will feel sorry for Rosberg if he wins this championship as he'll be "the one who won because his team mate was unlucky".

Rosberg would be champ because of his questionable qualifying at Monaco, and his stupid hit on Hamilton here, combined with Hamiltons bad luck. 

• UP100 pinned this topic