Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

f1since08

Well, the agenda of 5 A-teams, 5 B-teams never looked clearer.

Anyway, surely Manor only need to change the nose and get it crash tested to race? The rest of the car is still legal, right? Admittedly they wont make Melbourne, but who says they can't make it for Malaysia/Bahrain/China

Anyway, surely Manor only need to change the nose and get it crash tested to race? The rest of the car is still legal, right? Admittedly they wont make Melbourne, but who says they can't make it for Malaysia/Bahrain/China
I still think the teams will come up with some excuse, Force India and Sauber want the Marussia prize money.

fIsince08 said:

I still think the teams will come up with some excuse, Force India and Sauber want the Marussia prize money.
They can't get it without a re-write of the Concorde Agreement. The prize money is already hard set in there.

Edit: When I think about it, Manor's entry means their part in the concorde agreement is still valid, right? So they would have to formally withdraw or allow that section to be torn up before the prize money can change. If they think FI/Sauber/Lotus aren't standing up for them, that wont happen. FIA keeps the $55m

Another note is, that if $55m is the correct value, that's £35.8m here, Marussia's debts post-auction are rumoured to be £32m, so if they can unlock the money, they're actually in the green!

fIsince08 said:

They can't get it without a re-write of the Concorde Agreement. The prize money is already hard set in there.

Edit: When I think about it, Manor's entry means their part in the concorde agreement is still valid, right? So they would have to formally withdraw or allow that section to be torn up before the prize money can change. If they think FI/Sauber/Lotus aren't standing up for them, that wont happen. FIA keeps the $55m
Iirc the prize money for an abandoned team moves to the next nearest team? Something like that happened when Toyota pulled out and Sauber got the constructor's place, right?

Marussia/Manor being quite bullish about their return.

https://www.facebook.com/ManorRacing/posts/780283978694092

They've also updated their cover photo to a shot from Melbourne. They're convinced they're going...
Interesting that there is no mention of the rejection yesterday...

The most impressive thing about that lap was the fact he did exactly the same time on 3 different laps - 1:42.2. The ultimate lap times of the F1 guys counts for little on Top Gear, but that consistency in a road car on a track he's never driven before is brilliant.  

Formula 1 coverage in Australia will be dead soon with Channel 10 (FTA) doing a deal with Foxtel to share the coverage from Melbourne onwards. Channel 10 will only get 10 lives races while Foxtel will have 20 live races, the rest of the races on channel 10 will be shown in a one hour highlights shown the Monday after the race.

Pretty annoyed to be honest i'll watch Melbourne but don't know if i will watch anymore races after that.

Daily Telegraph 

Formula 1 coverage in Australia will be dead soon with Channel 10 (FTA) doing a deal with Foxtel to share the coverage from Melbourne onwards. Channel 10 will only get 10 lives races while Foxtel will have 20 live races, the rest of the races on channel 10 will be shown in a one hour highlights shown the Monday after the race.

Pretty annoyed to be honest i'll watch Melbourne but don't know if i will watch anymore races after that.

Daily Telegraph 
That's practically no different to how it's shown in the UK.

I actually disagree with them running the 2014 car in any shape or form. Even if they are backmarkers, what's the point of the article rules if a team can just be exempt from them when they get in trouble. It sets a dangerous precedent for the future if another team goes bust and uses the policy of "Well Marrusia/Manor were excused from Rule X so it's fine if can we be excused from Rule Y now, right?". 

• The topic was pinned