Jump to content Jump to content

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Dude, I like you, but you're getting way too angry at Rosberg and I don't even know why. You've trashed him 10 times today already, that's beaten anything I've ever done with anybody and you also lashed out at onetwothree about it. Give it a rest already, man, because you're starting to sound exceedingly sore.

Mexicola said:

Dude, I like you, but you're getting way too angry at Rosberg and I don't even know why. You've trashed him 10 times today already, that's beaten anything I've ever done with anybody and you also lashed out at onetwothree about it. Give it a rest already, man, because you're starting to sound exceedingly sore.

Because Rosberg has just ruined what could have been an awesome battle for the second half of the season, with an incredibly stupid half move that utterly buttrammed Hamilton. Rest of the championship is just gonna be Rosberg protecting his lead, and it's gonna be boring.

And beaten anything you've done? Your Hamilton bashing is far more extreme than my dislike of Rosberg. Every single race, you and onetwothree just bitch, moan and slate Hamilton, so you saying this to me is pretty damn hypocritical.

Mexicola said:

Not really. I do it in jest. I do it because it's funny. You seem to have genuine hatred for a guy you've never met. Also,

Mexicola said:

Give it a rest already, man, because you're starting to sound exceedingly sore.

So in other words you do it to flame bate?

I don't hate Rosberg, I just don't like him very much, his attitude rubs me the wrong way. But what's wrong with that? Surely there's drivers you don't like too so let me have my opinion dude. I think Rosberg made a stupid move, it's probably ruined any hopes I had of a decent championship fight and I'm posting my disappointment. 

I like how Rosberg is doing things. He was losing this championship and was out-classed by Hamilton. He developed a huge mean streak and turned his level up a notch. Rosberg's been faster and smarter ever since he decided to drop the nice teammate act. He always lacked an edge and now that he has it, it's going to win him a championship.

Jiggy said:
I like how Rosberg is doing things. He was losing this championship and was out-classed by Hamilton. He developed a huge mean streak and turned his level up a notch. Rosberg's been faster and smarter ever since he decided to drop the nice teammate act. He always lacked an edge and now that he has it, it's going to win him a championship.

You're making Hamilton's misfortunes sound like Rosberg's doing. Brakes don't fail and engines don't just burn out or lose a cylinder because of your teammate turning his level up a notch. And if it wasn't for the misfortune, Rosberg would be behind Lewis in the WDC, whether he is nice or not.

Rosberg also is getting pole-positions where Hamilton is expected to grab it and generally getting himself in positions to capitalize on Hamilton's misfortune. 

Before Monaco, Rosberg was second-best in everything. Now he isn't anymore. That is a difference that Rosberg needed to rectify and he did.

Jiggy said:
Rosberg also is getting pole-positions where Hamilton is expected to grab it and generally getting himself in positions to capitalize on Hamilton's misfortune. 

Before Monaco, Rosberg was second-best in everything. Now he isn't anymore. That is a difference that Rosberg needed to rectify and he did.

You mean like he's getting Poles by "accidentaly" outbreaking himself and by his closest rival suffering from brake failures and engine failures before he can even put up a fight to get into Q2?

Amazing guy that Rosberg.

“It looked quite clear to me but we just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose,” Hamilton said. “He said he did it on purpose, he said he could have avoided it. He said 'I did it to prove a point', he basically said 'I did it to prove a point'. And you don't have to just rely on me, go and ask Toto, Paddy and all those guys who are not happy with him as well.”

“It's interesting because we had that meeting on Thursday and Nico expressed how angry he was – I was thinking 'It's been three weeks and you've been lingering?!' He expressed how angry he was, he literally sat there and said how angry he was at Toto and Paddy. But I thought we should be good after that and then this result … it's interesting.” 

Can we go back to Vettel winning every race? He was a German I loved to hate, plus he's actually a better driver than Rosberg.

(Shock, horror, I just said Vettel is good :o)

So you're telling me if it was Vettel in the Merc instead of Rosberg , he'd be even further ahead of Hamilton ?

No idea where you got that from. If it was Hamilton vs Vettel in the same car who knows where they'd be? If Hamilton hadn't had more car failures than Rosberg this year then he'd have been leading the championship. But with Vettel in the other car instead who knows? It's impossible to really say.

And I was actually talking about Vettel in the Red Bull. But I guess they're Ricciardo's team now ;)

Can we go back to Vettel winning every race? He was a German I loved to hate, plus he's actually a better driver than Rosberg.

(Shock, horror, I just said Vettel is good :o)

So you're telling me if it was Vettel in the Merc instead of Rosberg , he'd be even further ahead of Hamilton ?

No idea where you got that from. If it was Hamilton vs Vettel in the same car who knows where they'd be? If Hamilton hadn't had more car failures than Rosberg this year then he'd have been leading the championship. But with Vettel in the other car instead who knows? It's impossible to really say.

And I was actually talking about Vettel in the Red Bull. But I guess they're Ricciardo's team now ;)

You're just taking the piss now.  I might have conversation with you once you've calmed down. Plus , I don't like Vettel so yeah , I hope it is Ricciardo's team now. 

I am calm... You've just blown your top for no reason bud. I was just saying that I wasn't reffering to Vettel winning in a Merc, but Vettel winning in a Red Bull.

And agreed on your second point. I can see Vettel coming back strong next season if the car is to his liking, but Ricciardo has seriously shown him up this season.

I am calm... You've just blown your top for no reason bud. I was just saying that I wasn't reffering to Vettel winning in a Merc, but Vettel winning in a Red Bull.

And agreed on your second point. I can see Vettel coming back strong next season if the car is to his liking, but Ricciardo has seriously shown him up this season.

Well I am calm too. And I think I'm misunderstanding your second point. Are you saying Vettel in 2010-2013 is better or Vettel this year is better or what. If you're saying Vettel this year is better then Daniel Ricciardo must be one heck of a driver. 

Well I am calm too. And I think I'm misunderstanding your second point. Are you saying Vettel in 2010-2013 is better or Vettel this year is better or what. If you're saying Vettel this year is better then Daniel Ricciardo must be one heck of a driver. 

Lol, what I meant was I'd prefer to see Vettel dominating again in a Red Bull instead of Rosberg in a Merc :p I don't particularly like either of them, but I'm starting to thaw a little to Vettel. I'll never be a fan of his, but my respect for him has grown, mainly because of how he's handling himself now, and not really getting upset about his current performances against Ricciardo.

Jiggy said:

You mean like he's getting Poles by "accidentaly" outbreaking himself and by his closest rival suffering from brake failures and engine failures before he can even put up a fight to get into Q2?

Amazing guy that Rosberg.

No, I mean performances like Saturday where Rosberg grabbed pole in the wet on Spa. Singling out the moments where Hamilton had suffered bad luck like it's the only factor in the current WDC-standings makes you look biased. It is a factor, nobody is denying it, but it would be unfair to say the absolute least to completely ignore the progress Rosberg has made as a driver as well.

I find it funny the way people say "Ricciardo is beating Vettel, can you believe it? Ricciardo?" almost as if he is a bad driver.

It is clear Vettel doesn't like the car, but why does Ricciardo "being better" or on the same level (according to some people) have to be a negative thing? Maybe Vettel is the driver his championships show and Ricciardo is just as good? Is it impossible that Ricciardo is actually a very good driver too? If Ricciardo ends up with 5 titles and Vettel ends of 4, how will you all look back on their time together? Because Ricciardo is showing all the same things Vettel has, he is very quick, calm and doesn't make many mistakes. 

Any way you look at it, Vettel is still in the top 5 drivers on the grid (Lewis, Alonso, Vettel, Ricciardo and Raikkonen based on current and past form). In my opinion Ricciardo beating Vettel is a mix of bad luck for Vettel, Ricciardo actually being a good driver and the car suiting Ricciardo more. 

Like I've said in the past, give it a couple of years and we'll see. 

I think that however we look at it, F1 has some cracking drivers, and the sport will be in good hands when the top drivers of the last decade start retiring (Button, Raikkonen, Alonso etc).

Knowing that we have young drivers like Bottas, Ricciardo, Hulkenberg and so on as possible future WDC contenders is just fantastic :)

And obviously we still have Hamilton, Rosberg, and Vettel for a good few years to come, but they're like in the middle of the older generation and newer gwneration :p

• UP100 pinned this topic